Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a botters/cheater's heaven.

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

If botting is more efficient than actually playing, it's a game design flaw.

Botting only allows people to skip the mind-numbing boredom of certain mmorpgs.

When ESO came out I grinded 12 hours straight and it was a blast.

Veteran ranks are such BS that I could definately use a bot though Oo

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by psiic

What really pisses me off is how EASY these issues could be fixed if zenimax would just place some goddamn GM's or CS in game to deal with it.

They are either too cheap, too stupid, or too ambivalent to give a rat's ass how bad the situation has really become.

I want this game to succeed so bad,  but the problem is the same problem we always have.

This fricken generation of imbecile gamers, the " Josie and the Pussycat " gamers, this bunch of lemmings that have NEVER had an original thought and are like " OMG this is the best game ever, and red is the new pink!! " 

They flock in to new games by the thousands like a swarm of locusts, not to play the game, or earn their gear, status or rewards, but rather to pay some gold seller for the best gear, pay some power leveler to level cap them, pay some vampire or werewolf to bite them. Cheat, exploit, and dupe.  Just so they can epeen around for a month bragging about how awesome they are.

At the end of the month they all start whining how bored they are, how there is no end game content, and how much the game they never played in the first place sucks.

Then after destroying the game economy by botting, exploiting, duping, and or whatever else they can think of to leave mass destruction in their wake they flock to the new game and begin the cycle all over again.

And the really F'd up part of it all is because there are so many of them and because they are all a bunch of seagulls all mocking whatever the first one squaks they are the ones the stupid ass game developers are listening to.

It's moronic and I am so freaking fed up with it.

I swear to God its like a bunch of freakin drones, what the hell ever happened to the free thinkers, the dreamers, the passion, and the creativity.  How did so many people lose their freakin souls.

+100%

However, what this poster doesn't realise is that the only thing that changed is that the MMO playerbase simply ballooned into multi-millions, and the the "free thinkers, the dreamers, the passionate and the creativite" (which were a large portion of the small initial crowd) were simply drowned-out and sidelined by the unwashed masses.

The good people are still there, they're just very hard to stop in a sea of players screaming "gimme-dat-nao" !

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I make a game out of killing bots when I find them grouped around a public dungeon mini boss. I grab aggro on a mob with a distance aoe, stand in the middle of the bots, and then move a couple feet and laugh as they all die.  They usually rez right away but it still amuses me.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Airwren
    Originally posted by Korusus

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.  Megaserver is probably the culprit, combined with easily (like, mind bogglingly easy) exploitable game mechanics....like bosses that spawn like clockwork every two minutes in the exact same spot and drop loot.  That was just begging to be camped by bots.

Megaserver means they're constantly in your face.  No matter how crowded or sparse an individual instance of a zone/delve/dungeon is, your chances of running into bots is exponentially higher than it would be on normal split servers.

I highlighted your most interesting point because you clearly never played GW2.  I can promise you the cheating in that game at launch was every bit as bad and as blatant as this game is and they didn't have an excuse, they'd already had 1 MMO launch under their belts.  Fyi, GW1 was botted to high hell as well so they didn't learn a damn thing.  Stop over exaggerating your bullshit.

If you track my posting history you will see that I have been harshly criticizing Anet for not acting enough on the botting problem.

However, even after the release with all the accounts that were hacked and stolen by Chinese, the problem has never been anything as big as what ESO players are describing now.

What was your suggestion about exaggeration again?

Harbinger of Fools
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

First I would like to say I would never buy gold, this will kill all reason to strive for accomplishment .

1) The one server ( mega server ) makes it easy for Gold farmers.

2) The need for gold is there :

- Early game to get your first mount. I'm level 15 and only have 7000 gold.  I don't feel like PvPing without a mount.

- To get your epic mount requires a lot of gold.

- Not sure how much respecting is but I understand it's expensive.  Around level 8 or so, I thought of respecting because As I understood the game more I wish I spected differently.  However later I was ok with my decisions, and it worked out....This may not be true for others that wished they did things differently.

- Bag space, if you craft is low.

- Bank space if you craft is low. Up grades are expensive. I only have one character.  My understanding is that bank space is shared.  If so you start a new character your gimped for space.

- With lots of gold you don't have to craft.

- With lots of gold, crafting is easer, you could buy materials.

- Repair cost are ridicules. I learned not to repair weapons and armor. I wasted a lot of gold repairing early game.

Maybe your good at mmos, Maybe your good with working with your Guild to take advantage of resources for all to prosper in making gold.  BUT UNDERSTAND THIS, more players than not are noobs...By far !

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    The biggest problem is if ZOS don't ban them.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

I will never understand this kind of typical contradiction in MMOs:

On the one hand all this crying for "an aim", "hard core stuff", "longer leveling time", "harsh death penalties", "grinding seperates the men from the boys", "real endgame" etc.

on the other hand this huge market to get by all of this - botting, cheating, gold selling, paying for leveling, paying for raiding, etc.

What is wrong with you?

It is a minority that wants to go back old school, it is the newer mass generation of MMO players that love this easy mode shit.

I cancelled my sub until they fix this. They will never know why I cancelled though because there was no exit survey, crap company.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Viper482

On the one hand all this crying for "an aim", "hard core stuff", "longer leveling time", "harsh death penalties", "grinding seperates the men from the boys", "real endgame" etc.

on the other hand this huge market to get by all of this - botting, cheating, gold selling, paying for leveling, paying for raiding, etc.

What is wrong with you?

It is a minority that wants to go back old school, it is the newer mass generation of MMO players that love this easy mode shit.

I cancelled my sub until they fix this. They will never know why I cancelled though because there was no exit survey, crap company.

This man speaks the truth...

I continue to hope that candy crush easy mode theme parks for the ADHD generation will eventually fall out of fashion and devs will once again start to make actual MMORPGs :)

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    You know what is the sad thing the only time these botters and cheaters are reduced is when the game dies then they all flock to another game. This part is what makes me really sad cos if you wait to play a game when this problems are gone it is too late. Don't know whether to support a game when it comes out or wait till it's popularity wanes and these exploiters,botters and cheats leave for greener pastures.
    Chamber of Chains
  • LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Viper482

What is wrong with you?

Making singe player games is way different than making mmo's. I hope they will learn from this, so their next mmo will be a better try.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

The fact that this type of junk has existed in other games doesn't excuse it - if anything it indicates that companies should do a better job of preparing for and dealing with it.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Yes, there is a lot of nonsense in the general chat of the starter zones.  No, it doesn't persist to the rest of the game.  If anything, it looks as if they've done something about the bots teleporting around to harvest things - as the nodes have reappeared after gettting hard to find for a few days.  I can see a change, and I can also see that this is a very particular problem in the entry regions.
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

If they start doing free trials .. Were royally screwed

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by psiic

What really pisses me off is how EASY these issues could be fixed if zenimax would just place some goddamn GM's or CS in game to deal with it.

They are either too cheap, too stupid, or too ambivalent to give a rat's ass how bad the situation has really become.

I want this game to succeed so bad,  but the problem is the same problem we always have.

This fricken generation of imbecile gamers, the " Josie and the Pussycat " gamers, this bunch of lemmings that have NEVER had an original thought and are like " OMG this is the best game ever, and red is the new pink!! " 

They flock in to new games by the thousands like a swarm of locusts, not to play the game, or earn their gear, status or rewards, but rather to pay some gold seller for the best gear, pay some power leveler to level cap them, pay some vampire or werewolf to bite them. Cheat, exploit, and dupe.  Just so they can epeen around for a month bragging about how awesome they are.

At the end of the month they all start whining how bored they are, how there is no end game content, and how much the game they never played in the first place sucks.

Then after destroying the game economy by botting, exploiting, duping, and or whatever else they can think of to leave mass destruction in their wake they flock to the new game and begin the cycle all over again.

And the really F'd up part of it all is because there are so many of them and because they are all a bunch of seagulls all mocking whatever the first one squaks they are the ones the stupid ass game developers are listening to.

It's moronic and I am so freaking fed up with it.

I swear to God its like a bunch of freakin drones, what the hell ever happened to the free thinkers, the dreamers, the passion, and the creativity.  How did so many people lose their freakin souls.

+50

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

FFXIV wins this one hands down.  You could not even look at the chat window in that game.  It was constant spam every second of the day, not to mention the massive EXP bot farms like the video AND the harvest bots.

Other games have bot problems, but nothing like FFXIV.  They should be given some kind of bot award.

Either this was back immediately after launch, or you're exaggerating greatly.

In my time in XIV, I would see RMT spam in the form of PMs only once in a while, and only when I was in towns.

And anyway, how bad it might be in XIV is a topic for the XIV forums. This is about ESO.

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

if i could make my own mmo reguardles of what it was id have hired gms in general chat  when possible ad  squads of  non paid players who are flagged to pvp anyone but if they abuse it its taken away  theyre supposed to pvp only spammers and bottters reported by players like they say  heres a link it teleports the  guide to the spammer they the get killed and  the guide gets their head as a trophy the guides can force players to take a sort of capcha test of some sort ( to prove their not just non english reading), not the rediculius crap like on forms.

on top of  that non random name generator,,and anti cheat programs a capcha system for creation, a  charactor creation limit per day say limit it to  say 7 a day NO unverified free acounts they have to use something like a drivers license  when making the acount or a debit card perhaps something bought from a store.

Secondly revenge hack and screw with third party program generators legal maybe not but  i dont care .Yes i know it wouldnt get all of them but it would cut it down   to the bone

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

FFXIV wins this one hands down.  You could not even look at the chat window in that game.  It was constant spam every second of the day, not to mention the massive EXP bot farms like the video AND the harvest bots.

Other games have bot problems, but nothing like FFXIV.  They should be given some kind of bot award.

Either this was back immediately after launch, or you're exaggerating greatly.

In my time in XIV, I would see RMT spam in the form of PMs only once in a while, and only when I was in towns.

And anyway, how bad it might be in XIV is a topic for the XIV forums. This is about ESO.

Well most bots are right after launch and they were horrible in FFXIV. It was bad enough that the nodes were placed in almost a perfect circle and you could watch the partially visible bots port from one to the next. I'm not saying it is FFXIV only, it happens in every new mmo. ESO will get better just as the rest have. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bA67BXf7rA

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

This is the sad reality of some mmorpg players honestly. Do you really think that bot programmers would be doing this if there wasn't a demand for it? All you have to do is google: Bot programs for mmorpgs. You'll get several hits of people trying to create these programs. And if you dig deep enough you'll find that this process starts as early as alpha. Like I said, sad really. But lazy/busy players are the ones demanding this crap. No one wants to play mmorpgs like they use to be played before:

Video strat/add-on/third party program free.

true but i dont understand why people do this at all.. youre not playing the game so whats the experience you are having by using bots im just curious. seems pointless imo.

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

Originally posted by klash2def

This is the sad reality of some mmorpg players honestly. Do you really think that bot programmers would be doing this if there wasn't a demand for it? All you have to do is google: Bot programs for mmorpgs. You'll get several hits of people trying to create these programs. And if you dig deep enough you'll find that this process starts as early as alpha. Like I said, sad really. But lazy/busy players are the ones demanding this crap. No one wants to play mmorpgs like they use to be played before:

true but i dont understand why people do this at all.. youre not playing the game so whats the experience you are having by using bots im just curious. seems pointless imo.

These aren't players, they are professional botters who make a living off of gold farming.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I swear I want to kill every goldseller and botter that has ruined this genre . I just wish there were ways to get rid of them for good but it is impossible I know a vain wish on my part. The people I really want to strangle though are the people that buy gold and power levelling services they are the ones creating a market and again I am powerless to do anything but whine and complain about them.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by Amjoco

These aren't players, they are professional botters who make a living off of gold farming.

It doesn't matter what their motive is, it isn't about inventing new insults to throw at botters.

Players like us shouldn't have to keep giving patronising lectures as I told you so's after every new game. The developers should know what they're doing in the first place.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Korusus

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.  Megaserver is probably the culprit, combined with easily (like, mind bogglingly easy) exploitable game mechanics....like bosses that spawn like clockwork every two minutes in the exact same spot and drop loot.  That was just begging to be camped by bots.

Megaserver means they're constantly in your face.  No matter how crowded or sparse an individual instance of a zone/delve/dungeon is, your chances of running into bots is exponentially higher than it would be on normal split servers.

You haven't played many then...been this bad since forever. Some more behind the scenes that others.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by rounner
    Originally posted by Amjoco

It doesn't matter what their motive is, it isn't about inventing new insults to throw at botters.

Players like us shouldn't have to keep giving patronising lectures as I told you so's after every new game. The developers should know what they're doing in the first place.

Just posting an answer to klash's comment. You may have been commenting to the guy before me though. /shrug

• brad31781brad31781 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    The biggest issue for me with TESO duping was it was reported on Feb 7th and they did nothing about it. Asinine to say the least to let it carry over to release. Just shows how little they care about their game and why I have already sold and moved on.