Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP looting?

dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

Did they decide on how to handle pvp looting yet.  This game would be great with a full loot system in place where items were nothing more than items.  No epics or garbage grind for hours to get bs items.

I hate when they make great games that when you die nothing happens. You just spawn up and run back in, it takes away so much from the game experience.  Or they add a xp debt bar, or res sickness, those are dumb ideas.

So what is it going to be, tell me.

Comments

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by dranael

Did they decide on how to handle pvp looting yet.  This game would be great with a full loot system in place where items were nothing more than items.  No epics or garbage grind for hours to get bs items.

I hate when they make great games that when you die nothing happens. You just spawn up and run back in, it takes away so much from the game experience.  Or they add a xp debt bar, or res sickness, those are dumb ideas.

At this moment we are testing option where you can loot a bit of your nation mate inventory and most of another nation sack.

You have exact time to loot enemy (before he will be able to click respawn), and every item type have exact time to be looted. Also items which are actually worn by victim takes a bit more time to loot, since you have to take it off from him.

As far as I know feedback is possitive but we know those system also have disadvantages. We are open for discussion!

• dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

At this moment we are testing option where you can loot a bit of your nation mate inventory and most of another nation sack.

You have exact time to loot enemy (before he will be able to click respawn), and every item type have exact time to be looted. Also items which are actually worn by victim takes a bit more time to loot, since you have to take it off from him.

As far as I know feedback is possitive but we know those system also have disadvantages. We are open for discussion!

Seems like a bit of a hassle.  Why not just go full loot and call it good.  The game is based on realism style combat anyways.  Full loot would top it off nicely.  I guess I will have to try the system you have now.  Its been a long time since I tried the game.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

If items are nothing more than items then why loot them? A pvp game doesn't have to be "full" loot to be enjoyable. I see no reason why a game can't cater to both the looters and collectors as long as neither are more valuable/useful than the other. One idea (maybe not the best, but it's an example) is I believe ArcheAge allows you to loot resources, which I would assume are a fairly valuable commodity, or at least it should be. 

I personally like the idea of any item in your bag is 100% lootable, but have some kind of protection on equipped items. The kinds of protections I'm thinking of are like, any item at 90% or better durability are not lootable, but once it's below that it can be. This would encourage people to take out good gear for pvp but still risk loosing it after a certain point. Or perhaps every time you die, only 2 pieces of equipped items are lootable and your grave is lootable after 12 or 24 hours that way you have time to wait if they try to camp your grave (timer only visible to you).

I don't have the perfect answer, but my point is if you put no value on items then there is no point in looting them. If there is value on items, people wont risk them.

• Kiria_1991Kiria_1991 Member Posts: 11
    +1. I just hope they will remember there's a thick line between protection of equipment and pay to win. Anyway, looking at Pre-Alpha closed forum seems to be going in a good way.
  • bryanettebryanette Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Just got my kicked ass yesterday. Lost 2 armor items which I was crafting for a while and for me its just enough.
  • bigosiarbigosiar Member Posts: 2

Actually I am a carebear player so loosing only a part of inventory is way better for me than full loot which I couldn't stand.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

Seems like a bit of a hassle.  Why not just go full loot and call it good.  The game is based on realism style combat anyways.  Full loot would top it off nicely.  I guess I will have to try the system you have now.  Its been a long time since I tried the game.

Because it takes time to loot and things a person is wearing takes longer time. The realism you wanted is thrown out the window when you say "just go full loot and call it good".

You stay sassy!

• trevanotrevano Member UncommonPosts: 17

Full loot is good for people who can play everyday few hours. Problem is in age of people who have all day to play - mostly they are kids who ruin all the gameplay.

If Gloria Victis want to gather more mature audience, with no psychopaths, partial loot seems to be good option. It still gives fun from PvP but allows to enjoy the game people who can play only few hours per week, as they don't need to recover all the equipment after sudden death in random ambush.

• bluefootedbluefooted Member Posts: 48

Why not scale it like Asheron's call did? They did your level /10 in items, based on value. The higher the value, the more likely it was to drop. 

This means you could drop good gear, but people carried "death items", like a dinner plate that was light weight but worth a ton of money. So when you died, you lost just those few items. Sometimes it was a big item and you are upset.

The other thing they did with gear is always found at the bottom of dungeons. So you make it to the bottom, you grab the gear, you are done. If you are really high level for it, you can sometimes just walk down. So even if you do lose some "quest" gear, you can just repeat the place, maybe with guildies to help. 

But anyway, I liked the few / random / most valuable drop system, that scaled with level (so level 15 person would only drop 1 item)