Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is Still Great. They just need to fire everyone top level. No Content for 12 months is ridicules

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I notice a lot of people complaining about WoW. A lot of people keep going back to WoW. I don't think WoW is really the problem but the top level people working for it are. Once again more or less then Cata I'm not sure but there is going to be about 12 month gap till 6.0 and there is no 5.5 planned.

This is one hell of a insane joke. That is 1 year so about 1.2 billion dollars saying they only have 7 million Subs that they will end up making with out really any work. Don't forget the next expansion is paid for Via the Box Cost + 1.5-2.0 Subs that come from it after. 

This is why some top people at Blizzard need to be fired. Not asking for new Raids or Dungeons daily. But hell how are is it to add some content here and there? Some events and such. It's insane I know so many people who would work 40-60k a Year as 3D Model Designs, Textures, Etc. Like there is a lot of skilled people out there but Blizzard seems to keep no one at all for content updates period.

Jesus it is a joke how they get away with this. I wish News Sites would do more coverage on how they can do better rather then just praising them.

SNIP

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Welcome to why most of us quit.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Its disgusting that Blizzard does not push out new contend for such long stretches of time.
    They have the biggest budget for the past 9 years.....
    undisputed king of subscriptions....
    yet studio's with 1/10 their budget release more contend then they do.

I loved wow for a realy long time, longer then any mmo, but the dumbing down of everything and catering to the "casuals" made this game a lobby game....
    The way wow works and worked is very diffrent nowdays, some for the better but most for the worse.

Ghostcrawler is gone and thats a big +10 at least :P

And this year might be a real horror for blizzard to.
    ESO / Wildstar / AA and god nows what more comes out this year.
    Many likeminded people will leave wow, and they only got themselves to blame here tbh.

Still It was one hell of a ride with Blizzard :)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

As long as the dollars continue to roll in, it will remain business as usual.

I wonder if there will ever be "a straw that broke the camel's back"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Its disgusting that Blizzard does not push out new contend for such long stretches of time.
    They have the biggest budget for the past 9 years.....
    undisputed king of subscriptions....
    yet studio's with 1/10 their budget release more contend then they do.

I loved wow for a realy long time, longer then any mmo, but the dumbing down of everything and catering to the "casuals" made this game a lobby game....
    The way wow works and worked is very diffrent nowdays, some for the better but most for the worse.

Ghostcrawler is gone and thats a big +10 at least :P

And this year might be a real horror for blizzard to.
    ESO / Wildstar / AA and god nows what more comes out this year.
    Many likeminded people will leave wow, and they only got themselves to blame here tbh.

Still It was one hell of a ride with Blizzard :)

History usually likes to repeat itself. Many will leave but in the end WoD is released by Christmas. Certainly WoW will get hit but with but they will get their money surely.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I know that, but each expansion the dropoff is bigger and bigger.
    yet if they would spit out contend their yearly income would be much better.

But hey what do we siple souls know eh :)

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

You have gotten several new mounts to buy in the cash shop and you can purchase a high level character right out of the box now right?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Mothanos

I know that, but each expansion the dropoff is bigger and bigger.
    yet if they would spit out contend their yearly income would be much better.

But hey what do we siple souls know eh :)

It might be time to change the way they do things and start putting content in more often. The market isn't what it used to be and jumping from game to game as they launch new content is pretty normal now.

But.... you really can't fault them for how they've done things in the past. anyone who thinks they could have done better is just fooling themselves.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

I suspect many have grown tired of only getting content for a year, following an expansion.  It's very apparent guilds are now collapsing, because subscribers are bored.

This time they may have pushed people to far.   Especially as WoD offers so little, with a lot of dumbing down.

Originally posted by udon

You have gotten several new mounts to buy in the cash shop and you can purchase a high level character right out of the box now right?

All new content for their loyal customer base. Too bad you need a sub to enjoy your $25 mount.

Blizzard just keeps on giving and giving.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

They dont need to fire everyone at the top, because the good ones already quit, thats the problem.

The solution however, is to follow them.. Oh Wait.. Where did they go you ask..

To image

Carbine Studios is currently working on an unannounced project that promises to break new ground in massively multiplayer gaming. The studio, comprised of 17 former Blizzard employees including lead and senior developers from the World of Warcraft team, is led by industry veterans Kevin Beardslee, Tim Cain and Jeremy Gaffney. Kevin Beardslee, Carbine's vice president of design, was a lead developer on Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft. Tim Cain, Carbine's programming director, was the producer, lead programmer and designer on the award winning Fallout, and co-founder of Troika Games. Carbine's Executive Producer Jeremy Gaffney previously worked as executive producer on NCsoft's City of Heroes®, and established the product development group at NCsoft's Austin headquarters as VP of development. He was also a co-founder of Turbine, Inc., where he spearheaded development on Asheron's Call.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I think everyone knows how Blizz handles expansions by now.   If you continue to sub during the lull between expansion and believe that you're not getting your money's worth, cancel for a while and come back when WoD drops.

It's kind of like rested XP, Blizz probably wants you to take a break from the game while they focus on the new expansion.   Then when the new xpac arrives, you're rejuvenated and ready to go for another 8-12 months.   

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

My guess is that they are getting desperate to get Titan finished... They already moved their best people to that after Catas release and rumors say that they scrapped most of what they had and started from close to scratch once since then.

It is a risky game though, Wow subscribers do deserve updates and new content and chances are that they will lose more players due to this.

Then again, that is just a guess, they might as well already be working on Wow 2 or Activision might have robbed them blind or something.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Xssiv

I think everyone knows how Blizz handles expansions by now.   If you continue to sub during the lull between expansion and believe that you're not getting your money's worth, cancel for a while and come back when WoD drops.

It's kind of like rested XP, Blizz probably wants you to take a break from the game while they focus on the new expansion.   Then when the new xpac arrives, you're rejuvenated and ready to go for another 8-12 months.   

Yet they have time to make more money :P

SNIP

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Still better than ESO. 
    Originally posted by Viadric
    Still better than ESO. 

hehehe

ESO sure has a hold over you. You just cant stop bringing it up no matter which thread your in.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Loke666

My guess is that they are getting desperate to get Titan finished... They already moved their best people to that after Catas release and rumors say that they scrapped most of what they had and started from close to scratch once since then.

Umm...they arn't "rumors"...they are confirmed Blizzard facts. In the same report that announced they are pretty much "starting over" with titan, those "all the best people they moved over" got redistributed back to WoW, Diablo, and other Blizz projects, while a small handfull stayed on titan.

At least know what you are tlaking about, before using it as the basis of your post.....(I know, I should lower my internet forum expectations).

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I'm not really surprised considering how much extra work seems to be going into the next expansion, due later this year.  They are adding a lot of pretty neat features, not to mention a complete revamp of the character models.

You make me like charity

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    I'm not really surprised considering how much extra work seems to be going into the next expansion, due later this year.  They are adding a lot of pretty neat features, not to mention a complete revamp of the character models.

Could you compare this with Rift or EQ2 or many other MMORPG's that have a team of like 5-20 that bring in about 100+ Times Less income? 

A lot of people don't get if Blizzard had like 500k Subs and if they did not go free 2 play. They be doing about the same content wise now maybe a bit less per expansion...

But with  7 Million They are going be doing about the same. That does not add up fairly at all. 

SNIP

Originally posted by kanechart

Could you compare this with Rift or EQ2 or many other MMORPG's that have a team of like 5-20 that bring in about 100+ Times Less income? 

A lot of people don't get if Blizzard had like 500k Subs and if they did not go free 2 play. They be doing about the same content wise now maybe a bit less per expansion...

But with  7 Million They are going be doing about the same. That does not add up fairly at all. 

While it is completely insane and terrible that WoW will be going a year (its been 7 months since its last) without a content patch, lets not get crazy and imply that Rift and others like it have been adding more overall content. Any 1 MoP content patch has contained more content  than pretty much any 10 Rift content patches from the last few years combined.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by doodphace

While it is completely insane and terrible that WoW will be going a year (its been 7 months since its last) without a content patch, lets not get crazy and imply that Rift and others like it have been adding more overall content. Any 1 MoP content patch has contained more content  than pretty much any 10 Rift content patches from the last few years combined.

Not even close to true. Go to Rifts patch notes. They did a patch (almost) once every 3 days. They put out more content in the first year then most MMO do in 2 or 3 years.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I like WoW, but I have to agree. Asking players to wait a year for new content is insane.
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    I'm shocked that they are waiting this long to add significant content for a game that is sub based. It's insulting, actually. Even the guys at the booth during PAX were like, "You're here to play Heroes of the Storm" and I'm like, "No, I want to see the new WoW models" and the Blizz guy looked at me like, "Why do you want to play that?" Not kidding.
  • ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Blizzard knows the majority of their player base will put up with whatever they do.  When more people start speaking with their wallet you will see more content being rolled out.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

You just need to show your feelings by un-subbing and only subbing when they release good content, if people continue to pony up the monthly fee yet are not given new content for months and months more fool them.

I played WoW non-stop for almost four years vanilla+TBC but since wrath I only sub to play expansions, once i'm done with the content (2-3 months) I unsub until it's worth my time and money to resub, if everyone did this you can sure Blizzard would get their asses in gear.

I've nothing but love for Blizzard but they're probably the slowest devs on the planet, they say it's cus of their high standards but I think it's more cus they are allowed to develope at their own pace, I also get the feeling that there are maybe too many cooks which slows everything down.

Originally posted by fodell54
    Originally posted by doodphace

Not even close to true. Go to Rifts patch notes. They did a patch (almost) once every 3 days. They put out more content in the first year then most MMO do in 2 or 3 years.

Your response to Rift not releasing anywhere as much content as WoW in WoW's MoP era, is that Rift was putting out updates almost every 3 days in 2011? I don't even..... Take your own advice and go read all of the Rift patch notes combined since MoP was released, then compare them all to WoW's last content patch alone.......its not that hard.

I'll even help you out:

http://community.riftgame.com/en/category/updates/

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_5.4.0

...sigh