Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of ESO has gone down

Comments

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Wow  !  The price really has came down a lot. That was fast . Glad I waited a bit, gonna wait just a tad longer before I buy a copy. 
  • amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by cheyane
    It's not an online site don't you get it ,it's a game shop in his area.

The store he named is part of a huge chain that also has an online presence, the store wouldn't offer such an amazing offer after 1 week of stocking it alone because that kind of deal would be offered in all their outlets.  This isn't 5 or 10% off this is 50% off and 90 days playtime, that's an incredible offer that means they would be making almost no profit from it because they would be giving 2 things away for half the price of one.

If someone can link me to any other reputable store with the offer OP stated I'd love to see it, I will buy for that right now.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by amber-r

The store he named is part of a huge chain that also has an online presence, the store wouldn't offer such an amazing offer after 1 week of stocking it alone because that kind of deal would be offered in all their outlets.  This isn't 5 or 10% off this is 50% off and 90 days playtime, that's an incredible offer that means they would be making almost no profit from it because they would be giving 2 things away for half the price of one.

If someone can link me to any other reputable store with the offer OP stated I'd love to see it, I will buy for that right now.

Why don't you call the store he did mention? 

Originally posted by simsalabim77

It's 9 pm, very few game stores are open 24 hours a day.

Also that isn't the phone number of the store, that's the phone number on the website that's charged at 10p per minute.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Contact-Us

http://www.game.co.uk/en/elder-scrolls-online-with-60-day-pre-paid-time-card-290762?pageSize=20&searchTerm=elder scrolls online&catGroupId=

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

It's 9 pm, very few game stores are open 24 hours a day.

Ah, that'd make sense lol. I'm not saying whether the OP is right or wrong, but there's a real easy way to find out if you are so inclined. 

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

Not necessarily...Redditch is a small town so it's entirely possible the store manager has put this on a special deal, especially if it's not selling amazingly well.

Redditch is only 30 mins drive from where I live so if my local GAME doesn't have this offer I may have a drive over there tomorrow:)

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

And I almost pre ordered. I am so glad I held off. This just reeks of "cash grab"

I'll wait a bit longer now.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

And I almost pre ordered. I am so glad I held off. This just reeks of "cash grab"

I've been doing the same thing because the game is overpriced in my opinion, I wanted to play it but after being burned many times recently I decided to wait for a price drop.

I'm slightly annoyed at false claims of such good deals only to find no such thing, I even checked game and the price is £45.99 for the package op suggested and not £20.

I've been doing the same thing because the game is overpriced in my opinion, I wanted to play it but after being burned many times recently I decided to wait for a price drop.

I'm slightly annoyed at false claims of such good deals only to find no such thing, I even checked game and the price is £45.99 for the package op suggested and not £20.

So, then it hasn't gone down?

I mean, Yeah, I still want to play this game, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more money entering into an MMORPG than any other before only to have a game experience I can find elsewhere for much less.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not if the price comes down. If it does so soon, it hardly justifies the initial cost.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I mean, Yeah, I still want to play this game, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more money entering into an MMORPG than any other before only to have a game experience I can find elsewhere for much less.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not if the price comes down. If it does so soon, it hardly justifies the initial cost.

Huh?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

I'll just leave this here: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/310257/the-elder-scrolls-online-pc.html

Dutch website for price comparison. You can see in the graph that the price was even beneath 30 euros at one point.

Personally I never have to spent more than €35 on new PC games. There are always online shops offering new games arround this pricepoint.

Originally posted by Distopia

Huh?

What do you mean "huh"?

MMOs I paid for before were 40 bucks if they had a sub. ($30 for FFXIV)

I'd pay 60 bucks, but it's starting to look like Run-O-The-Mill Online.

Plus I really don't like this Imperial Edition thing for another 20. I think that just plain sucks.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The lesson here is never buy any mmo at release. You all got on the hype train and soon the game will probably go f2p. I say probably 4 months there will be an option with tons of items in the cash shop. This game is going to be about taking as much money from players as they can.

Huh?

What do you mean "huh"?

MMOs I paid for before were 40 bucks if they had a sub.

Plus I really don't like this Imperial Edition thing for another 20. I think that just plain sucks.

Even SWG was standard box price in 2003 $50. Standard box price today is $60 GW2, SWTOR, etc.. The only recent exception was FFXIV's relaunch, but that wasn't a new release. What MMO's cost 40 at launch? I don't recall any.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I paid £25 for a second copy in GAME (Cambridge) at the weekend, so I believe the OP. It was marketed as a 'Manager's Special' deal.

Of course, I only paid £24.99 for a digital pre-order from GameKeysNow.com :/

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88
    Called this shit so hard. F2P within the month with full cash shop. This is just a cash grab. They don't care about the game at all.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Also do all remember that game / music stores can price items by mistake. I remember ( showing my age here ) going to woolworths and spotting Faith No More The Real Thing on tape for the price of a tape single £1.99 so yes I bought it , obviously.

If I was interested in Fantasy MMO's then I would have jumped on that deal :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Huh?

What do you mean "huh"?

Even SWG was standard box price in 2003 $50. Standard box price today is $60 GW2, SWTOR, etc.. The only recent exception was FFXIV's relaunch, but that wasn't a new release. What MMO's cost 40 at launch? I don't recall any.

GW2 didn't have a sub. I paid $39.99 for Rift. I paid the same to play WoW back in the day. Everything else I forget. SWG was a birthday present so I couldn't tell you. 

Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I remember paying about the same for City of Heroes too.

Huh?

What do you mean "huh"?

GW2 didn't have a sub. I paid $39.99 for Rift. I paid the same to play WoW back in the day. Everything else I forget. SWG was a birthday present so I couldn't tell you. 

Edit:

I honestly didn't know what you meant by "most expensive ever to enter", as it isn't, I wasn't trying to "prove" anything.

Huh?

What do you mean "huh"?

Edit:

I honestly didn't know what you meant by "most expensive ever to enter", as it isn't, I wasn't trying to "prove" anything.

I didn't mean to imply anything, but I have had too many instances here where people will try to trip me up on a meaningless side statement that has little to do with what I was saying. So it was starting to look like I was being herded up into an admission that TESO is somehow worth the price they are asking.

Again, sorry if I got my wall up.

I didn't mean to imply anything, but I have had too many instances here where people will try to trip me up on a meaningless side statement that has little to do with what I was saying. So it was starting to look like I was being herded up into an admission that TESO is somehow worth the price they are asking.

Fair enough and understandable, it's often hard to read intent behind a forum post. :)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by jimmy123

I noticed that the price of ESO had gone down by 20 pounds when i popped into a game shop in town.

I played a few hours in beta but dced alot, didnt bother pre ordering thought id wait a while see how things panned out.

Seems to me not that good if the price has dropped so soon after release.

I had high hopes for this game but when playing in beta seemed that the game needed alot of work before due date.

Wait, I bought the game for £35. So you are saying the game dropped by £20 to £15? Where did you find it for £15?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Fair enough and understandable, it's often hard to read intent behind a forum post. :)

BTW, and for the record, I am not saying that it's not worth the cost, but my point is that I'm not saying it is either. (my) jury is still out on that. If and when I decide to buy it, that's when I'll say it's worth it.....Or likewise, if I do decide it's worth the cost, I'll buy the game.

The thing is, If I do buy the game, I'll want the horse so that WILL be a factor in my decision.

BTW, and for the record, I am not saying that it's not worth the cost, but my point is that I'm not saying it is either. (my) jury is still out on that. If and when I decide to buy it, that's when I'll say it's worth it.....Or likewise, if I do decide it's worth the cost, I'll buy the game.

The thing is, If I do buy the game, I'll want the horse so that WILL be a factor in my decision.

I am right there with you on that one, I haven't bought it yet myself.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

239 danish kroner including 25% VAT = equivalent to 44$ here www.playgames.dk

I'm sure it can be done cheaper