Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch out for "Elite Guarbage" guilds.

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hey everyone -  Just a word of warning to look out for certain elitist guilds on ESO.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ebonheart Pact, we have a guild that well basically "thinks they are the shpit".  This guild zerg invited all PvP participants when the game came out, swelling their numbers to full capacity in a very short while, because they invited Anyone and Everyone. I joined because I had no where else to go, and figured, you can be in 5 guilds, why the heck not.

So, everything has been OK.  Said guild claims to be #1 in NA, (yet they never lead any coordinated raid.  All guild chat is filled with is "PRESS 3 FOR PVP".  Ok so you press 3, you get invited to their group, but there is nearly no direction, just a bunch of blow-hards talking down to people.  (Well, they demand you get on Vent, and while we had probably 40+ people in PvP, vent had maybe 4 people in it?)...Plus by the attitude of the "leaders" I have a feeling I would just be getting yelled at the whole time. (not fun.)

So...I have been in the guild since early release, always listening to "We have 5 people in the top 10 leaderboards"  "We are best guild NA", yet all that make them great is that they play probably 16 hours a day.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So..jump to last night.  The guild leader comes on and begins making announcements. (He/she recently hit vr1).  He/she proclaims that if you are not VR1, you are now not to PvP, because "This guild is elite, and if you aren't VR1, you are useless in PvP".

He/she continues to claim that you will be barred from all PvP raid groups, and you are forbidden from making your own PvP raid groups, and if are found out to be making your own PvP raid groups/PvPing without being VR1, then you will be reprimanded.

(Insert rambles from the guild leader how they are an Elitist Guild, number 1 NA, number 1 blah blah blah shoot me in the head.)

*************Remember, they zerg invited any and everyone when the game came out.  The guild is full, and as the guild leader claims "I have people, elite skilled people, begging to join this guild. So if you aren't leveling, then you are useless to us".

So...the leader was fine with everyone PvPing and doing as they please before.  Actually he/she always told people that we needed more in PvP, come join PvP. 

But now that he/she has hit vr1 (level 50) they all the sudden feel the need to control people and tell them they can't do certain things unless they no-life it up to 50.  And if they do want to PvP, they may get the boot because "You are useless"... Sorry my dedicated healing ass is useless in PvP, remind me not to heal you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, just be on the lookout for this "Elite Guarbage" guild.  You will most likely find them in Auriel's Bow (SP), shouting nonsense about how they are number 1 guild NA and have the most people in the top 10 leaderboards...yet make no organized raid groups that actually accomplish anything besides wasting my time and getting belittled by people with "elitist" attitudes.

I can assure you, that beyond their copious amounts of play-time, they aren't elite at much, besides being "elite pricks" who think they are gods on our server.

It is sad I had to leave, it was nice having people to talk to, but if I am going to be forbidden to PvP, forbidden to do certain things because this ZERG INVITE guild now decides they want to be "ELITE NUMBER 1 NA GUILD", then they are definitely not the guild for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The game has barely been out that long, not everyone has no life/the desire to power-level to 50.  Some of us like to enjoy the game for what it is, craft, collect, explore, be goofy, HAVE FUN.

The game is not a job.  And I won't be told how to play/controlled by anyone, even if their name implies that they are some sort of Emperor or Empress.

(Walls of text hit you for 5,000 damage)

(Waits for the trolls, "QFT" "Quit complaining"  "Man up". "Why did you even come here posting this crap"  "Insert GIF with some kind of witty troll phrase")

(/endrant, good day :)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    didnt read But these guild cant get annoying sometimes because they think all of us have time to spend on games
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    So, you say they won't allow anyone in the guild to PvP until they hit endgame (VR 1)?  
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Can you gives us names so we can hump their corspes?
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

You get this kind of thing when the focus is on PvP.  I ran into a similar situation with a bunch of jerks in Planetside 2.  They constantly bark orders and insults and people and expect them to take it like they're in the army or something.  It's a game, so... lighten up.

"Elite" is just a word for blowhards to make themselves feel important.  Just enjoy the game, find a new guild, and definitely avoid anything like this.  It'll ruin your fun...

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Any of your top 5 make emperor yet? 

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Sounds like a pretty awesome epic guild elite guild. I want to join.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    So, you say they won't allow anyone in the guild to PvP until they hit endgame (VR 1)?  

Correct, for the most part.

It was said that if you are not VR 1, then you will NOT be welcome/invited into their PvP raids anymore.

(Keep in mind they zerg invited to max capacity when game released, and begged/encouraged everyone to always be in PvP...until the guild leader hit VR-1 then decided to change everything)

So I asked "Can I make a non-vr1 raid group", which was swiftly replied with NO.  Then explained that if you aren't leveling up to VR-1, and are PvPing instead, then you are not helping out the guild and probably should leave...since "I have tons of people begging to join the guild" (according to the guild leader).

If you read between the lines, you can figure out the guild name/possible leader name based on my  " quotation marks "...just take out the "bage" part.  "Elite Guar_"

Also - A hint at the possible guild leader name....

Originally posted by Dragim

The game is not a job.  And I won't be told how to play/controlled by anyone, even if their name implies that they are some sort of Emperor or Empress.

-------------

Originally posted by Ticonz
    Any of your top 5 make emperor yet? 

And also no, none of them have been "Emperor" yet, and have been falling out of the "top 5/10/15" whatever it is.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Wow, that's awful.  So you pay your $15 per month, and are then told by your guild that part of the game is closed off to you until you endgame.  

Quit that guild, if you haven't already.  Bunch of elitist assholes.  

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

crap like that is why i don't join hardcore guilds anymore, especially for pve raiding.

ive done the hardcore mmo gaming thing, ive been in multiple guilds that were one of the tops on the server.

the OP is right, it isn't fun. all you get from it is a false sense of accomplishment after working your second job that you don't get paid for.

seriously, my boss in real life doesn't talk to me the way some of my ex guild leaders used to talk to everyone on vent during raids and in guild chat, like they are your dad or something.

it's fucking stupid and i am over that shit.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Dragim

This guild zerg invited all PvP participants when the game came out, swelling their numbers to full capacity in a very short while, because they invited Anyone and Everyone. 

...and you thought this was a good sign?  Guilds that do this are worthless garbage and no-one should touch them with a barge pole.  It is written.

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145

Here are some pictures of Elite Gamers!

Do you have what it takes to be ELITE?

More HOT POCKETS!!