Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOLD Predictions!

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Blasphim
    Originally posted by dxsaoshi
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by prowess
    HeroEngine doesn't come with the ability to do housing...  so that one's wrong.

The Repopulaton would like a word.. IF a studio with as little funding as that can get it in why couldn't a studio like zenimax? Unless of course they don't want to.

Until the Repopulation actually does those things, its just speculation and wishful thinking, and does not in any way support your argument to the contrary.image

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Player_Housing_Tutorial that is called google and 2 minutes with it.

Until there's even a working alpha it is just wishful thinking, and no amount of 'bigging up' the hero engine is going to change that, until we see an actual working version. and there isn't one.image

Such a negative nancy. The Devs promised housing. Devs like these never lie they will surely deliver and Repopulation will be the best western MMO for a long time come. Just let it happen. Repopulation will be the next coming and I for one can't wait.

I thought that SOE's "New Home For SWG Players" was the next coming.....this is MMORPG forums right?

Myths too now apparently, though SOE is more likely to produce something than the repopulation guys are, though both have yet to produce something significant to back up their 'promises', kind of wonder, is there any link between games developers and politicians image

no wait, scratch that, bankers and politicians are a way lower form of life, games developers just have a problem delivering on them, not outright lying about them image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Oph8
    Originally posted by thubub

Since the servers are down I will start off with some BOLD predictions about the game's future.  In a former life I was Nostradamus, so use caution when you try convince everyone that I am wrong. 

1.  This game will go free to play....... NEVER!!!!

That's right, I said it.  It is NEEEEVER going free to play.  It currently has a ginormous subscriber base (1-2 million at least) and the game wont lose enough of that subscriber base to warrant the free to play move.  Also, going free to play will devalue the brand long term.  So all you fence sitters waiting for that fateful day when the game no longer costs a monthly fee can move along.  It will never happen. 

2.   ZeniMax/Bethesda will get their act together and deliver on providing a smooth, glich-free, stable server with relatively few bugs left by the end of April BEFORE they try to add more content and completely bork the server!!!

I am SUPREEEMELY confident that this will happen.  Well, maybe not supremely.  I am sublimely confident this will happen.  Perhaps I am just subliminally confident about this.  Ok, maybe it is just hope, but I am predicting it!

3.  Player and guild housing will be added by the end of the year!

Why wouldn't they do it, right?

I will limit myself to only those three predictions at the moment.  Channeling my inner Nostradamus is a bit taxing. 

lol wow. Where did you get those sub numbers from???

more wishful thinking im guessing, that Zenimax hasn't disclosed any numbers themselves kind of indicates the overall figures aren't all that encouraging, as now is the time they should be advertising their successes, if they had them. image

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Channce

Since the servers are down I will start off with some BOLD predictions about the game's future.  In a former life I was Nostradamus, so use caution when you try convince everyone that I am wrong. 

That's right, I said it.  It is NEEEEVER going free to play.  It currently has a ginormous subscriber base (1-2 million at least) and the game wont lose enough of that subscriber base to warrant the free to play move.  Also, going free to play will devalue the brand long term.  So all you fence sitters waiting for that fateful day when the game no longer costs a monthly fee can move along.  It will never happen. 

2.   ZeniMax/Bethesda will get their act together and deliver on providing a smooth, glich-free, stable server with relatively few bugs left by the end of April BEFORE they try to add more content and completely bork the server!!!

I am SUPREEEMELY confident that this will happen.  Well, maybe not supremely.  I am sublimely confident this will happen.  Perhaps I am just subliminally confident about this.  Ok, maybe it is just hope, but I am predicting it!

I will limit myself to only those three predictions at the moment.  Channeling my inner Nostradamus is a bit taxing. 

No argument from me, this is spot on.

/approve

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

The Repopulaton would like a word.. IF a studio with as little funding as that can get it in why couldn't a studio like zenimax? Unless of course they don't want to.

Until the Repopulation actually does those things, its just speculation and wishful thinking, and does not in any way support your argument to the contrary.image

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Player_Housing_Tutorial that is called google and 2 minutes with it.

Until there's even a working alpha it is just wishful thinking, and no amount of 'bigging up' the hero engine is going to change that, until we see an actual working version. and there isn't one.image

Such a negative nancy. The Devs promised housing. Devs like these never lie they will surely deliver and Repopulation will be the best western MMO for a long time come. Just let it happen. Repopulation will be the next coming and I for one can't wait.

I thought that SOE's "New Home For SWG Players" was the next coming.....this is MMORPG forums right?

Myths too now apparently, though SOE is more likely to produce something than the repopulation guys are, though both have yet to produce something significant to back up their 'promises', kind of wonder, is there any link between games developers and politicians image

no wait, scratch that, bankers and politicians are a way lower form of life, games developers just have a problem delivering on them, not outright lying about them image

Shall I really start digging up the many times people have said that about gaming and been proven wrong? You cannot predict anything when it comes to this field ( as someone who's at least played EVE I had expected you to know better than to judge before laying hands upon game but meh just goes to prove no matter how small and darwinistic the community there's always a few ).

• dxsaoshidxsaoshi Member Posts: 18

Shall I really start digging up the many times people have said that about gaming and been proven wrong? You cannot predict anything when it comes to this field ( as someone who's at least played EVE I had expected you to know better than to judge before laying hands upon game but meh just goes to prove no matter how small and darwinistic the community there's always a few ).

It's true eve are as politiciany and gankery as they come. Biggest politicians/bankers in the MMO world.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

It's true eve are as politiciany and gankery as they come. Biggest politicians/bankers in the MMO world.

Actually CCP is the least so of the developers that earn so much money monthly :)).

• Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62

i cant see this game having over 1mil subs, id be surprised if it has 500k by xmas, too many great games coming out , eso will be like swtor  only the fan boys will be playing it, and well alot of edler scrolsl fan boys dont even like this game lol

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Doubtful...since it hasn't even broken into the top 15 of Xfire yet. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by mlacen

free to play in 6 months 

My BOLD prediction : sooner

If it was not being released on console, then maybe, but as console versions are being released in June, that will prolong the monthly sub, and the console versions will generate more revenue too keeping it from F2P longer.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Teala

There are actually 0 subscribers right now at least. If they pull in 750k, they'd be dancing around a sombrero shaking maracas and man boobs while a life sized sweet roll stripped down to its flour.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

There are actually 0 subscribers right now at least. If they pull in 750k, they'd be dancing around a sombrero shaking maracas and man boobs while a life sized sweet roll stripped down to its flour.

You have to set a credit card and sub plan to your account. That counts as a sub despite not being charged. Even though some people have been charged anyway. 

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

We've learned ... well, some have learned the WYSIWYG.

What you see is, what you get / have.

Promises are just that, same with expectations based upon promises.

Im taking the games i play, for what i see on my screen and if im pleased about, i enjoy.

Not bashing the game at all and im happy, people have tons of fun with it^^

Anyways not my turf, what was there, was just not for me.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Zenimax would actually be posting some sale figures not the beta numbers one to boast and if they do not we can deduce what we may from that. Just wait and see I guess. They dropped in sales figures in UK and other charts so we will have to see if the digital sales are huge.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Wrong :) SWTOR is adding housing in in summer.. Housing in ESO is the most natural thing to add...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

MY 3 BOLD PREDICTIONS!!! ESO CAN:

• CURE HAIR LOSS!
    • TERRAFORM MARS!
    • CREATE A VIRTUAL BABE/DUDE FOR YOU TO MARRY AND HAVE VIRTUAL BABIES!!!!!!!
    Seriously, your thread has the same pitch as with fanatics proclaiming X game being the next greatest thing since sliced bread, or an RPing gone wrong. Just wish for the best for Zenimax and ESO, OP, and not proclaim.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95

It's top 5 on raptr. The sample-size on xfire is tiny and most of the people that use it haven't bought a new game in over a decade. It's an extremely old playerbase

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

I doubt they sold 750K copies of the game. So if they can retain 750K people after the first month that would be something.

Theyll be lucky to hold over 200K subs after the first month. Which isnt horrible for a game that has had the issues this one has. But if that number dips to under 100K (which would include  people who initially signed up for multiple month subs) then it wont be good. Because if all they have left are guys on multiple month subs just waiting for those to expire with no intention of resubbing after that then the handwriting is on the wall.

This game has some SERIOUS issues. Server stability had actually not been one of them. But for those that saw the betas and looked at them neutrally they knew it was only a matter of time. because we all saw the deterioration over time. Which looks like it has finally happened. server were a mess all day yesterday, they restated it last night, and today it might even be worse. So if they take it down again today or tonight and it comes back the same there is a major issue.

Thats why its always good to wait until the weekends to spout off about how great a game is because a lot of people do actually have jobs during the week and the true stress doesnt come into play until the weeks ends hit.

Now if suddenly Monday everything works great the fanboys will claim victory, until next Friday when the servers melt down again.

But also beyond server stability is their customer service. Worst ever and that is saying something. People claim they outsourced but does that really matter? So on top of the bugs and billing and not receiving their game two weeks after they were supposed to the people with problems dont get any satisfaction. Other than canned email responses that, unless you read just boot your problem out of the system because they always assume if you dont answer a canned email you problem is resolved.

I said it on the official forums, they have done their best to NOT bring the servers down because that gives the defenders that card to play, because to the naive servers being up (even if theyre running like crap) means the game is OK and the launch is awesome. Because if the servers dont go down people have no excuses. Even though there are literally thousands of people on the official forums who cannot log in even when the servers are up and running.

Server is still running like crap right now, will be interesting to see if they bring it down for a second day in a row or try and ride it out to give the perception that it isnt a major thing.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Viper482

If I had a dollar for every subscriber an MMO lost in the first month or two I would be a rich man. It isn't how you start....it is how you finish that first few months of your existence. 

The pvp seems to be the only thing keeping people interested in this long term, otherwise it might as well be a single player game. I truly think this game would have been better served being released as a single player/co-op game with Cyrodil being a multiplayer pvp area. Not feeling like it is worth a sub at this point, I doubt my opinion is rare. 

I will give it a year.

Spot on. This game should never been released as a sub based game, just compare DLC cost in Skyrim to the monthly sub here and realize you are not ever going to get your money out of it. If they had done a single player game sold some DLC from time to time and gave free access to play multiplayer in Cyrodiil they would have hit a winner out of the ballpark but as it stands, and sits ironically enough, they will be hard pressed to retain even fraction of the box purchases after the first 1-3 months.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

For players who are so enamored with the game, you sure seem to have a lot of time to post nonsense on the forums.

If I am truly enjoying a game, forum posting is the last thing on my mind.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What do you mean? the game is about to move into Beta, it's doing those things, it might not do much more but it does that much.:P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    You could apply the same arguements to trolling ^^ I enjoy games but I also enjoy gaming forums. Put it this way you could more understand someone posting on a forum to talk about the game they enjoy than someone who posts on a forum to berate a game thru font play. Who has the most positive outlook?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Krimzin

For players who are so enamored with the game, you sure seem to have a lot of time to post nonsense on the forums.

If I am truly enjoying a game, forum posting is the last thing on my mind.

Yes because when I like a game I can never find time to do anything else with my time....must play, must play, must play..!!!!!!!!!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Originally posted by loopback1199
    Originally posted by Channce Originally posted by RebelScum99 Originally posted by prowess HeroEngine doesn't come with the ability to do housing...  so that one's wrong.
    Yeah, except it does.  You can tell that it does by the fact that SWTOR is introducing player housing in their next expansion.  
    ^^ That
    Technically, SWTOR isn't really using HeroEngine. They got their hands on the unfinished beta version of it and had to custom code most of it from the ground up, so really, that bastard halfbreed is lucky to even run let alone have a housing option running.

But yeah, RePop is using full HeroEngine and will have various forms of housing out of the box, so what more proof do you need that HeroEngine can do housing?

ESO doesn't use the Hero engine.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Hurm. I constant movement the future is. Impossible to see.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

So what ?

I don't even use Xfire it's not a default app so it's not really a good indication of the games sales it was no.4 on one website sales chart last night and that was console games as well.

p>