Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Question

TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

I've been considering picking up SWG for a long time, and now that the space expansion's here and I'm wrapping up some other games, I'm planning to pick up the Complete Experience package later this month.

A question for new players: How do you like the Combat Upgrade? I'm not really concerned with how veteran players feel about it (not to invalidate any of your opinions, but I'd expect anyone who's used to playing a certain way to be biased against change). Is the CU more like EQ2 or CoH? Both are similar, but I find there's more strategic use of powers in CoH, while in EQ2 it's more a matter of hitting whatever icon is charged and ready. I'm hoping for some fast action.

How difficult is it to get a better ship? My friends and I would like to get a multi-passenger ship to tool around in together, but is that a year's worth of grinding to afford one?

Thanks

Comments

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413

No answers for you, but more newbie questions

I just won the package, and will be playing when it arrives, so heres my couple questions.

(1)How hard is it too get a ship too fight in?

(2)Is there any rewards, or reasons too fight in space, besides for fun?

(3)Did the CU pretty much get rid of the bots? (when i did trial, there were like 20 bots in the newbie arena killing everything 1 shot)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Cant answer the question to new players, but as a veteran I like the CU .. but they need to hotfix quite a few bugs for the next weeks or so.

Originally posted by Ducky

No answers for you, but more newbie questions

I just won the package, and will be playing when it arrives, so heres my couple questions.

(1)How hard is it too get a ship too fight in?

--> You start with a free starter ship. Flying better ships is easy ... 1-2 days of flying and you are a Tier 3 pilot. Tier 4 and master pilot will take longer. Space is the big money maker. Even in a starter ship you can earn 100k of cash per hour  ... just sell low level space loot to an NPC trader.

(2)Is there any rewards, or reasons too fight in space, besides for fun?

--> Special, very good ship components. Non craftable cool looking flight suits and helmets. Special, non craftable ships like the Y-8  (largest ship in game). Easiest way to earn faction points in the Galactic Civil War.

(3)Did the CU pretty much get rid of the bots? (when i did trial, there were like 20 bots in the newbie arena killing everything 1 shot)

--> Combat bots are gone. Entertainer bots reduced presence. Loot farmers gone almost completely. A lot less spamming docs. Only merchants are spamming their ads as usual.

--> If you start on Naritus, I have a standing invitation to any new players for free money, basic equipment and ships with no strings attached. Its not unusual that within a guild ships (and most other stuff) are free.

Have fun

Erillion

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    Thanks for the answers, I may take your offer up when i get the box (Dont think it comes out untill the 24th, and i dont know how long it will take MMORPG to send it, not going too rush em though :P)

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    Thanks for the info and the offer Erillion!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Ah yes ... on Naritus you can reach me with an in game mail to either Novarider or Delos.

Have fun

Erillion