Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling to max purely in PvP after level 10...

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Has anyone been trying this with any sort of success? What rate of leveling are you looking at?

For me, the PvE is kinda meh, but the PvP is really enjoyable. If I could spend all my time there, I would. At my current PvE rate of leveling, I'm looking at (thanks to work schedule, etc) being max level in 3 months. That's a looooong time of PvEing to get to the PvP. But if it's possible to level purely through PvP... I'd be all over that. And by possible, I mean won't take an extra 200+ gameplay hours because it's so inefficient in comparison to questing. =D

So, how has it been for you guys? Have you made decent money and exp through PvP?

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

If you do the quests, you get good exp.  But it will be slower than leveling in PvE, not to mention you'll be missing a lot of lore, discoveries, and skill points.  So it's best to level in PvE, while PvP off and on for fun, and hardcore once you hit 50.

One thing you can do, since the PvP missions are daily quests, is to do those daily, but when you're done with them, go back in PvE to level until the PvP mission quests reset.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

Yeah, I would recommend just playing the PvE part up to 50.

Honestly I thought the PvE would be fairly boring. I must say I have been proven quite wrong.

Then again, maybe its just the nostalgia from Morrowind areas.

<3 Ebonheart forever

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I tried for a few days to figure it out.

What I found was doing the dailies got me about 1/3 of a level.  After that the XP gain went to zero.  At that rate you're still months away.

I tried running quests in a little town and doing those got me 5% of a level per quest.  The quests all took between 5-20 minutes to do though so it is very slow going.

I was unable to find anyone who could enlighten me on how to improve the gains apart from PVE and in the end I decided this game most likely is just not for me.  Maybe some day they will fix this situation.  I hope so because I like the way they have done the PvP.  It is just a shame we have to PVE or be stuck as a perpetual level 10.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

This is the only thing I disagree with Zenimax when it comes to PvP... this should have been done as it was in Dark Age of Camelot...

Until you were 50 - persistent Battlegrounds

10-19

20-29

30-39

etc you get the idea...

then you get to 50 and the reward is you get to play with the big boys now...

not this nonsense of letting level 10s and common rabble alike commune with level 50s just because they'll cry if they dont get their insta-gratification or else they'll quit the game like some adhd-suffering goldfish who cant have an attention span longer than 1 second or else they lost them...

But well... I guess its the new generation of gamers... unless we give them all the crap right off the bat they will feel unwanted and they'll cry rivers of tears on the forums and they'll eventually quit for something easier like WOWlstar and we cant have that now can we, so... lets just have level 10s on the frontiers... or... cyrodiil... lol...