Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a beautiful game...

XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

Hello,

I took a bunch of screenshots - available below (open the first one, then browse through them using keyboard arrows or left-click on each of them):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nytjf1ookdk7r5o/HZFhHrzkEP

---

I think interiors are true to the Elders Scrolls series = beautiful...

So are environments...

Holds up pretty good against "Vanilla" Skyrim IMHO:

OK I'm going back to contemplating / explore this beautiful Online world...SEE YOU IN GAME! m/

~Elfy

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Very nice indeed :)
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    Very nice indeed :)

Thank you! I don't even have the best graphics card (GTX 570) and I think they did a great job!

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    and what a gameplay.. not as korean grinding stupids :) i love it
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Vanilla Skyrim and their 256k textures? Even the "high resolution pack" was 512k, which is laughable to what a semi decent PC can do. Minimum texture size from modders is 1k going up to 4k (but for beast machines).

I agree that ESO does look better than Skyrim original, but that's only because Skyrim original was made for consoles eons old (in computer years). The good (or bad news, depending on how you see it) is that even the brand new consoles are weaker that 2+ years old PCs. Unfortunately for the PC enthusiasts, the console limitations hinders development in the US local developers. If you want to see higher graphics fidelity, you need to look at more PC oriented cultures, like the developers from EU or Asia (mainly the later).

That's why I don't understand people saying "Skyrim looked better", or "HeroEngine sucks" we don't know for sure how they did it but IMHO: this engine looks good - a beautiful and well optimized MMORPG. (Again, only my two cents but I can't believe people are actually nitpicking about ESO's engine/graphics. They must either have: a very bad computer/graphics card, or no eyes lol)

~Elfy

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I don't think there is a better looking MMO. From both a technical and aesthetic point of view. The only place this game suffers is in the extended free space compared to single player games.. but that's a staple of MMOs, it's required to fit more people in it without it getting cluttered. Mouth animations are poor as well but ES games have always been like that. I really like it, especially the god ray effects.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I don't think there is a better looking MMO. From both a technical and aesthetic point of view. The only place this game suffers is in the extended free space compared to single player games.. but that's a staple of MMOs, it's required to fit more people in it without it getting cluttered. Mouth animations are poor as well but ES games have always been like that. I really like it, especially the god ray effects.

The Secret World is ...well more technically advanced..Higher Textures , Tessalation etc etc, and It's one hell of a good looking MMO, but It will get alot slower if you have 2-4 years old hardware.

On the other hand ESO is good enough looking, and with a decent PC you run ESO on absolute max with 40-60 frames, you won't need no super PC for this, you only need a good one.

aesthetic ...well that is in the Eye of the beholder, i guess. For me both of these games does one hell of a job in this department.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

ESO looks fantastic indeed. Runs really well too.

Nice screenshots!

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

The graphics are very charming.

The only problem is that it does not support dedicated fullscreen mode and sli yet.

The only bad thing i ve realised due to hero engine are the cranky animations and the crapy performance.

Both swtor and eso have bad animations.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The visuals are superb and much of the world space is well designed. The artists working on the game did a superb job and  ES characters, sans player mods, have never looked better. All the visual assets are top notch. The success on the visual aspects and world design make the fact that it's a mediocre and deeply flawed MMORPG all the more shameful. All those assets, paired with good quest, class, combat design and dynamic content could have been a massive, long term success.

I hope that the work on ESO will lead to a really kick ass next installment in the ES RPG series. Several years will probably have to pass, along with a few solo/(co-op?) RPG titles in the series before they will be able to try their hand again at making a worthy ES MMO title. I'm sure there will be tons of lessons learned from their mistakes on ESO that will improve the chances of a future ES MMORPG that will be worthy of the Elder Scrolls association.

I've been wanting an Elder Scrolls MMO pretty much since Daggerfall, but sadly ESO isn't even close the game many of us have been wishing for, for a long, long time now. It's not a very good MMO and as an RPG it falls far short of Skyrim, or any of the other titles in the series when judged based on the times in which they saw release.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by JeroKane

ESO looks fantastic indeed. Runs really well too.

Nice screenshots!

I have a few stutterings, but overall I run 50+ FPS.

I coulld rarely run Wildstar 20 FPS.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I do still feel Skyrim looks better (not even counting mods), but whatever. ESO looks great. Inicially, i didn't like it all, mostly because of the bland colour pallet, but i've warmed up to it and tunned around. 

Nice screenshots OP.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    TY OP and I agree! One of the better looking games out. I appreciate the more mature environment! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

I do still feel Skyrim looks better (not even counting mods), but whatever. ESO looks great. Inicially, i didn't like it all, mostly because of the bland colour pallet, but i've warmed up to it and tunned around. 

Nice screenshots OP.

Most of what I  have seen, it has been light grass areas so far as a member of the Daggerfall Covenant.

Can't really complain there.

I really love the rainy weather with thunder - makes a very nice atmosphere.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

The game looks stunning for an mmo, it's the best possible interpretation of the ESO world under the circumstances.  I prefer mmo titles like Tera for graphics but the ESO world has always had a certain style that they had to be true to.

You can't have offline levels of graphics in an mmo, and if you do you're going to have serious issues running it when you enter crowded areas.

You judge an mmo to other mmo titles, not to offline ones.  Comparing modern offline titles with upgraded or modded textures to an MMO is really, really silly.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Are we not going to get posters showing pictures of MMO X to show us that really their MMO is the best? The only mainstream MMO I can think of to match these graphics is AoC.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Scot
    Are we not going to get posters showing pictures of MMO X to show us that really their MMO is the best? The only mainstream MMO I can think of to match these graphics is AoC.

You asked for it...

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    My favorite thing is the sound and atmosphere of the Dark Anchors. Reminds me of that War of the Worlds movie. Creepy!
  • F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Nice screenshots, it really is a wonderful looking game.
  • MarmanmanMarmanman Member Posts: 9

The graphics in this game are outstanding and I don't have a 'monster' machine and can run everything at max.  I don't know how they've accomplished this.

I can't wait until it gets dark, I think the cities are so beautiful when it gets dark.  Unlike a lot of games I've played, dark doesn't mean dim and hard to see or just barely tinted a different shade to signify nighttime.  It all looks very natural.

Originally posted by Marmanman
    I can't wait until it gets dark, I think the cities are so beautiful when it gets dark.  Unlike a lot of games I've played, dark doesn't mean dim and hard to see or just barely tinted a different shade to signify nighttime.  It all looks very natural.

THIS! EXACTLY! Night time is my fav moment...amazing what they accomplished with the various lanterns, the light thru windows etc. so immersive! Kudos to them for creating a "believable" virtual world, with strong atmosphere.

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44

Have to agree , some of the areas I have been to are stunning , and if you haven't been to Cyrodil yet , go check it out. Also that new Craglorn footage looks beautiful too :)

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Elfahiar
    Originally posted by Marmanman

THIS! EXACTLY! Night time is my fav moment...amazing what they accomplished with the various lanterns, the light thru windows etc. so immersive! Kudos to them for creating a "believable" virtual world, with strong atmosphere.

This !!! It just looks soooo detailed and such.......speechless now and then.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Follow this guide and ESO becomes 10x better :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zd49b/eso_sweetfx_you/

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Once played with this setup there is no going back......i disabled it and pfew dint know how fast i logged out to enable it again :P !

Its a MUST have addition if you like eyecandy !!!
    Dont try this with weak computers or it will explode.

I am running the game on ultra and have Sweetfx Perfection profile enabled and get 45 / 60 fps.
    In pvp i want 60 fps so i turn settings to medium !

If you have a good pc then you wont believe how much it improves ESO.
    10/10 for the man who made that profile :)

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    beautiful, thanks for sharing.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.