Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skill rotation in WoW

cenen7cenen7 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I do not play WoW anymore, but something struck me.

I am working on a simple 2d game and put in stealth and plan to put in skills that work with stealth.

I thought up, instead of making skills that require stealth, and seperate non stealth skills for that archtype,

why not just have skills that work two ways, one with stealth activated and the other without

WHen i played wow, i played a rogue a lot.

What bothered me with most classes, was the fact that the game required mashing lots of skills to be most effective.

with more expansions more skills filled a classes skillbar.

to simplify rotation why did wow not just alter single skills depending on what the class was doing, like stealthing ..

Backstab could just apply ambush , and the damage over time with the stealthed damage over time.

makes sense or ? i still dont know how people were raiding talking focusing on movement (staying out of purple stuff) and rotating 20 skills at once..

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

/cast [stealth] Ambush; Backstab

WoW gave players the option to create macros, or to have the actionbar to change pages, so that same button can launch one skill when you're using stealth and other when you aren't.

• KJ30KJ30 Member Posts: 47

Also note that a very large percentage of players use besides wow macro system , external macro tools , advanced keyboards and mouses. This makes extreme gameplay(moving , chating and rotating 20 skills...etc) possible.

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Not a bad idea. I'm doing the same and have dreaded the addition of stealth. One option is to place all the value of stealth in preparation. I.e. Abilities do no more damage but you can rip off a wicked stun + damage combo up front while maximizing your stun cooldown usage.