Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hell of a RPGMMO

laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

There is no end to the arguments about what is an MMO and what not. Sandbox versus Themepark blah blah blah. The more I play the more I'm falling for this awesome world of Tamriel.

ESO is one hell of an RPG

One that you can play with and against your friends and thousands of other's (doesn't matter if you think it's an MMO or not).

If your a fan of a traditional Lore Fueled RPG, you will more than likely fall for ESO.

P2P? What do DLC's give you these days?

I was going to write a long spiel but fuck it... got to get back in game image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by laserit

...And I'm jealous. I'm stuck at the office. :(

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

There is no end to the arguments about what is an MMO and what not. Sandbox versus Themepark blah blah blah. The more I play the more I'm falling for this awesome world of Tamriel.

One that you can play with and against your friends and thousands of other's (doesn't matter if you think it's an MMO or not).

If your a fan of a traditional Lore Fueled RPG, you will more than likely fall for ESO.

When did they add housing or different outfits? Everyone looks exactly the same and you cant tell players form NPCs.  Also no player based music system like Lotro has either. Not that it is a must but Lotro has it and thus it becomes part of what an RP should have.

There really isnt anything RP about ESO that I saw. Unless you sit around with a bunch of people and make shit up, and you can do that in literally every game out there (except maybe EVE). There isnt a lot of developed in game content that screams RP.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

Difference being that DLC is optional after buying the game, while sub is forced upon me if i want to play.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by rodarin

When did they add housing or different outfits? Everyone looks exactly the same and you cant tell players form NPCs.  Also no player based music system like Lotro has either. Not that it is a must but Lotro has it and thus it becomes part of what an RP should have.

There really isnt anything RP about ESO that I saw. Unless you sit around with a bunch of people and make shit up, and you can do that in literally every game out there (except maybe EVE). There isnt a lot of developed in game content that screams RP.

In Lotro I couldnt RP a Heavy/Light wearing armored character that wields a Great Sword and shoot magic and switch to staff or whatever other weapon I choose anytime time I please.  Who specializes in killing supernatural enemies that can also use a crossbow and at the same time has the choice to become a werewolf or vampire, kind of like a Van Helsing type of character.  On top of that Im not restrained to just a few crafts.  In lotro I could not wonder off and discover an optional ruin or cave that i can go into and just explore and find stuff and kill bosses.  I cant sprint in lotro, my horse couldnt sprint in lotro.  I cant develop my horse in lotro either by feeding it and such to improve its speed, stamina, carrying capacity.  But have fun playing your hotbar game.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Oh my....  forgive me.....

How foolish of me to think that a game could be a good RPG without housing and flute playing. You know come to think of it, after all the 10's or 100's of  RPG's  I've played over 30-40 years, I really cant think of too many that had housing and/or music playing.

You have my deepest and humblest apologies. 

Originally posted by DEAD.line

Difference being that DLC is optional after buying the game, while sub is forced upon me if i want to play.

Point being....  I don't mind paying a sub if I feel I'm getting value for my money

One man trash is another mans treasure and that's OK

• FatalistFatalist Member UncommonPosts: 44

Glad to hear we finally have a quality RPG/MMO. Was so tired of the "I need to get to ________ first" type games. I wont be able to play ESO until June but I look forward to taking my time and immersing myself in this game.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Fatalist

Glad to hear we finally have a quality RPG/MMO. Was so tired of the "I need to get to ________ first" type games. I wont be able to play ESO until June but I look forward to taking my time and immersing myself in this game.

By the way things are going if you hold out until august or july you may get it dirty cheap (or even free).

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

This is one of the most bizarre replies I've ever read!.

You dont seem to understand the RPG genre at all. No actual roleplaying is required.

Give me a good story, good characters and collectable loot and I'm happy.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Cougan

You dont seem to understand the RPG genre at all. No actual roleplaying is required.

Good story, good characters, and collectable loot...

Isn't that called "Adventure Game"?

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Divona
    Originally posted by Cougan

Good story, good characters, and collectable loot...

Isn't that called "Adventure Game"?

Now add:  Character creation, back story options, multiple story arcs, full set of emotes (including lutes btw), broad/open character skill customization. 

I could keep going but I'm lazy and that still gets my point across.  Pretty sure thats an RPG, and Adventure game would the

Tomb Raider 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Arndush

...And I'm jealous. I'm stuck at the office. :(

No need to be jealous... Maintenance time. US just went down and EU is still starting up...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I agree, the game offers some good RP opportunities, all it takes is a bit of imagination.

Oh yeah, btw, people RP in EVE regularly.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    This is the first game I've played in a while where I've felt it easy to RP and really make a unique character. The skills variations alone provide a lot of "personality" to your character, plus the setting and lore are like a huge playground for RPers.
  • StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79

That is something I absolutly love, From a distance, in PvP, you dont know if NPCs, or Players of your faction are across the vally, or heading towards your castle, and I love it.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Hard to find "the old ones" players. Reading some not allot about how OMG AWESOME ESO is. Yeah combat is sluggish I mean how can any kid miss that huge red INCOMING hit. Yeah really challenging there.

I find I play on EU side they seem for the most part very nice. Yeah you still have and everyone so far that RACE to the node or chest that RESPAWN all the time hmmm

Yes its fun I think because its one of the easiest mmos yet. Please quests are all HOLD YOUR HAND. You cant get lost. The only HARD kind of is searching for that X marks the spot chest. Yet everyone is happy to tell yo what site they went to, to find all the answers to all your questions.

My friend was just playing before kick off for maint..  was level 22 vamp fighting 3 no lie 27's. Last night I was killing lvl 11's I was level 5. I was going around the 2nd Island looking for stuff. Was wondering why two lvl 5's killed me. Then found out I was killing not lvl 5's but 11's.

Played in beta so dont say this still does not happen or anything new. We told them over and over last year yet to this day nothing has changed.

This is why some love this game....ITS EASY.....simple... I mean take away that RED HUGE mark in combat, speed it up a tad make it so just 2 just 2 can kill you easy and you have to THINK to kill them..little things like that. But people did speak up and what you play now is what YOU wanted. A kiddy like combat that even WILDSTAR has.

No really WHO wanted to be told when an income hard hit was about to happen? Who? Man can it get any easier? yet I do play and love the game. I just don't move most the time. If I could turn it off I would.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Stimz

That is something I absolutly love, From a distance, in PvP, you dont know if NPCs, or Players of your faction are across the vally, or heading towards your castle, and I love it.

I look at it as very much a positive myself. Where is it written that you have to be able to tell a PC from a NPC from a mile away?  I love having players mistakenly attacking me because they're so immersed in the game play.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Dihoru

By the way things are going if you hold out until august or july you may get it dirty cheap (or even free).

Did you seriously feel the need to throw your half cent worth of input in here...?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Fatalist

Great. How did you figure that out? No MMO that I know of dropped the box fee 2-3 months after release

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.