Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The world of Black Desert Online

ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211
Daum, the Korean publisher of the game posts a map with over 200 new screenshots. This is not entire world of Black Desert but the place for second beta test, which starts on 22 April. It shows impressive, variegated world, with fantasy medieval landmark, and great design: http://black.game.daum.net/black/guide/world/map.daum

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

That looks really good!  I feel like there must be a catch, like it has modern cars or will be launched everywhere else in the world but the US... I dont know something...?

Seriously though, looks amazing

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Originally posted by adderVXI

That looks really good!  I feel like there must be a catch, like it has modern cars or will be launched everywhere else in the world but the US... I dont know something...?

the catch must be that its asian and such perhaps?

nothing wrong with it just that it takes awhile to be translated.

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

Fun fact, during the last Beta in Korea 2013, all the players could move into was Balenos, the blue area on this map. This was all the land they could move on, and according to some players I've heard of, this area was not small. All videos of gameplay you see on youtube, is in Balenos. Remember that the people would manage to get from level 1-30 only using Balenos land, and that the max level of the game is 50.

Now that is some huge areas. For this beta, people will be restricted to Calpheon, however it is like five times larger than Balenos.

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211
    PA confirmed it found publishers in Korea, Japan and Russia. The English client is ready, so the problem with EU and NA is lack of local provider, who wants the franchise of game. In fact I can understand AAA publishers - Black Desert will blow away their MMORPGs.
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

It looks good but I would like to know, is it instanced between each of those points on the map? Is it simply map travel to "hubs" or can you roam the wilderness to those points of interest.

I also wonder what the size is of this world in relation to other game worlds, can't really tell by the map or images since it is relative.

Looks pretty good though at a glance and I like the medieval styling.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by krage

It looks good but I would like to know, is it instanced between each of those points on the map? Is it simply map travel to "hubs" or can you roam the wilderness to those points of interest.

I also wonder what the size is of this world in relation to other game worlds, can't really tell by the map or images since it is relative.

Looks pretty good though at a glance and I like the medieval styling.

Game is seamless even housing you can actually peek into other peoples homes through the windows and see what they are up to.

Also not sure how much things have changed but the world size back in 2012 was said to be as big as Vanilla WoW.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Good to hear :)

Hopefully it sees light of day NA side within the next few years.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Man, I really like those visuals and world consistency, but it's the game itself that needs to convince. Bring on the beta tests for the rest of us.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak.

Also not sure how much things have changed but the world size back in 2012 was said to be as big as Vanilla WoW.

Actually, they changed that in a later inteview and said it was going to be about 2-3 times larger than vanilla wow. Too lazy to find the source of it, believe in it if you want or not.

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Kirexy

Fun fact, during the last Beta in Korea 2013, all the players could move into was Balenos, the blue area on this map. This was all the land they could move on, and according to some players I've heard of, this area was not small. All videos of gameplay you see on youtube, is in Balenos.

That's not true, it was Balenos + Serendia. Serendia was the  area where the siege took place. Balenos is the starting area.

No, the starting area will be the big island.
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Most likely, it will be very grindy F2P game with tab-target combat where all characters look like 20 year old supermodels with semi-asian ancestors. 

Otherwise, it looks very nice.

Originally posted by DeniZg

Most likely, it will be very grindy F2P game with tab-target combat where all characters look like 20 year old supermodels with semi-asian ancestors. 

No, it will not be. It is not tab targeting, but action combat, not grindy, sandbox game, where you can make your character to look as you want, no limits - fat, ugly or supermodel, it is your decision.

Learn a bit about the game before you write a post, and please do it before every post for any game, instead you are just spamming.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by ikcin

No, it will not be. It is not tab targeting, but action combat, not grindy, sandbox game, where you can make your character to look as you want, no limits - fat, ugly or supermodel, it is your decision.

Learn a bit about the game before you write a post, and please do it before every post for any game, instead you are just spamming.

I have seen several gameplay videos of this game and pretty much:

• all the player characters look like 20 year old supermodels (maybe with the exception of some brute/barbarian character which I'm not sure is playable)
    • game is tab-target in disguise. It has targeting reticle, but very intrusive soft lock on target. You can't miss your shots, similar to ESO or at least Neverwinter Online.
    Also, this game will be F2P and please do tell us which KMMO is not grindy.

So, I suggest you tone down your hype level before calling people out. Thanks.

I have seen several gameplay videos of this game and pretty much:

• all the player characters look like 20 year old supermodels (maybe with the exception of some brute/barbarian character which I'm not sure is playable)
    • game is tab-target in disguise. It has targeting reticle, but very intrusive soft lock on target. You can't miss your shots, similar to ESO or at least Neverwinter Online.
    Also, this game will be F2P and please do tell us which KMMO is not grindy.

So, I suggest you tone down your hype level before calling people out. Thanks.

Maybe instead of watching videos you shall play in beta, or... well, read? It is not tab targeting, you can miss, when you hit or shoot. Combat is very different from ESO, it is closer to Vindictus and Red Dead Redemption in fact. Many Korean games are not grindy, like many American MMOs are not stupid. So let not generalize, OK?