Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So many Sorcs!

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Has anyone else noticed an abundance of sorcerers in the game? Everywhere I look are daedric pets or robes + staves. Mind you, the robe/staff thing doesn't necessarily mean sorc, but it sure looks like there are a ton of us out there. >_>

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I think a lot of it is just because we are more noticeable with the pet. If you don't see a pet you really have no idea what class they are. But if you see the pet you say "oh ya that's a sorc".

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Hell, without a pet or active affect I constantly try to talk to NPCs only to find out they are players... that's when I back away slowly and hope the didn't figure out why I was staring at them.
  • DDIIDDII Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    Hell, without a pet or active affect I constantly try to talk to NPCs only to find out they are players... that's when I back away slowly and hope the didn't figure out why I was staring at them.

Can say I have done this a few times also.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,202
    It could be that quite a few classes use Resto staff, which might give the impression there are lots of Sorcerers.  Additionally, one of the early disguises you get is a set of robes, and it looks better than many early raggedy-looking armour types.  I wore that disguise for quite a while.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

I'm a nightblade healer in light armor with resto staff and siphoning, so from the distance I would look like a Sorcerer to you, too.

As someone above said, I dont think there are more sorcerer than anything else. Its just that some combinations may look like a sorcerer at first sight.

Hodor!

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Hehe, it happens to me sometimes as well. But I like it. Just shows how well they did implement NPC/PC in a living world.

Hodor!

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

This was screwing me up to in the limited amount of bata that I played.

So I went into options and turned on health bars above players and enemy's and nothing above npc's.  This helped me sort them out.....This was not very distracting because the health bars were small.

Enemy's were red

Players were blue

NPC's nothing 

Maybe someone has a better idea, but I only played two days.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by delete5230

This was screwing me up to in the limited amount of bata that I played.

So I went into options and turned on health bars above players and enemy's and nothing above npc's.  This helped me sort them out.....This was not very distracting because the health bars were small.

Enemy's were red

Players were blue

NPC's nothing 

Maybe someone has a better idea, but I only played two days.

The worst offenders are the NPCs with clip boards... they look like players checking their map... so I've passed them up a couple times. LOL.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I was thinking the same thing OP only about Templars.

Everyone and their brother seems to have a Templar.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

My guy is "robe + staff" yet is not a sorc. :)

I see about an even split of classes. Seeing 2 sorc pets with 6-8 players around does not mean everyone is a sorc. It just stands out more.

You stay sassy!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Don't judge a book by it's cover in this game.  I'm a Nightblade tank who wears a robe with heavy armor everywhere else, and uses a sword and shield for weapons.

About the only things that are really obvious are the Daedric pets, but pet classes are always popular in MMO's.

You make me like charity

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Hmmm , I like to think of my character as more of a Battlemage than a sorc ! ... I have this rather big sword as well you see :p
  • BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259
    My sorc dual wields and wears armor. Can't always judge a book by it's cover in this game.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171

I think its just one of those things with sorcerers that most of them will use the pet, even though my sorcerer didn't start out using pets at all.  I went heavy armor, but staff...   all range cast abilities..  but despite all of that I found that the pet made it much easier to stay alive when fighting the 3+ groups later on.

I kind of swap between staffs and sword and board with pets with just a few roots and missiles.  I kill much more quickly and stay alive through a lot more now.  That being said,  without my pets out, I look just like any other sword and board heavy armor wearer.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I'm playing what I call a nightblade-necromancer so it might look like I'm a sorcerer but I'm not that at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYI5syEgZi0

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Everyone also looks like a human since you can't really tell the races in passing unless they are Khajit or Argonian

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I've seen a pretty good balance of classes in the head-start so far. Not too many sorc's to speak of really.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183

Turn on health bars.  Then NPC's will have a green health bar over their head while friendly players will be blue.  

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

Sorcerer was my first choice :)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    If you are playing on Dominion side it has a higher % of Sorc. The other sides are more balanced. People gravitated toward Sorc + High Elf due to them typically being ideal mages in the single player games or for their passives here. Whatever the reason... Dominion is Sorc City.