Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A basic run down of changes?

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
Hey everyone, I'm looking to getting back into GW2 casually for a decent PvE experience and was wondering if anyone can give me a basic run of changes since I last played. I quit GW2 right after the introduction of ascended armor/fractals because I felt that ANET spat in the GW1's fans' faces with the introduction of slow gear grind treadmill, but I really really enjoyed the game and herd rumors of it being made right. Any information would be helpful thanks.

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

What you're looking for are the April 15th changes made and listed here - https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

... and maybe http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ric5y/gw2_boomerangs_guide_for_returning_players/

Which should fill most of the rest of the gap in between when you quit and now.

Oh and Lion's Arch blew up. :(

If you have any SPECIFIC questions, or are confused on any points, I'd be happy to help fill in though.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

I played through the fractal so I know what they are and I quit because of the addition to of ascended armor or whatever its called. (Agony protection + better stats = gear grind treadmill). I need to know what was changed after this. I see that all currencies are shared between accounts now (fantasic change btw) and my mad king armor can have new stats applied (going to have to read what build changes were done) but outside of this I don't know of any the changes made. What happneed to WvW? Did they ever fix the power orb thing or they just leave them disabled? What other changes were made to the game? If my entire time away was only met with living world updates and a few tweaks to the game then maybe I won't come back :( 

Oh I also see a group find feature as well so that's good.

Edit: Are there any new level 80 areas? Did they change down level scaling?

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by xpiher

I played through the fractal so I know what they are and I quit because of the addition to of ascended armor or whatever its called. (Agony protection + better stats = gear grind treadmill). I need to know what was changed after this. I see that all currencies are shared between accounts now (fantasic change btw) and my mad king armor can have new stats applied (going to have to read what build changes were done) but outside of this I don't know of any the changes made. What happneed to WvW? Did they ever fix the power orb thing or they just leave them disabled? What other changes were made to the game? If my entire time away was only met with living world updates and a few tweaks to the game then maybe I won't come back :( 

There were additional fractal changes and fractals added during the Fractured patch.  So unless you mean you quit in November, you probably missed some stuff, and that boomerang post is timely and useful. :)

There's no such thing as magic find gear, which is why all old gear with magic find you can pick any stats for them.  Magic find is account bound now.

WvW ditched the orbs and switched to a sort king of the hill mechanic in the borderlands where people hold 3 out of 5 middle areas for long enough.  There's a new map, the Edge of the Mists, which can be gone to while you queue up for other maps (It has overflows, so can have limitless people in it).  Speaking of queue, you now get told your place in the queue when you do, and how many people are queued for a map.

They also added WvW ranks with level up abilities, traps, a couple other things, and on the 15th the WvW level will be account bound rather than character bound.

Some other things have been added like... maybe guild missions?  NOt sure if you were there for them.  A couple jumping puzzles, a totally new TA dungeon path (Which by the way is a good example of how they're starting to revamp the dungeon/combat system), revamped world boss,a  new one.

The new permanent level 80 maps will be coming with Living Story season 2.  Down level scaling still exists.

Originally posted by Meowhead

There were additional fractal changes and fractals added during the Fractured patch.  So unless you mean you quit in November, you probably missed some stuff, and that boomerang post is timely and useful. :)

There's no such thing as magic find gear, which is why all old gear with magic find you can pick any stats for them.  Magic find is account bound now.

WvW ditched the orbs and switched to a sort king of the hill mechanic in the borderlands where people hold 3 out of 5 middle areas for long enough.  There's a new map, the Edge of the Mists, which can be gone to while you queue up for other maps (It has overflows, so can have limitless people in it).  Speaking of queue, you now get told your place in the queue when you do, and how many people are queued for a map.

They also added WvW ranks with level up abilities, traps, a couple other things, and on the 15th the WvW level will be account bound rather than character bound.

Some other things have been added like... maybe guild missions?  NOt sure if you were there for them.  A couple jumping puzzles, a totally new TA dungeon path (Which by the way is a good example of how they're starting to revamp the dungeon/combat system), revamped world boss,a  new one.

The new permanent level 80 maps will be coming with Living Story season 2.  Down level scaling still exists.

Thanks, so not much has changed since they were doing small changes to test the big changes. Seems like all I missed was the living story then! And yeah, I did quit in Nov of 2012. Shame that not much changed to the game in a permanent fashion in a year though but I'm glad people enjoyed the living story. 

What I meant by down level scaling is, did they still cap out the reward levels for "epic" boss fights?

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Thanks, so not much has changed since they were doing small changes to test the big changes. Seems like all I missed was the living story then! And yeah, I did quit in Nov of 2012. Shame that not much changed to the game in a permanent fashion in a year though but I'm glad people enjoyed the living story. 

What I meant by down level scaling is, did they still cap out the reward levels for "epic" boss fights?

I don't understand this, you were posting here about 3 months ago how bots were ruining your gameplay and you had been reporting them, and now you post , well.... first about nothing has changed(lol), then talking about you have not played since nov 2012.

You need to start checking some facts or something.

Originally posted by elitero

I don't understand this, you were posting here about 3 months ago how bots were ruining your gameplay and you had been reporting them, and now you post , well.... first about nothing has changed(lol), then talking about you have not played since nov 2012.

You are confusing me with someone else as the last time I posted here was probably a little less 8 months ago asking what has changed again....

Edit: I actually looked up the last time I posted anything here. This was the last post I made which was made last Nov. So yeah, you have me confused with someone else.

Edit #2: And the post before that was this one...

Edit # 3: And the only post that matters is the one i made here which was made last july.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher