Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 Graphics real time...holy sweet mother of jesus.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

That is not actual gameplay, but it does look nice. I am pretty happy of that resolution as well.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ChopesChopes Member Posts: 297

Yeah, If that was its actual gameplay..... I doubt they would have competition.

http://www.OriginNow.com
    Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File

Good morning Chopes. You are up early.::::39::

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by Kiamde
    That is not actual gameplay, but it does look nice. I am pretty happy of that resolution as well.

? It is of actaul gameplay! And you should check out the 2 min killzone gameplay footage at gamespot...its friggin insane.

Remember ps3 is coming out a year later then x360 and if you look at gears of war for xbox360 it looks almost as good.

Camera angles don't randomly switch in actual gameplay. That is cinema. Perhaps you are thinking Cinema and do not know the term.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Camera angles don't randomly switch in actual gameplay. That is cinema. Perhaps you are thinking Cinema and do not know the term.

Look at the gameplay footage of Killzone 3. Note ''Gameplay footage'' http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Is in game graphics was confirmed its all showin off in game graphics :P Just now its the question, is this the ps2 all over again
  • terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

I believe it to be montages of gameplay with cinema interjected. Near the beginning of the clip, it goes into chase view behind a yellow vehicle. I believe that is exactly how the game will look. It doesn't last long, so keep your eyes peeled.

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413

Kinda sad, but the PS3 has allmost double as fast as the Xbox 360 :(

PS3 has 256 megs of ram that runs at 3.2Ghz... Gimme!! :)

(I am a Xbox fanboi)

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

i think both are a mixture of gameplay with some clips put in and i love that you need to use the whipers to get the mud off of your windshield :P

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Unbelievable.

It's not suprising the PS3 is going to be better than Xbox 360. The reason Playstation 2 was weaker than Xbox is because Xbox was developed later.

I was watching killzone and it's utterly insane how every NPC team-mate moves so realisticly, the physics are off the wall.

I'm just curious to see how they are going to price this beast.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

man..if that was actual gameplay, hell I'd pick one up myself

that guy at the end...wow, talk about pwned.

• Im happy that im not at the same place as that guys in the end, Must damLY HURT FUCKING BIG!

you must Really Cry like a moron for your mom!

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

That Killzone 2 footage just completely blows away anything I've ever seen out of a game before. My one concern is that there is just TOO much action going on; seems like as games become more 'real' looking, there more there is to pay attention to; thus, harder games =)

I've been pretty hardcore into PC gaming the past couple of years, but all this E3 stuff is getting me psyched over consoles again ::::20::

• FitchFitch Member Posts: 92

The lack of a HUD and the cut scenes make me doubt that it's of actual game play.

Attitude is no substitute for Competence. ~Eric Raymond

image image image image

• ZaradisZaradis Member Posts: 241
    it's all cgi i don't know why they have it under gameplay footage (remembers ps2 saying it can reach toy story graphicsimage)

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    yea ok you actually think those lazy ass programmers are going to make such good graphics. You can have the best hardware for the console but it all depends on the game studios or desighners.

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    Not impressing me here.  I mean it kinda looks good.  I guess if you think so.  I expected that.  I just a movie, no gameplay doesn't tell you anything.  Plus even if ps3's graphics were only as good as ps2s, I wouldn't care to a point if it has the right gameplay to make me play it more and more.  Like mmorpgs : P

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by kel11
    Not impressing me here.  I mean it kinda looks good.  I guess if you think so.  I expected that.  I just a movie, no gameplay doesn't tell you anything.  Plus even if ps3's graphics were only as good as ps2s, I wouldn't care to a point if it has the right gameplay to make me play it more and more.  Like mmorpgs : P

ugh you just put killzone up and that looks great. I gotta save up for that lol.  Think about the prices to buy it though.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413

Price.. hmm my guess is 650, allthough i heard 350 somewhere, and i am hoping for 250 :P

Originally posted by Ducky
    Price.. hmm my guess is 650, allthough i heard 350 somewhere, and i am hoping for 250 :P

Well the graphics for the PS3 is slightly over double GeForce 6800 Ultra's, and that would cost 1000 dollars alone... So I wouldn't be suprised if it's higher than that.

Also, Sony is trying to put a large emphasis on the idea that it's a supercomputer. Mainly because, when you hear the word console, 300 dollars or so comes to mind, price wise. But when you hear computer, it would seem reasonable to pay over a grand or 2 for one.

• GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by rathma
    Originally posted by Ducky

Well the graphics for the PS3 is slightly over double GeForce 6800 Ultra's, and that would cost 1000 dollars alone... So I wouldn't be suprised if it's higher than that.

Also, Sony is trying to put a large emphasis on the idea that it's a supercomputer. Mainly because, when you hear the word console, 300 dollars or so comes to mind, price wise. But when you hear computer, it would seem reasonable to pay over a grand or 2 for one.

I would think it would be dumb of them to make it that much..

Me too but I don't know any way how they'd get their materials for the system that cheap. I guess we'll have to see.

Price is set at 345.50.

Originally posted by rathma
    Me too but I don't know any way how they'd get their materials for the system that cheap. I guess we'll have to see.

They build all the chips in one factory. In the end, they only pay for labor and materials. They could probably build one unit for 80-120 dollars.

What I am worried about is the blu-ray drive. It is new technology and blu ray drives go for hundreds of dollars. Not sure how that will work.