Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ESO launch is WAY better than GW2's launch

13»

Comments

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

No significant problems for me and my girlfriend. This game so far has been really fun to play through - bravo to the team for really coming through IMHO.  If you don't like 'abuse' skyrim and kill good NPCs and such - this game feels very similar to me.

I think what happened is that this game was really bad at hyping it self up compared to GW2 - and I like GW2.  But overall on my first day this game was way better then I imagined. It felt more open then the beta..

It might not have any 'amazing' unique features like GW2 had - but they do a really good job with regular RPG type of mechanics compared to say FFXIV. I love that you can go in building - find stuff - and how big the world feels in comparison.. GW2 has great zones too but its all square like. This feels more organic.

There are so many haters out nowadays that just savage any MMO - but this does feel like one of the best ones ever..

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

You seem to forget that Gw2 had larger player base at launch :) 

oh yeah? so you know how many people bought ESO then?

We might be able to use the Cyrodiil Campaigns for reference. As i said in another thread, if they had a huge amount of pre-orders they'd probably already be talking about it for positive PR, but it's unknown.

However, GW2 had 20 servers at launch. RIFT and TOR had alot too, btw. While there aren't normal servers in ESO, the campaigns, from my understanding, are closer to it, with each player (account?), being locked to 1 main campaign. So, with 10 Cyrodiils at launch, they may not have many.

Of course that's abit of a stretch, but the RVR zone is still a persistant area with, not only pop caps, but a faction cap aswell.

20 servers at each region** 

They are still up and highly populated. 

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Jorl
    It has been the best launch that I've ever witnessed in 10 years of playing MMOs. Couple of bugs I've seen but nothing major, I was expecting the server to buckle and massive queues but I'm quite surprised. Hats off to the Devs and techies!

That's all nice and dandy but it hasn't launched yet :)

..Cake..

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    No problems for me either..played all llllll day and only had one quest where I couldn't complete it...Damn suspicious cargo...
This discussion has been closed.