Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total Biscuit - Valve is missleading people

124»

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Vortex5oo
    My way of using Steam.

1. I scroll down new releases on store frontpage.

2. I sort out games like "Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries" because they dont  seem too interesting to me.

3. I find a game called "Startopia" that seems interesting. I can see it was released to Steam platform on November 25 2013.

4. I click the the link and end up at the store page, I look up in the right corner on the store page, "Release Date: 19 Jun 2001". The game was released 2001, I read short description,  I look at the trailer video(if there are one), I look at the screenshots,  I read the longer feature text and the system requirements.  I can choose to click the Metacritic link to the right( the score is 86/100). I scroll down to the bottom of the storepage and read the customer reviews, there are both positive and negative reviews.

5. If Im still unsure I click the forum link and look if there are any complaints or praise there.

6. Either I buy it, dont buy it or but it on wishlist.

This may take me 5-10 minutes, depending on length of videos or interesting forum posts. I think thats the absolute minimal time consumption for investigating a game that I are about to buy. Sometimes I go to youtube and investigate some more, after all its my money I use to buy the game and I dont want to just throw it away.

I check new releases every day and have no problem sorting out the ones I want to buy. It takes me maybe 1-2 minute to go through the new releases list.

Some games may be expensive and I but them on my wishlist and get a notification when they are on sale. I own 286 games and 184 dlc on steam and I think maybe 3-4 of the games is full price. Non of the dlc is full price.

My complaint to Steam is that the new  releases tab resets when you click a link, so if I have scrolled down 4 pages click a storepage link and then goes back the store frontpage list have reset to page 1. I have to scroll down all 4 pages again.

Is there room for improvements, sure, but I dont think "Valve is missleading people about release dates and other things". Not at all.

I'd be doing that same thing right now if Steam was up. Talk about being steamed!

Aaannnd I just picked up Shadowrun Returns for $5.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

I like Origin. The client is written using Qt Framework so its stylish AND fast unlike steam's client that just have to self-update each time i run it and then boot for 20+ seconds. I don't have that issue with Origin, and if I have the option, I use EA's platform, not Steam. 

Not to mention that Steam has become indy game trashcan lately. I don't like Minecraft and the likes and I never will. Simple as that. 

I just wanted to share with others that my experience with steam is far different. In fact, I would say that Sk1ppeR may have either a PC problem, or faulty steam installation somehow. Mine never has to self update, and asks me to do so when there is the occasional one. Mine also takes mere seconds to load. Faster than Origin which is also quick.

I find it odd to see someone supporting a P2W micro-transaction company so much. Just saying.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Vortex5oo
    My way of using Steam.

1. I scroll down new releases on store frontpage.

2. I sort out games like "Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries" because they dont  seem too interesting to me.

3. I find a game called "Startopia" that seems interesting. I can see it was released to Steam platform on November 25 2013.

4. I click the the link and end up at the store page, I look up in the right corner on the store page, "Release Date: 19 Jun 2001". The game was released 2001, I read short description,  I look at the trailer video(if there are one), I look at the screenshots,  I read the longer feature text and the system requirements.  I can choose to click the Metacritic link to the right( the score is 86/100). I scroll down to the bottom of the storepage and read the customer reviews, there are both positive and negative reviews.

5. If Im still unsure I click the forum link and look if there are any complaints or praise there.

6. Either I buy it, dont buy it or but it on wishlist.

This may take me 5-10 minutes, depending on length of videos or interesting forum posts. I think thats the absolute minimal time consumption for investigating a game that I are about to buy. Sometimes I go to youtube and investigate some more, after all its my money I use to buy the game and I dont want to just throw it away.

I check new releases every day and have no problem sorting out the ones I want to buy. It takes me maybe 1-2 minute to go through the new releases list.

Some games may be expensive and I but them on my wishlist and get a notification when they are on sale. I own 286 games and 184 dlc on steam and I think maybe 3-4 of the games is full price. Non of the dlc is full price.

My complaint to Steam is that the new  releases tab resets when you click a link, so if I have scrolled down 4 pages click a storepage link and then goes back the store frontpage list have reset to page 1. I have to scroll down all 4 pages again.

Is there room for improvements, sure, but I dont think "Valve is missleading people about release dates and other things". Not at all.

LMAO +1 .. you stop making sense to these people.....      IF they would take 30seconds to read about the products they are buying they would have there answer , casue each one has the realease date on the Store page .. if you impulse buy you are the exact dumass that Steam is targeting ...