Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 overtakes League of Legends!

13»

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Pigozz
    Originally posted by sportsfan

No way they have 27 million daily players. Far too niche for that number to stick.

I say: 5 million daily at best. Those are marketing figures and not proven at all.

Besides they had a total revenue of 600 million dollars in 2013. WOW alone made 900 million dollars in that year ... with a bare 7.5 million players.

Go figure... The proof is Always in the $$$ signs.

Blabla is one thing (any game these days claims multi million players): but revenue reports are the real deal.

So if they HAD 9 times (monthly) the players of WOW, why would they arrive at only 60% of the revenue with ... each Hero acquired costing 7 dollars a piece....

PR talks are BS. Always has been. The only thing that is the REAL deal is the number of dollars under the bookkeeping line.

And that says that LOL is bringing in 40% of total Blizzard revenue. Quite good, but hardly beating Blizzard games total.

---

Talking about Xfire (with COD 4 (lol) at number one) or 5 streamers on Twitch or the usual PR BS talk is quite nonsense when viewing the revenue really ...

tldr: the revenue talks truth.

Bro, do you even logic? You know wow is subscription based while Lol is completely free to play with 0 P2W options???

And forbes column is totally implausible

Go back to cave troll

LOL has 0 P2W options? ARe you kidding me? LoL is P2W as you can spend money to get REAL in-game advantage. Lets see, without spending money, you have an extremely limited pool of heroes UNLESS you grind for a few thousand hours and you still won't have all the heroes unlocked. Another huge in-game advantage which your money can buy are runes! Of course you can grind for ages to get these things but unless you pay you will be at a disadvantage for most of your playtime.

DOTA is the real deal! 0 P2W options.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Completely forgot about it :D Btw guys, you diss xfire and then you go on to say that twitch and raptr are better? Really? Very few people use xfire, raptr or twitch. Why would you actually use it, when they don't offer you anything worthwhile ;) Steam would be a much more objective programme if it actually included all of the major games - Blizzard games, LoL etc.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by Pigozz
    Originally posted by sportsfan

No way they have 27 million daily players. Far too niche for that number to stick.

I say: 5 million daily at best. Those are marketing figures and not proven at all.

Besides they had a total revenue of 600 million dollars in 2013. WOW alone made 900 million dollars in that year ... with a bare 7.5 million players.

Go figure... The proof is Always in the $$$ signs.

Blabla is one thing (any game these days claims multi million players): but revenue reports are the real deal.

So if they HAD 9 times (monthly) the players of WOW, why would they arrive at only 60% of the revenue with ... each Hero acquired costing 7 dollars a piece....

PR talks are BS. Always has been. The only thing that is the REAL deal is the number of dollars under the bookkeeping line.

And that says that LOL is bringing in 40% of total Blizzard revenue. Quite good, but hardly beating Blizzard games total.

---

Talking about Xfire (with COD 4 (lol) at number one) or 5 streamers on Twitch or the usual PR BS talk is quite nonsense when viewing the revenue really ...

tldr: the revenue talks truth.

Bro, do you even logic? You know wow is subscription based while Lol is completely free to play with 0 P2W options???

And forbes column is totally implausible

Go back to cave troll

LOL has 0 P2W options? ARe you kidding me? LoL is P2W as you can spend money to get REAL in-game advantage. Lets see, without spending money, you have an extremely limited pool of heroes UNLESS you grind for a few thousand hours and you still won't have all the heroes unlocked. Another huge in-game advantage which your money can buy are runes! Of course you can grind for ages to get these things but unless you pay you will be at a disadvantage for most of your playtime.

DOTA is the real deal! 0 P2W options.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Completely forgot about it :D Btw guys, you diss xfire and then you go on to say that twitch and raptr are better? Really? Very few people use xfire, raptr or twitch. Why would you actually use it, when they don't offer you anything worthwhile ;) Steam would be a much more objective programme if it actually included all of the major games - Blizzard games, LoL etc.

Steam is also bloatware ran by a company with the worst customer support I have ever seen. I'm really hoping Trion's platform that supports indie developers much better puts them off their top spot. There is no plausible explanation for the piss poor level of service Steam offers, other than greed.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by Nadia

month later, D3 shiny expansion worn off  but D3 is still doing well

LOL #2

D3   #4

https://www.xfire.com/games

No surprise here. The game is really addicting and fun. I can keep running 15 min Nephalem Rifts.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,130
    I still don't get LoL.  Makes me sad to be a human being.
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    I still don't get LoL.  Makes me sad to be a human being.

Why sad? One should accept that people like different things.

I don't get sports either, but sports is a big thing here in the US.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I see the XFire rating as quite impressive tbh

It's not like it's a game where you even need to speak.. and most people play it solo, so it's obviously doing well.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    I use Raptr and so does most everyone else I know. I didn't realize people even still used xfire.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by MorningStarGG
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Diablo 3 has overtaken League of Legends on Xfire to become the 2nd most played game after Call of Duty. League of Legends has been the most played game on Xfire for years. Lets see if Diablo can overtake CoD.

XFire is as good as dead, I know of no serious gamers that would ever touch that again. Raptr has overtaken it and is better by miles.

Raptr is garbage as well...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Originally posted by Vannor

I see the XFire rating as quite impressive tbh

It's not like it's a game where you even need to speak.. and most people play it solo, so it's obviously doing well.

It is .. while the number is only a sample, the ranking is pretty good information.

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

Haven't used xfire in quite some time. Since UT2004 "died" for the most part I haven't had much reason to use it. 

Hopefully the new Unreal Tournament will give reason to use it again.