Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 overtakes League of Legends!

fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
Diablo 3 has overtaken League of Legends on Xfire to become the 2nd most played game after Call of Duty. League of Legends has been the most played game on Xfire for years. Lets see if Diablo can overtake CoD.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Comments

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Diablo 3 has overtaken League of Legends on Xfire to become the 2nd most played game after Call of Duty. League of Legends has been the most played game on Xfire for years. Lets see if Diablo can overtake CoD.

wow an arrow of interest hit me right in the eye.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    The most surprising thing to me is people still use xfire.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

wow an arrow of interest hit me right in the eye.

Better see the doctor then and not post on the forums.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    What's "xfire"?
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Cromica

I have to agree with this.  I haven't even heard it mentioned in a good while.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

XFire is as good as dead, I know of no serious gamers that would ever touch that again. Raptr has overtaken it and is better by miles.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    What's the big deal? RoS is just 5 days live so it's normal for people to come back to the game, like i did. Things will settle down in a couple of months. 
    Originally posted by Gorwe

The mediocre game overtakes yet another mediocre game on the mediocre site...

Do you Know what I say in situations like this?

"Meh, whatever..."

Well, I don't play League of Legends but the game has more depth than 20 MMOs put together. Not exactly what I call mediocre. Not even going to talk about Dota 2.

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161

not to break your dreams kiddo but Diablo 3 did not beat League of legends in Twitch and never will.

League has been on top 1 since forever and D3 might get on top for 1 day

Originally posted by maple2

not to break your dreams kiddo but Diablo 3 did not beat League of legends in Twitch and never will.

Ok grandpa. Just pointing out that LoL has been number 1 since forever on Xfire and got dethroned. For the record I don't use xfire. Steam is the only thing that adds value to me.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Xfire is a pretty trivial representation, League is the most popular game in the world and has been for some time now.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Ok grandpa. Just pointing out that LoL has been number 1 since forever on Xfire and got dethroned. For the record I don't use xfire. Steam is the only thing that adds value to me.

Bravo... (applauds)

Now the only thing this statement needs is meaning and significance ...

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Bravo... (applauds)

Now the only thing this statement needs is meaning and significance ...

Dude I am on your side but damn... that is so harsh I am surprised you didn't spontaneously turn into a frenchman.

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

"Meh, whatever..."

Well, I don't play League of Legends but the game has more depth than 20 MMOs put together. Not exactly what I call mediocre. Not even going to talk about Dota 2.

Okay, let's get one thing straight here, Dota 2 has more depth than LoL - and I say that having played several thousand games of LoL. LoL was intentionally a dumbed-down version of the traditional DotA game because the developers of LoL didn't like mechanics such as denying kills, destructible environment and leveling stats equal to spells. Is LoL a more popular game than Dota? Yes. Is it deep? Not compared to other games out there, no. Does that mean you can't be a lot better than the other 99% who play? also no.

More depth than 20 MMOs? What MMOs? There's a wild difference between games here... Put LoL together with Dota 2 and you still can't compare the depth of the two combined with MMOs such as Eve online.

Originally posted by WabbaWay

"Meh, whatever..."

Okay, let's get one thing straight here, Dota 2 has more depth than LoL - and I say that having played several thousand games of LoL. LoL was intentionally a dumbed-down version of the traditional DotA game because the developers of LoL didn't like mechanics such as denying kills, destructible environment and leveling stats equal to spells. Is LoL a more popular game than Dota? Yes. Is it deep? Not compared to other games out there, no. Does that mean you can't be a lot better than the other 99% who play? also no.

More depth than 20 MMOs? What MMOs? There's a wild difference between games here... Put LoL together with Dota 2 and you still can't compare the depth of the two combined with MMOs such as Eve online.

I agree. I played LoL when it came out for a few months and quickly got bored. I have played probably 100-200 hours of LoL before I knew it was not for me. 

Dota 2 is actually probably the only game I play at the moment :D I have played probably a thousand hours or so and still not bored.

EVE is not a game. It's a.......cliche joke incoming....an excel spreadsheet.

Originally posted by General-Zod

Ok grandpa. Just pointing out that LoL has been number 1 since forever on Xfire and got dethroned. For the record I don't use xfire. Steam is the only thing that adds value to me.

Bravo... (applauds)

Now the only thing this statement needs is meaning and significance ...

You can't see the significance? Try harder, I don't want to give you any spoilers.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MorningStarGG

XFire is as good as dead, I know of no serious gamers that would ever touch that again. Raptr has overtaken it and is better by miles.

I agree. So if you look at Raptr numbers, D3 has beat out WoW (if you click on "week" on the dashboard) to become the #1 played game.

It also beat LoL, which is at #4 last time (5 min ago) i checked.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    What's the big deal? RoS is just 5 days live so it's normal for people to come back to the game, like i did. Things will settle down in a couple of months. 

Truth.

@OP, Sometimes I feel like I am taking crazy pills around here.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

Not to break your ego... Kiddo... But when did the OP ever mention twitch... Just say'n sweetheart.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

... /facepalm

Xfire is NOT a good source to judge a game and how it is doing... AT ALL. Heck, you can't even really trust numbers a company throws at you in its numbers due to it being often manipulated. A source that not everyone uses is a horrible source for finding a games numbers.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Shodanas

Yes indeed and when things settle down Hello Kitty Online will reclaim its rightful place again at the top spot and the balance will be restored. image

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    I agree. So if you look at Raptr numbers, D3 has beat out WoW (if you click on "week" on the dashboard) to become the #1 played game.

Not sure if anyone still reading, but three weeks later, Diablo III is still #1 on Raptr. 844k hours this week, to WoW's 825k and LoL's 668k. :-)
    Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Not sure if anyone still reading, but three weeks later, Diablo III is still #1 on Raptr. 844k hours this week, to WoW's 825k and LoL's 668k. :-)

Nice .. the game certainly is very addictive to me.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Yeah, it is like using Myspace or Hi5 lol

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Yeah, it is like using Myspace or Hi5 lol

Hence, you should look at the Raptr numbers instead.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    isn't xfire that parasitic thing people ran in the background in the 90s ?