Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst possible timing

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The weekend they release...

and suddenly its spring overhere in Holland, i am off for a bikeride in the dutch mountains this afternoon, and possible to orrow morning...  

Whome ever made the decision to release this week?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    its not a race
  • intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

and suddenly its spring overhere in Holland, i am off for a bikeride in the dutch mountains this afternoon, and possible to orrow morning...  

it´s also a beautiful weekend here in Austria. Tomorrow we gonna have 20°C, with sunshine the whole day. It´s gonna hard when it´s comes to arguing with my girlfriend why i have to stay inside, so we get out today and enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful spring day.

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Effe lekkuh crosse jonguh !!!

Its awesome weather yes ! might throw some steaks on the BBQ today :P !!

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

I agree Zenimax should have called you and consulted with you and released ESO when you come back from the bike ride.

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143

Mountains? In Dutch? Everytime we meet dutch people who learn to ski in Austria, they tell me that there arent any mountains ;)

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Well if it makes you feel any better I work sunday afternoon, might get 3 hours in before I leave. Weekend launch would of been great, but the probably spending the weekend resting / celebrating before the masses swarm and unknown problems occur.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by intiorized

Mountains? In Dutch? Everytime we meet dutch people who learn to ski in Austria, they tell me that there arent any mountains ;)

They probably have mountains like my home county of Dobrogea has: extremely old mountains that are pretty much hills now.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Its not a race...IMO going outdoor is more worth it than going for that early access.

That being said, I got nothing to do this weekend.
  • osraglonasosraglonas Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hebben jullie bergen ? mischien wel een paar verkeersdrempels :)

• LupusVaiLupusVai Member UncommonPosts: 15

Seems like an easy choice. Enjoy the start of good weather. The game will be waiting when its cold or raining, she's not a jealous one.

Have a great weekend.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Me and my friends, we call us the D and D bikers... Meaning Dike and Dune bikers...  The highest sand dune her in the neighbourhood is 68 meters high..   The dikes and the dunes i what we ride on our mountainbikes..  They are our mountains

There is also this great song about the dutch mountains : 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Me and my friends, we call us the D and D bikers... Meaning Dike and Dune bikers...  The highest sand dune her in the neighbourhood is 68 meters high..   The dikes and the dunes i what we ride on our mountainbikes..  They are our mountains

There is also this great song about the dutch mountains : 

I dont normally like to do this, but I will help you out. Tonight I will burn 10000 rubber tires and there is a chance that the black cloud will reach you by morning so you can stay inside.

I guess I am lucky then in your eyes. 

SunMar 30

Light Rain

38°

30°

Light Rain

<p wx-event-details-link"="">
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    80%

WIND:
    N at 14 mph

I would rather have nice weather though.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Are you being friendly or just like attention? 

Or both? :)

..Cake..

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Motorbiking with friends or being cooped up in the house dealing with first day mmo woes....not a really hard decision here....get some duct tape and strap a laptop on those bad boys. You'll have the best of both worlds!

Do I have to think of everything here?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Motorbiking with friends or being cooped up in the house dealing with first day mmo woes....not a really hard decision here....get some duct tape and strap a laptop on those bad boys. You'll have the best of both worlds!

Do I have to think of everything here?

Man where are you from, I never seen a motor bike like that lol.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

tell me about it, my son is in the navy and is home on leave. i wont get to spend anywhere near as much time playing as i hoped until he leaves on april 11th.

RL > ESO

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, there aren't any mountains in Netherlands ! The highest point in the entire country is only about 300 meters above sea level.

However, you can always use your imagination.

That works extremely well if you stop off at one of our "Coffee Shops" first... 

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Just be glad you live in the Netherlands and stop crying. I didn't know they had mountains there. It looked pretty flat from what I saw, though obviously I didn't see the whole country. It's beautiful, though!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I feel sorry for you if you take this thread seriously.. The lord is just having some fun with this post ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    There will be more beautiful weekends. There will only be 1 release.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Amen bro.  Im 12 hours from home for the wife's roller derby bout.  Luckily the hotel has a very good wifi/internet, but the bout is tonight and so is the after party.  No sleep for me!  Cya ya gangster's in Tamriel! (and wish the ladies luck!)  I am jealous of your weather though, its all rain here.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Well, here in Boston, on Sunday, it will be raining.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Lol, there aren't any mountains in Netherlands ! The highest point in the entire country is only about 300 meters above sea level.

However, you can always use your imagination.

That works extremely well if you stop off at one of our "Coffee Shops" first... 

Well, i want to invite you for a bikeride in the hilly southern part of Holland, where i was born, we will ride 100km offroad and climb about 2500 meters in total... And then i want to hear you say : there are no mountains in The Netherlands..

and a sad thing about  the coffeshop, most of them are being forced to close...  Because the people that fought for freedom in the 60s and 70s have become old... And have no use for coffeeshops, but now are in positions where they have true political power..

Oh and for those that want to know, i had a great ride trough dunes and over dikes... Not much wind and almost 20 degrees celsius.   Tomorrow an early rise and another ride and i am set for the release which is in less then 20 hours