Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At this moment which MMO has more players?

pongdunpongdun Member UncommonPosts: 81

Hey guys...

So I'm thinking about coming back to mmos... but I realized that new Diablo Expansion was released but I don't like Diablo... so from the other famous MMORPGs, which one has some big population.. only WOW? I admit I like to play with a lot of people, there's nothing so bad like a mmo that becomes empty :(

Comments

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70

Rift is a good one if you haven't tried it. Plenty of people play it. 

Or you might give ESO a whirl in a few days, the launch is going to be huge!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    GW2 is kicking pretty good still. Though someone is surely going to respond and say otherwise. Also, Elder Scrolls online is coming out next week! Headstart begins on Sunday morning if you pre-purchase through their site. Definitely going to be huge.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I never really get this one. 

If your server is " full" does it matter if the game has 1 server or 5000. I could see if your concern was development related but a single full server is going to feel just as populated as 50.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Even with WoW's population....every where you go...the world is still dead as ever...the only time you'll see people are the major cities and when you queue up for Raids and PuG dungeon runs. Other than that its still pretty dead to me...OFC most players are already at maxed level meaning that the lower level areas or zones are just a wasteland. It's just not the same anymore.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Like you said a crapload of people are playing D3 expansion but you don't want to play it even though they are, my question to you is why stop now? Play what you like.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    King's Road was pretty populated last I played, if you want to try a browser-based Diablo clone
  • WoW. Diablo isn't an MMO.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    there are many this year pick one,ESO releases in one day.
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    To me, it doesn't matter how many players are signed up total per game..  What truly matters is how many players are on PER server, and how does that community act with each other..  I would rather play a game with 10,000 dedicated mature players, then be playing a game that has millions whereas 99% are selfish snot nose spoiled jerks.. 
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Who cares?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• pongdunpongdun Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Yeah but you guys have to agree that when it's more populated it's more fun... there's that energy of everyone in there.. leveling, pvping.. making it alive... that's what I miss most...
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Overall : world of warcraft(no-brainer really)

Per server : eve online(another no-brainer)

Outside of those two is a pretty grey area(despite what some fanboys will tell you coughswtorcough) and you'll probably have to go by region and server etc.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Has more players ? none can tell, do you mean WoW EU ? WoW US WoW Asia ? GW2 EU ? GW2 US ?
    No clue i none cares much about that...

If your looking for a good mmo then you have plenty of choice.

Free to play - Neverwinter / Rift both gave me insane amounts of fun !
    Buy to play - GW2 / The Secret World
    Subscription - FF ARR 14 / WoW / Eve Online / ESO !

Just to name a few "recent released mmo's"

Cant go wrong with any of these, so check them all out ! they all got a healty population also :)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

WoW -> SWTOR -> GW2 - > EVE Online -> the rest

I wonder where to put NWO...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

You could try SWTOR its free and you can buy every access you need on the auction house called GTN. You could spend just $5 and get preferred status that garners you the extra ui bars. Almost every planet there are people to do heroic with and quest with I have not had any difficulty with the two characters I made recently. Wanted me a kitty :)

Chamber of Chains
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Axxar

WoW. Diablo isn't an MMO.

Close enough for me. Apparently close enough for the OP.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Axxar

WoW. Diablo isn't an MMO.

Close enough for me. Apparently close enough for the OP.

Horseshoes and hand grenades.

Edit: Oh yeah, to the OP, heard there's this game called ESO starting.... Soon? ™

Expecting a pretty good crowd there I think.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon