Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online

Hi everyone, i'm new in the MMORPG.com forums so be nice :D

I'm here to talk about Albion Online (http://albiononline.com/)

It looks verry promising and a lot of fun to play with friends! It's a sandbox game where everything is player driven, meaning that the buildings, economy, wars, items ,etc. are ALL created by the players!

You can build you little house first, invite some friends and go for a little villege! And try to compete with the other and you can even create you castel and city!

check it out guys, currently in Closed Alpha test, join the forums and ask anything! They have the best Community M that i've ever interacted.

GL and HF

Comments

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    You forgot to mention the worse feature of the game, which is if you die you lose all your gear and this is not something most people wanna play, if it was so popular and everyone wanted it, it would be in every game, its not something new its been around for long time, but the fact is, people wanna be able to see that they accomplice something in a game they spend alot of time on, and they do not wanna lose it all in 1 dead.
  • Nimhlan1Nimhlan1 Member CommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by wangkom
    You forgot to mention the worse feature of the game, which is if you die you lose all your gear and this is not something most people wanna play, if it was so popular and everyone wanted it, it would be in every game, its not something new its been around for long time, but the fact is, people wanna be able to see that they accomplice something in a game they spend alot of time on, and they do not wanna lose it all in 1 dead.

Speak for yourself. There are plenty of us who enjoy this type of game because it is not a WoW cloned ezmode themepark on rails.

Albion online looks quite fun, I'm currently playing Darkfall UW (The best MMO on the market atm by a long shot).

• SalonixSalonix Member Posts: 7
    intresting will check this game out =)
  • PryncssPryncss Member Posts: 2
    Awesome, Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out
  • BBock727BBock727 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by swrevenger

Hi everyone, i'm new in the MMORPG.com forums so be nice :D

I'm here to talk about Albion Online (http://albiononline.com/)

It looks verry promising and a lot of fun to play with friends! It's a sandbox game where everything is player driven, meaning that the buildings, economy, wars, items ,etc. are ALL created by the players!

You can build you little house first, invite some friends and go for a little villege! And try to compete with the other and you can even create you castel and city!

check it out guys, currently in Closed Alpha test, join the forums and ask anything! They have the best Community M that i've ever interacted.

GL and HF

You forgot to mention its not in open beta at the moment.

• FirstShootFirstShoot Member CommonPosts: 12
    This game have been in beta for 2 years
  • StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    The grind in this game is real - you can make it to like tier 5 - 6 in a full day (which makes it seem extremely fast paced at first) and then it drops to an absolute crawl: and while this exactly isn't so bad the fact that grinding is basically harvesting+crafting thousands and thousands of items makes you want to shoot yourself after awhile.
  • HeroBringHeroBring Member Posts: 15
    It absolutely is worth a try. But when can it be released? I heard the game from 2013!
  • KettzKettz Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I want to be excited for this game. But I did the top down thing for nigh on twenty years... I like to explore huge open vistas and look around. "Oh look at that waterfall." And then proceed to said waterfall.
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

Full loot PvP, best PvP;

IF ONLY it was open beta though, I want to play so bad.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• GueberGueber Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Paying to Alpha/Beta test a game is a joke, will never understand why people get suckered into it. Back in the day, devs paid you to test game, now silly sheep are giving them money to do their work for them.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

get your pink dress out, seems like you enjoy wearing those.

whats so wrong with losing stuff if you have 10 replacement sets...thats how those games work. on the other side they lose durability which gives reasons for crafters and to farm stuff. its a perfect circle....you dont want to lose something...dont wear it its that simple

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Yeah Ultima Online was a huge failure due to what you state here ... ehh now was it? get real please!

There are ALOT mmo players out there, you're thoughts are what the majority wants, but just like any other product, there are people demanding niche products, not mainstream .

• MerlinisknighterMerlinisknighter Member Posts: 2

Hey, I read in the FAQ on their forum that this game has "no pvp" areas and "limited pvp areas".. so it's not really a open pvp game? 

Also is it really an open world? it just seemed like the game is just split into many different areas.. not sure how you handle transition between areas/maps.. probably locked inside the map area if you are in combat? I mean if this is how it works then this is how mmo architecture worked like 20 years ago, only the most inexperienced devs create mmo architecture like this these days and these games are just not good unless you make it a theme park instanced/battleground mmorpg. 

Also can you be killed while you are offline?

And I can't believe how expensive this game is.. $30 just for 1 month subscription???

Oh yeah, Roughly how many players are online in the game currently?

I thought it was with pledging/early access.

Still amuses me... Paying for testing, no thanks :'D. I'd love to play though.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Nimhlan1

Speak for yourself. There are plenty of us who enjoy this type of game because it is not a WoW cloned ezmode themepark on rails.

Albion online looks quite fun, I'm currently playing Darkfall UW (The best MMO on the market atm by a long shot).

There are also people who take no pleasure in taking something from someone that isn't theirs.  Its not Elder Scrolls where your stealing from NPC's.  These are real people that worked hard to earn something and spent time doing it, and there are people that find no pleasure in taking things from others.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Too bad it's another scam founders pack game lmao.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AyuroxAyurox Member UncommonPosts: 64

I seriously wont mind the FFA PvP system and the loot, what I DO MIND

is that you pay 100$ if not more for some Founder Items and you can loose that also,

With that I DO NOT AGREE, thus for the game is definitly scratched for me !!!

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

I love the release of PvP games like these.  They have failure written all over them and their release results only serve to drive the point that this type of game design is a bust.  The only reason they are released in the first place is because you have indie game developers with the same skewed mindset of these hard core PvPers.  They think they are significant but sane minded people know better.  Its a sickness with these people.  Enjoy your niche player base of 6 people.

Originally posted by LacedOpium

I love the release of PvP games like these.  They have failure written all over them and their release results only serve to drive the point that this type of game design is a bust.  The only reason they are released in the first place is because you have indie game developers with the same skewed mindset of these hard core PvPers.  They think they are significant but sane minded people know better.  Its a sickness with these people.  Enjoy your niche player base of 6 people.

This guy got PKed hard

butthurt ever since

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Yea, because we need another WOW clone right?

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,764
    Originally posted by Nimhlan1

See how it works?

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    I didnt know this was going to be so hardcore....I thought it was the replacement for DAoC? I really have no interest if its permadeath.
  • astriaonlineastriaonline Member UncommonPosts: 4
    TheocritusTheocritus aye
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    wangkom said:
    wangkom i like fish sticks. dont mind me