Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO or Archeage.. What a Dilemma

KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

I've preodered ESO but seriously considering cancelling. I liked playing ESO in the beta but wasn't sold on the combat system. Didn't get a chance to PvP to much so not sure on balance.

ArcheAge on the other hand is best MMO ive played in 10 years. It is so well done that I have a hard time finding something I don't like about it. The skill system with 120 possible classes makes it fantastic. The Crafting system is one of the best ever.
The fact that you can own Homes, Farms, Crop Fields, Boats, Submarines... not to mention mounts and Gliders. Extremely well done.
Was also built on the CryEngine3 so it looks fantastic.

So now you see the dilemma. Not sure which way to go..

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
Battle Station 

Comments

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Not really a Dilemma at all, play both ESO FIRST.

It will go like this,

ESO, enjoy for three months, quit then play AA for years thereafter. Get your short term fix followed by long term addiction.

Problem solved......

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Where's the dilemma? ESO will be out in just a few days and who knows when Archeage will ever see the light of day?

I'm going to play them both. ESO for now and then maybe Archeage when it eventually releases in the US.

• No dilemma here. I had already preordered ESO when learned that Arche Age will be Free to play. I'm excited for Arch Age but they don't have a release date yet. Sometime this year....
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Krimzin

I've preodered ESO but seriously considering cancelling. I liked playing ESO in the beta but wasn't sold on the combat system. Didn't get a chance to PvP to much so not sure on balance.

ArcheAge on the other hand is best MMO ive played in 10 years. It is so well done that I have a hard time finding something I don't like about it. The skill system with 120 possible classes makes it fantastic. The Crafting system is one of the best ever.
    The fact that you can own Homes, Farms, Crop Fields, Boats, Submarines... not to mention mounts and Gliders. Extremely well done.

Why are you even wondering about this ?

You say: "ArcheAge on the other hand is best MMO ive played in 10 years", and then you agonize about whether you should buy a game (ESO) instead, a game that you don't even seem to like ? wtf ?

Play AA on the russian servers until Trion gets their act together. Admittedly the ETA on that seems many months away.

If you really can't resist the peer pressure, buy the standard edition of ESO. You're bound to get more hours out of it than any single-player game, so it won't be a total waste.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

I'm a bit torn here obviously it's hard to play even with the English patch but to me AA quests are a bit on the rails,but ESO's are really varied,now the combat in ESO I really like and after last Beta feels really solid AA's combat reminded me of tab targeting and Vanguards combo's system good but just something missing for me.

Also loved the progression on both Mo's Especially how you can create different paths for skills,and still playing about with the builds in AA which is a lots of fun and really varied.

Archeage really shines in the graphics dept,but ESO is pretty fine too and both will get better AA pips ESO for general activity play the game is stuffed full of stuff to do plus all the naval stuff makes it shine.

If Trion can get the feel of the Russian version and not kill it as they have done with the Korean 1.0 version they have a massive hit that will smash into ESO numbers so Zenimax need to hit the ground running and announce additional content and features pretty quick.

p>
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I've preodered ESO but seriously considering cancelling. I liked playing ESO in the beta but wasn't sold on the combat system. 

ArcheAge on the other hand is best MMO ive played in 10 years. 

Eh?  That's your opinions on the games and you still can't make up your own mind without asking us first?  /boggle

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

If Archeage is the greatest mmo you've played in 10 years i think the decision is clear.

You'll find me in ESO :)

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

The problem is we are currently playing the Russian Version with an English Patch. Not sure when Trion will have it released here yet.

Best Duo Ever

Battle Station 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

The problem is we are currently playing the Russian Version with an English Patch. Not sure when Trion will have it released here yet.

Everyone is saying the end of summer is a good guess. 

And I honestly think that Fall might be the latest.

This is just random guesses, but Trion said they have '3 major hurdles to overcome and then it'll be ready' so it doesn't sound like they are clueless, they know exactly what they need to do and it's probably closer to launch than any of us realize.

Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Krimzin The problem is we are currently playing the Russian Version with an English Patch. Not sure when Trion will have it released here yet.  

This is just random guesses, but Trion said they have '3 major hurdles to overcome and then it'll be ready' so it doesn't sound like they are clueless, they know exactly what they need to do and it's probably closer to launch than any of us realize.

I think your right. Since they just started Friends and Family Alpha.
    My biggest fear is that they will westernize it to much. Its a blast to play on the russian servers, I just hope they dont screw it up when it gets here.

Best Duo Ever

Battle Station 
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

ESO doesn't even come close to AA in terms of features and content. So this should be an easy decision really.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Krimzin The problem is we are currently playing the Russian Version with an English Patch. Not sure when Trion will have it released here yet.  

I think your right. Since they just started Friends and Family Alpha.
    My biggest fear is that they will westernize it to much. Its a blast to play on the russian servers, I just hope they dont screw it up when it gets here.

Westernize it? 

how so like putting cowboy hats and ranching into the game?

I think you can kinda ranch already to some extent with like Cows and stuff.

• TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149

I prob wouldn't waste my money on ESO.. Been in it since closed beta and it has proven be another cookie cutter MMO. You will play through it and be done with it in a month or two. It is tempted to fall into the cycle of buying the current hyped MMO but you must avoid the cycle of buying these games and maxing them out in 30 days lol.. It only promotes devs to making more games like it..

AA.. Honesty it sounds really cool but I haven't been able to play it or get a good review that is in English of the game. I am looking forward but who knows if it really provides what promised.

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164

If Archeage were to go out in one week, it would obviously be the better choice. Unfortunately, there's no confirmed release date.

Personnaly, I'd cancel the pre-order and wait one or two months to see how it evolves. You won't miss anything and maybe you'll dodge the bullet if ESO goes wrong.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Will TESO or ArcheAge be for the PS3 / PS4?  If so I'll think about it but since FFXIV is playable on my old PS3 with no lag or d/c I know where I'm staying.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think your title should be

"ESO until Archeage.. Lookin' like a good year."

All die, so die well.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I understand your delimma since you already seem to be playing Archeage

But for now I'm going for ESO since I'm not playing AA and not going to untill there is a proper EU or US release. Just don't like going thru all sorts of hoops to get RU acces.

But still both are two completely different games to me, where ESO tickle's my ES "fanboism", ArcheAge seems to feed my virtual world needs of a MMORPG.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

- deleted

I just noticed the author of the AA review I linked said it was now out of date.

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

Dont buy anything, wait after its one month after release, then decide.

Its better for yourself and better for whole genre. Just stop buying crap.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Neither. They are both horrible games. But you will end up trying both anyway. Enjoy the tedium of the questing systems anyway. Go collect 12 leather hides and come back here.

Back already? heres your 12 gold reward.

Don't you just feel heroic?` Give yourself a pat on the back. Now go and kill 15 ogres.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by zzax

Dont buy anything, wait after its one month after release, then decide.

Its better for yourself and better for whole genre. Just stop buying crap.

or wait one year for it to go f2p, and you can enjoy without paying a cent.

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167

Haven't played AA yet. Like most, I'm going to wait till it come to NA. I know I'll definately be giving it a go. PvE, PvP, crafting, housing and everything else and MMO should have.

Have played ESO beta. And my opinion is that it is just another cookie cutter MMO. Nothing really interesting there for me. Bored the whole level up just to improve gear and no other goals to work for. I like a bit more reason to play an MMO other than just to be able to tweek my armor so I can stand around lookin all spiffy.

Originally posted by VikingGamer
    I think your title should be"ESO until Archeage.. Lookin' like a good year."

LOL I like that.

Thanks=)

Best Duo Ever

Battle Station 
  • Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

No dilemma really. TESO is cheap cash grab excuse of an MMO. I'll play Gw2 until ArchAge. And if it doesn't live up to its hype I'll go to my default game of a choice. Either way I plan on playing both at all times. Made some good friends in Gw2, hopefully we can hop around as a tight guild. 

TESO is so much in the shit by now that I don't even think I would play it if it was F2P tbh. 

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Arakazi

Neither. They are both horrible games. But you will end up trying both anyway. Enjoy the tedium of the questing systems anyway. Go collect 12 leather hides and come back here.

Back already? heres your 12 gold reward.

Don't you just feel heroic?` Give yourself a pat on the back. Now go and kill 15 ogres.

:DDDDD Best comment I've read in awhile :DDD