Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

you know the truth? than fill us out with the info

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
if you are up to date on the info of the game, let us know how the game will play out. What is endgame like? how fun is the non endgame gameplay? how is housing system on populated servers.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Not much to say.

You level up, get your gear, join end game. Regular stuff.

Originally posted by DMKano

What version are you playing Gdemami?Current Russian version is still beta - it doesn't have endgame even enabled - the entire Northern continent is locked in Russian version - this the open PvP territory where keep sieges take place, and epic world bosses roam.None of that is in Russian version yet - folks are forgetting that little bit.

Does not interfere with any of what I said.

The game is a regular level and gear threadmill - you need levels and gear before you can do anything.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by DMKano

What version are you playing Gdemami?

Current Russian version is still beta - it doesn't have endgame even enabled - the entire Northern continent is locked in Russian version - this the open PvP territory where keep sieges take place, and epic world bosses roam.

None of that is in Russian version yet - folks are forgetting that little bit.

Does not interfere with any of what I said.

The game is a regular level and gear threadmill - you need levels and gear before you can do anything.

Yet another lie, if you have to spread misinformation pls keep these lies to yourself..

2/3 of what the game is about: trading, housing, farming (not mobs, but actual farming) can be done at lf; vl 1 if you have the stuff, and more  realistically at lvl 20. Only thing you need the gear and lvl is competitive PvP, which is another important aspect of AA; but not the only one.

Originally posted by An4thor

2/3 of what the game is about: trading, housing, farming (not mobs, but actual farming) can be done at lf; vl 1 if you have the stuff, and more  realistically at lvl 20. Only thing you need the gear and lvl is competitive PvP, which is another important aspect of AA; but not the only one.

Nice try for spin but no...

• MelrocMelroc Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by An4thor

Nice try for spin but no...

So how many hours have you logged playing the game?

Originally posted by Melroc

Not much, about 60 hours.

The game concept is what I described above, it won't change with hours played. I very much dislike leveling, especially in ArcheAge - dull world, bad graphics, generic quests and overall feel of the game. It is really a kind of shock after excellent quality of SWTOR, ESO and Wildstar, the quality of the game is very subpar and pretty much uncomparable.

I still do my best though and try to play and explore more of the game, there is lots to explore.

Combat system is probably the best of the 3 games mentioned above, the closest is probably Wildstar that is more polished but I still prefer ArcheAge in that matter(I would kill for SWTOR having same combat).

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Melroc

Not much, about 60 hours.

The game concept is what I described above, it won't change with hours played. I very much dislike leveling, especially in ArcheAge - dull world, bad graphics, generic quests and overall feel of the game. It is really a kind of shock after excellent quality of SWTOR, ESO and Wildstar, the quality of the game is very subpar and pretty much uncomparable.

I still do my best though and try to play and explore more of the game, there is lots to explore.

Combat system is probably the best of the 3 games mentioned above, the closest is probably Wildstar that is more polished but I still prefer ArcheAge in that matter(I would kill for SWTOR having same combat).

[mod edit]

It's not being a fanboy it's being realistic. If you had something to say about dungeons and world bosses or even combat i'd understand; but graphic and sanbox elements (pre 1.0) are the two things you can't realistically call bad unless you have a biased opinion about the game. I'm not saying everyone should like them; but saying that the game is bad because of that is just silly. What engine can even get close to AA's? And don't forget that it's all open world too. What sandbox game can even get close to AA's depth?

I can't seriously take your opinion as what i got from your posts is that you didn't even try all elements AA has to offer, and saying that ESO and Wowstar(you say AA grapgics are bad and you like this crap?) are quality games gave me enough material to understand what "quality" means to you. So yeah you have your opinion; but please avoid spreading misinformation about AA.

Going back to OP's question.
    A great deal of what endgame is about you can start experiencing at around lvl 15-20.
    At lvl 11 you get the quest for small scarecrow and trading routes; you'll learn how harvesting/breeding and trading works early on in the game.
    If you are a pve player you'll find a couple of dungeons on your way to 50 too.
    Once you get to 50 you can chose if to craft endgame gear and start doing pvp or keep doing housing/farming/trading/crafting/ fishing or do the world bosses (google AA kraken).
    Whaever you chose to do i suggest to do it with more people. AA brought back the MMO element in the RPG. Your life will be a lot easier with other players and quite harsh as a solo.
  • BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

When ever I read a review that says bad graphics are bad I really wonder has this person even played the game.

AA has the best graphics of any MMO I have ever seen. On top of that the physics are amazing the way the ocean moves, when you cut down a tree it falls rolls catches on things, the players breathing.  In AA I find myself stopping during the game at times just to look at something, I can not remember any game that has made me feel that way.  Some of the mobs are pretty cool but people should play the game and experience it instead of trying to see all of it before they play.

So last night me and a few friends start to leave the shore in our speed boat and a Pirate Galleon comes by with it's 8 cannons if we would have left 30 seconds earlier we would have been toast.  Then five minutes later we get harpooned by another speed boat and we have a short battle at sea, as we are coming into land on the other side a ship tries to ram us.  This all happened in about ten minutes during the slowest time on the server our prime is Russia slow time.  I can't wait to see what it will be like on a NA server during prime.  

You could say all Quests in all games are a bit generic, but it is the little things in AA that make it stand out.  A quest to clean sheep they are dirty and brown you toss water on them and they clean up to white sheep, bring water to the desert you unplug a hole in the ground and it fills with water very fast you end up swimming in a pond.  Want your donkey to move faster you hold a stick with a carrot on it out in front of you it runs faster, two people on a mount, styles that work on a mount including a charge that will knock people down.  Gliders with different abilities bombing people under you, shooting another glider etc.  Farming on land plants, animals, trees, underwater farms to grow stuff on the ocean floor, grow items in the wild hope no one finds them before they mature and you harvest them.  Starting to cross a river when the water gets too deep to walk you start to swim and the river has a nasty current you come on shore 200 yards down stream.

Yes you can call me a fanboy now I guess, but it all started playing Russian Archeage a few weeks ago, I'm looking forward to this game and will most likely not even play ESO now.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Binafus

When ever I read a review that says bad graphics are bad I really wonder has this person even played the game.

AA has the best graphics of any MMO I have ever seen. On top of that the physics are amazing the way the ocean moves, when you cut down a tree it falls rolls catches on things, the players breathing.  In AA I find myself stopping during the game at times just to look at something, I can not remember any game that has made me feel that way.  Some of the mobs are pretty cool but people should play the game and experience it instead of trying to see all of it before they play.

So last night me and a few friends start to leave the shore in our speed boat and a Pirate Galleon comes by with it's 8 cannons if we would have left 30 seconds earlier we would have been toast.  Then five minutes later we get harpooned by another speed boat and we have a short battle at sea, as we are coming into land on the other side a ship tries to ram us.  This all happened in about ten minutes during the slowest time on the server our prime is Russia slow time.  I can't wait to see what it will be like on a NA server during prime.  

You could say all Quests in all games are a bit generic, but it is the little things in AA that make it stand out.  A quest to clean sheep they are dirty and brown you toss water on them and they clean up to white sheep, bring water to the desert you unplug a hole in the ground and it fills with water very fast you end up swimming in a pond.  Want your donkey to move faster you hold a stick with a carrot on it out in front of you it runs faster, two people on a mount, styles that work on a mount including a charge that will knock people down.  Gliders with different abilities bombing people under you, shooting another glider etc.  Farming on land plants, animals, trees, underwater farms to grow stuff on the ocean floor, grow items in the wild hope no one finds them before they mature and you harvest them.  Starting to cross a river when the water gets too deep to walk you start to swim and the river has a nasty current you come on shore 200 yards down stream.

Yes you can call me a fanboy now I guess, but it all started playing Russian Archeage a few weeks ago, I'm looking forward to this game and will most likely not even play ESO now.

Thank you for this post. Anybody who plays real mmos should be able to feel what you just said. I was gonna try the RU server but I am going to wait it out for the NA release. I want the full effect of launch day going into ArcheAge as a newbie not knowing what to expect. Its such a shame that people cant see a good thing when its right in front of them.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by Binafus

This times a thousand. Once you get past 20 the game totally opens up.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--