Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game still a grindfest?

GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76
I left GW2 a few months ago because I'm an altoholic and it was too grindy to get Ascended stuff for my characters. By the time I got the weapon for my main, I was already sick of it. It was boring, tedious and expensive. Is it easier to get Ascanded gear now or is it still grindy as hell? Also, is Warrior still the only wanted profession in dungeons?

Comments

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    It did not change and won't change at all buddy sorry. it is not made for altoholic. Same with the recent mmorpg about to be release also except ESO, i was told you can get to end game real fast. 
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by seafirex
     it is not made for altoholic.

lol wut??

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I think the "altoholic" argument would depend on your position on Ascended gear. If exotics suffice, then GW2 is alt friendly. If you want all alts in all pinks, well, yeah, that's going to require much more than just a serious commitment.

• VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53

GW2 is not grindy, unless you want Ascended armor or a legendary - that makes it grindy but you do not need them to play very competitively.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    You are perfectly viable with exotics.  I don't find the game grindy because I know this and accept it.  I'm actually having fun just running around like I did back when the game was released, collecting, selling, doing achievements.  Ah. 
  • VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    You are perfectly viable with exotics.  I don't find the game grindy because I know this and accept it.  I'm actually having fun just running around like I did back when the game was released, collecting, selling, doing achievements.  Ah. 

A-YUP - I agree totally.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Getting Asecended weapons in guild wars 2 is an option. Basically for those who want to grind in a gme that doesn't have grind.