Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about the Cartel Market

How many of you use it? I was in the galactic market searching for premium quality items, but even though I filtered my search, I still got items that were listed as custom. Beyond that, they have a little icon indicating they are a cartel market item. Some of the cartel icons were yellow, some were white. So, I figured they were items players could purchase from the shop and re sell. OK fine, But lets say I wanted a starter light saber, I can see one on the GM for sale, but I went to look it up in the CM and couldn't find it.

1. Is my assumption about these items correct about them being bought from the CM and resold by players on the GM?

2. What do the different color icons mean?

3. Are items in the CM there for limited time or is there a page or something I'm not seeing with more stuff for sale on it?

4. How often and how much do you use the CM and or buy coins?

(I'm considering buying some....at least for later anyway)

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by troick
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

How many of you use it? I was in the galactic market searching for premium quality items, but even though I filtered my search, I still got items that were listed as custom. Beyond that, they have a little icon indicating they are a cartel market item. Some of the cartel icons were yellow, some were white. So, I figured they were items players could purchase from the shop and re sell. OK fine, But lets say I wanted a starter light saber, I can see one on the GM for sale, but I went to look it up in the CM and couldn't find it.

1. Is my assumption about these items correct about them being bought from the CM and resold by players on the GM?

2. What do the different color icons mean?

3. Are items in the CM there for limited time or is there a page or something I'm not seeing with more stuff for sale on it?

4. How often and how much do you use the CM and or buy coins?

(I'm considering buying some....at least for later anyway)

1) yes when you buy the packs you have a two day cool down before you can post most items on the gtn.  Items like reputation cannot be sold on the gtn.

2)not sure the icon color I would assume the difference between rare or common. 

3) item can be up on the gtn for 48 hours. 

4) I have bought some just caused I wanted a particular mount but now I just use my sub allowance zero.   I have a fairly healthy stack of credits so but most of it off the gtn

I was kinda curious. I was looking for something like leveling gear. Something that will grow with my character. I saw the XP booster packs, But I'm not reallly looking for XP boost, just gear that will level.

Just mostly curious.

Thanks.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

A lot of CM items vanish from it after a while , so some items from the CM listed on the GTN might not be available anymore on the CM. You could buy coins but , if you are subscribed for April and May you will get a bonus of 1500 CC and your two months allowance.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Originally posted by BadOrb

A lot of CM items vanish from it after a while , so some items from the CM listed on the GTN might not be available anymore on the CM. You could buy coins but , if you are subscribed for April and May you will get a bonus of 1500 CC and your two months allowance.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

That explains why I see things in GTN from the shop that aren't in the shop.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Orange items can be modded all the way to top level. The best ones tend to be gotten from Heroics,Flashpoints and Ops.Also check the Vendors on each planet that require planetary commendations. A lot of custom gear can be bought from them.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft