Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why ppl keeping saying " stay away from this game" ?

Comments

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

[quote]Originally posted by VeryDusty
    That is the thing about GW2, if you haven't gone to one of the other races starting areas, it will be a challenge, due to level scaling. That is a positive in my book.

I will say you don't understand the game or the player base. So what if it is casual, you say it like it is a disease or something. People have other things to do in their lives besides gaming, children, pets, family, etc.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer, I love gaming and GW2 gives me everything I need. Is it perfect, no it isn't. I haven't actually found a game that captures me more. ESO, the new darling of this forum, is a flash in the pan compared to GW2 - the reason being it is an ES in name only (it is a console game, single player, that went MMO on the PC port and then went back to console).[/b][/quote]

No, the other starting races areas are a complete joke at max level while downleveled. The game is just balanced poorly. The group mobs are impossible for some classes even while downleveled with max gear. The normal mobs are a joke if you are downleveled with good gear. Basically going back to visit a low level area is never fun in GW2, it is a chore you have to go through to get achievements.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by neohero0001

Hey guys,

I think that GW2 and FF IV are the only two games i never played yet , GW2 looks great coz events features , but the problem is that every friend i´ve keepy saying bad things about GW2,  like the craft system is terrible or the PVE is a joke, i really want to buy the game but in every forum about MMO´s there lot of posts saying S hit about how the game fail in lot of things. 

Is it worth buy?  or should i go straight to FFIV ?   i like solo play and join small guilds without drama and big raids.

Hope that some GW2 vet can bring some "light" about end game and how PVE works.

There are few groups of players hating on Gw2

1) Pure haters that hate every MMO that has come out since the 90s 

2) People who played Gw2 for somewhere between 1 hour and 10 hours at launch and somehow feel experts on Gw2. It still makes me laugh when people say Gw2 has no LFG tool xD 

3) People who don't understand Gw2's mechanics at all because the game is not punishing you for being retard. As stated by ANet, a huge chunk of active players have never used traits.

4) Occasional anti-action combat old guys. Everything with less than 48 skills on screen for them to spam while staying in static position is bad and must cease to exist because they can't adapt. 

5) Trolls. 

Either way, Gw2 is cheap(as in price, not in quality!)  and is 1-time purchase. I stand by my words to say that Gw2 is one of the most polished MMOs out today. FFXIV feels and plays like a MMO from the 90s, nothing really new. 

Don't take my word for it though, check in here yourself http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    FFXIV feels and plays like a MMO from the 90s, nothing really new. 

The 90's deserve better insults.  >:(

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

3) People who don't understand Gw2's mechanics at all because the game is not punishing you for being retard. As stated by ANet, a huge chunk of active players have never used traits.

So basicly anet is stating that their active players are haters?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well i dont like themeparks, they kill me, but i still play GW2 since release ...

its combat its enjoying (maybe cause i have main engineer.. ) its PvE yes its on rails and ends in a month if you are hardcore MMOgamer after that there are only the living world events every 2 weeks which actually last for a day or a couple, then you go at WvW or sPvP only there is depth, or farming to create a Legendary and an Ascended armor ..

but ok i dont like holy trinity and i dont like static combat, if i was a fan of these i would have more issues, but for the moment my issues are the strict themepark which is GW2, but until StarCitizen or BlackDesert i dont see anything else (maybe ArcheAge )

also i love the artwork of GW2 its true and passed into the game, something which is truly rare and most MMOs looks clunky after it ...

FFO i havent played .

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

" i like solo play and join small guilds without drama and big raids."

Those are exact same reasons i joined gw2 since beta and have never left.

I have my own guild(Pleasure Masons (hueheuheubrbrbr)) created for me and my alts(Extra bag space and buffs)

I hated raids when started to become the objective rather than an activity on games. Gw2 dungeons are 5 man, and while they can become a lil bit stressing with inexperienced players, u can always find a good group, plus its cross-server.

The only problem is that once your taste the sweet wine of fast and smooth runs you start getting a lil bit more "exigent", but in case your lucky to get a small guild that run dungeons regularly then you will be all set :)

From leveling to dungeons theres a very cruel and mean learning curve, but theres plenty of guides on the net, as well MENTORS on the official forums willing to teach newbies, but nothing stopping you from creating your own rules and requirements.

Fractals are waaay more challenging and require more team coordination, but again theres plenty of vets around that already know then, as well mentors and videos and such.

Hope it helps, if you have a more specific question feel free to ask, or you can find guides with vids and discussion in the official forums.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

It's like this.When a game is great or good and doing well then the haters hate just a little more, for example I could start a thread about how great world of warcraft is and 80% of my replys would be negative, people telling me how bad the game is and so on, yet 8 million people love it.It's the same with GW2. I have played most mmos that are big like wow, swtor, final fantasy, TSW and the list goes on. I can say this is you try GW2 and like it then you will play this game for along time, it's huge. They have everything good PVE awesome PVP.In Gw2 most events happends in the open world and not in dungeons and thats why there are usually Zerges. But then again when you are in a boss fight that requires 150 ppl to kill it, lets just say it would be tough to do in a 5 man party.People think that GW2 is easy and yeah sure it could be if you want it to be, the game is very solo friendly. You can to smaller events, your story line or fill som hearts (smarter quest hub but basiclly the same thing.Crafting is something that's easy to get to max lvl when you have the materials for it but it's a grindy or expensive to make the really good stuff.In pvp you have the standard battlegrounds like 10 vs10 something or tournaments 5 vs 5 (I think) and it's fun, I haven't played it that much yet. You also have WvW which is a battle between 3 servers or keeps and stuff and thats really fun.I have so much more to say but my break is over at work so I leave you with this.Buy it, doesn't cost much, big playerbase, no sub, you never have to buy anything in cash shop still get everything, If you like you won't be playing any other game in a long time.

When a game isn't great, then people tell you how not great it is. I find this a little more likely than awesomeness breeding haters.
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

I hated raids when started to become the objective rather than an activity on games.

Tell me about it.  Everyone was all "raids are teh best!!!11" and I used to enjoy them but now that they're the focus, well let's just say I cancelled my WoW sub after doing Pandaria raids because there didn't seem to be a point to 95% of the rest of the game's content.  Raids just kill my interest in MMO's, though I have plans to try Warlords when it's released, mainly because it doesn't stink of desperation and might actually bring back the feeling I got in the BC days.

GW2's focus on events rather than structured raids is probably the way MMO's are headed, not that a lot of people want to admit that.

• VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Ender4

[quote]Originally posted by VeryDusty
    That is the thing about GW2, if you haven't gone to one of the other races starting areas, it will be a challenge, due to level scaling. That is a positive in my book.

I will say you don't understand the game or the player base. So what if it is casual, you say it like it is a disease or something. People have other things to do in their lives besides gaming, children, pets, family, etc.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer, I love gaming and GW2 gives me everything I need. Is it perfect, no it isn't. I haven't actually found a game that captures me more. ESO, the new darling of this forum, is a flash in the pan compared to GW2 - the reason being it is an ES in name only (it is a console game, single player, that went MMO on the PC port and then went back to console).[/b][/quote]

No, the other starting races areas are a complete joke at max level while downleveled. The game is just balanced poorly. The group mobs are impossible for some classes even while downleveled with max gear. The normal mobs are a joke if you are downleveled with good gear. Basically going back to visit a low level area is never fun in GW2, it is a chore you have to go through to get achievements.

You don't balance races, you balance professions. Saying there is no balance in the other race starting areas makes no sense at all. That is the point of downleveling, if you want to face roll everything, then this game is not for you. There is NO balance issue, try a different build.

I enjoy the other areas because they are different form one another, unlike ESO which puts on a pretty face but it all the sameness. There is a difference to the feel of each starter area in GW2, ESO it is the same - bleh!

• BlixxisBlixxis Member UncommonPosts: 17

I played this game for a year. Most of the time hoping for better content. There is two different games here. One is the game that was originally made, and two is the one that is new patches suckering players to buy stuff. GW2 is an online store with a game built around it. Any new weapons or gear is pretty much a random chance from spending money in the store  (black lion keys). Every patch is the same offering new stuff to buy, junk loot, zerg fight, a meta achievement, a rush to get it all done, and buy all you can before its gone forever. Though forever is often 4 months later for a limited time in the store.

The combat is really good, and is better then what is needed for the game they built. At release the dungeons they made were abysmal but then they released Fractals. This is was an amazing dungeon. Fractals, Super Adventure Box and there jump puzzels are the only thing thats worth playing in GW2. In fact some of there dungeon content i would say could be among the best that was ever made in a MMO. Unfortunately most of there good game content can be done with in a few days.

For me its disappointing because i think this game had more potential then any MMO in the past 10 years, but the direction the developers have took the game since release is just suicide. A lot of these issues are derived to the fact the game is free to play. Free to play definitely comes at a cost, and that cost is quality game content. Problem is most MMO's that carry a subscription fee in the past ten years have been garbage and just cash grabs trying to piggy back off the success of wow. These MMO developers don't seem to understand. You make a game that worth subscribing to and people will subscribe to it. Simple.

All that being said the game is worth checking more then most MMO's on the market and especially more then Final Fantasy because its is different. It doesn't try to be wow. And Final Fantasy is not Final Fantasy, the main dude the made the series popular left the company over 10 years ago and there games show it. They haven't done anything innovative since he left and just reuse old idea's. Square is just desperately trying to milk nestalgia. 

I agree with some of what the 1 post wonder just said, but I have to ask, who's forcing you to buy things from the cash shop?  The limited time items are just like any other limited time offer, ie: I didn't buy them just because of an advertising term that means "HURRY AND SPEND".  If you have the money, buy stuff.  If you don't, don't buy stuff.  That's the beauty of their store IMO.  I've gotten hundreds of hours out of a game I paid the price of a game for, no subs or bs.  I'll admit that I really wanted those unlimited gathering tools, but did anyone twist my arm to get them?  No.  The in-game tools don't cost much in-game currency anyway.  It's not like anything in the store gives you an advantage over other gatherers.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Definitely go for GW2.

But much better than that, if these people really hate the game, then ask that they give you their account credentials.

Since they are not playing the game any more and since the game is B2P, you can play forever for free on their back.

If they want to keep their account, ask them why.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I own both games you are talking about OP.

Go for GW2 all the way!!! I´ve been playing since Beta and still love it!

I took a 2 months break and just came back for updates but now i´m hooked again!

For me is simply the Best MMO out there.

Worth every single cent spent.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by PAL-18

[mod edit]

I think you might be the one missing it. You said 'active players'. This means people that still play. Not people that left.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by PAL-18

[mod edit]

I think you might be the one missing it. You said 'active players'. This means people that still play. Not people that left.

I agree : As stated by ANet, a huge chunk of active player

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    No one should need group consensus to validate their personal tastes. Try the game and then the tree branches into 1) I like like it so I'll play it 2) I don't like it so I won't. People who spend their time starting 'don't play this game' threads are as suspicious in their motives as religious loonies who rail against the 'evils' of homosexuality. 
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I've been playing on and off from start. I was hardcore wow for years and played gw1 for a couple years too. GW2 is fun to play casually, looks amazing, has really interesting skills combinations - if you lose your themepark obsessions and don't worry about min maxing.

Forgetting all the rhetoric and drivel about game a is better than b, gw2 is a well polished and actively developed game, it has issues, it has great features as with other good mmorg like wow

Going back to skills I currently actively rotate 19 skills with traits that I change hourly - that's more than any other mmorgs out there to date so it is certainly not rubbish.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    GW2 is probably my favorite MMO of all time. It's just not a game you can play for a long time in a hardcore manner and continue to get a lot out of. The world is absolutely freaking gorgeous. If you're the type of person who plays MMO's less than 20 hours a week, you will get a lot out of GW2 IMO. 
  • ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by obake90
    Save your money and buy ESO

If he's buying ESO he's throwing it away anyway.

I say go with GW2. Sure it has its problems, but its miles ahead of most current and future MMOs. Most people blindly hate on games just cause they dislike it and never give valid reasons and go into detail why this feature/mechanic is bad, etc. When someone tells you don't buy a game, and then they go on to only give like 2-3 sentences of reasons, that is someone blindly hating a game for no reason. You have to look through all the blind hate and find the out why people like it and why they dislike it and see if those are are things you like or dislike.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Eso is another 'ok' not better than the pack themepark, it doesn't offer a hell of a lot over wow or rift, tsw. If you want something fresh and different go gw2, archage. If you want themepark got for best in market, wow or perhaps wildstar this year.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

I hated raids when started to become the objective rather than an activity on games.

Tell me about it.  Everyone was all "raids are teh best!!!11" and I used to enjoy them but now that they're the focus, well let's just say I cancelled my WoW sub after doing Pandaria raids because there didn't seem to be a point to 95% of the rest of the game's content.  Raids just kill my interest in MMO's, though I have plans to try Warlords when it's released, mainly because it doesn't stink of desperation and might actually bring back the feeling I got in the BC days.

GW2's focus on events rather than structured raids is probably the way MMO's are headed, not that a lot of people want to admit that.

The EXACT reason I canceled WoW.

I like to raid. But it's not the only thing I want to do.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh

GW2, for me, was sort of like digging out my own eye with a spoon.

The story was bleh. "Exporation" is hand-held like a usual carrot on a stick gimmick instead of being exploration for its own sake ( OH COME HERE FOR EXP POINTS AT THIS VISTA! DING DING DING).  PVE was a muddled zerg at every event, and classes felt so generic because no class had any special "role" (and no, I don't mean in a traditional trinity way) to it - they could all do everything, but without having any real choice or freedom given at the same time. It was very weird.

And boring.

And even the graphics didn't blow me away. You had pretty limited character creation choices, and most of them looked abotu 12 years old or a fashion model. Unless you wanted to play a Charr or Asura, which I had no interest in.

Jumping puzzles got repetitive -reaaaaaal- fast.

They wanted to nickle and dime for basic things like more bank and bag space. Eh, no.

I don't know, I just thought it was shallow garbage. Seriously one of -the- worst experiences I've had in an MMO.

FFXIV was pretty, but also shallow. No exploration, invisible walls everywhere, FATE grinding (boring, boring, boring) and generally all the "good" stuff was at endgame...while the rest of the game was just a tedious grind to get to "endgame". And a game that puts all the meat and taters at "endgame" isn't a game I want to bother much with.

What MMO do you like? 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by neohero0001

Hey guys,

I think that GW2 and FF IV are the only two games i never played yet , GW2 looks great coz events features , but the problem is that every friend i´ve keepy saying bad things about GW2,  like the craft system is terrible or the PVE is a joke, i really want to buy the game but in every forum about MMO´s there lot of posts saying S hit about how the game fail in lot of things. 

Is it worth buy?  or should i go straight to FFIV ?   i like solo play and join small guilds without drama and big raids.

Hope that some GW2 vet can bring some "light" about end game and how PVE works.

I am not a fan of GW2. I quit awhile back as it just wasn't for me. That being said, I would never tell someone to "stay away from it" From the little you described of your play style, it actually seems like it would be a great game for you to try. You can solo and it will place you in groups based on folks in the area, so you don't actually HAVE to group. 

The only reason I don't play is that it's not for me. I would watch asking people if you should try a game. Taste in this area are as different as movies. I've constantly had people tell me to avoid a movie, only to watch it and love it. You never know. Gw2 could be that gem you're looking for. 

• Lucid108Lucid108 Member Posts: 36

Out of the 2 games you ask about, played GW2 at launch and I would have played FFIV at launch (both times) but I didn't and haven't yet.

I think GW2 is worth buying and playing.    For me it failed on 2 things it was split into zones like a single player game is split into levels.  The same as the majority of MMO's I've had fun in, I just prefer 1 world.  The second is my fault in RvR I started in one of the best WvW servers in the EU.  Got bored and demoted myself to one of the worst WvW servers in EU.   Best and worst defined by the number of active players in RvR.   World v world with 2 people aside is about as fun as any pvp, except you have to hunt harder to find them.    Still that was a good night, French or Spanish server I think, no idea what anyone was saying.   I think we took the big keep in the middle map, then again might have failed on the outerdoor.  There was more than 2 of us by then.

Only 1 game has actually made fun a 100v100 player battle where starting 1v1 was enough.  1 of those really bad f2p games where you only had 3 attacks and building stuff for when everybody else got there.  bad as in gone.  shame as in shame its gone.

oh uh don't ask me about end game PvE, never done it.  I like the idea of 40 player raids where 40 players don't know what they are going to meet, ass kicking and being kicked par for the course.  I hate the, you stand here, you stand here, you look at this add, you heal these people, hi primary school,  you do this.  Which in modern games means you have to be a beta tester if you want to avoid it. (?)

(beta carotene, the world is orange, o-rang-o-t-tang, ear slappers and drum bursters, Pratchet and a librarian who says ook, with meaning.  Seems I just gave pratchet a capital, next thing you know he'll be a night or a sire.)

Final fantasy games I have bought and played almost every console game on the main releases plus final fantasy tactics.  First time I ever took time off work on a lie coincided with the release of an FF game (what can I say you want a day shopping ? or nursing a hangover ?  I had fun).   In my experience they build worlds with stories, some better than others.    I felt a bit sad when they had to re-do FFIV because apparently stories had fallen out of the RPG genre.   I read it was more trading, link shells ect ect, on day 0 I run on day 365 min max I don't blame them.  

(clarify I read a joke about binary, I can't decide if I hate or love this typeset.  My handwriting is mine, good luck reading it even if you speak the language :)  ( to be arrogant you don't understand MY numbers, yours are simple its why your programming is wrong, float  != 0 ever.   don't meet infinity either I am told ?   take your big and little Indians and shove them up your non gay arse, see I can be kind and non derogatory.   Pleasant, give me fuck $1 mill dollars I invent miny me., ah fuck u did.   buck,  plus,  pass, like, ok,  gee,  billy,   whiz bang boom.     Its the person who said "I used to read hexadecimal that pisses me off"  in the sense of which way ?  where did you go.  First day on the job, im done with this, what next, your mate says ok, I respect-ish.  Evil rises it rises to the top unless you stop it.  I couldn't take the bitches fucking head, I hope you do.

advisory warning, if you are confused seek medical help/

if you are not confused, seriously seek medical help ?

)

From my perspective FFIV aimed for a small space when it had a global following by name.   I've never worn Nike, I know what they are, clothes for athletes, people who aspire to be athletes and rich kids.  plus addons.    Nik it hi tec it and

Final Fantasy games just are.     Gold is simple chemistry, it never changes. 

only ever owned 1  (advertisers spiel)

Mine i want both and more.

u says pinyata, I tell her no not now, she say please now.

"why do you teach your kids to hit a golden donkey hanging from a tree" ?

I wonder is it " ?  or   ?" 

she goes clara.   oy tu loco.   ( clara I am sure is clear in some language, loco they shouted at me I know)

I think these Spanish and French have a problem, merci, they don't understand English.

but they know how to take keeps.        (le, la, buenas la vida ?   ok)

(Aside :  to the mod who banned me, I accept.   I am off topic again   but look up 2 films before they hit Hollywood.

This person is asking which game to play.  Its like asking how deep do you dig before you place hardcore to lay a path.

inches of sand, like an hourglass ?  or foundations to last centurys, centurians and modern spelling, American or not ? 

vanilla sky (tom cruise & opres los ojos) 

Fin (Spanish film)

I have nothing to do with either other than seeing.  

2001, solaris, remake of solaris with the physics nutjob who appears in lost, series 5 ? 

I ask one thing mod's,  if you delete this, then post your opinion of the 2 games, create a false account, make it clear it is a false account in your name, it has nothing to do with any form of censorship  and post your thoughts.)

it is pugnar, pugis, I think Italians have a word, they grew out of it, pugit ?

tempus fugit, the $ does.

in the gutter a penny, 1penny richer now :)

this belongs closer to her with the voice, cause she got it going on, so American.

ok I thought I got 2xy for you, no algebra

theft of chromothingys, I know you want to steal mine :)

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59

Ok here i go for my reply, SORRY for the long text hope it helps:

I played game since the first closed beta days i insta bought it because well i loved GW1 so much, i played GW2 for 1 year straight i did all the story with all races and classes but here comes the review on my side:

The game should be treated not like a very long lasting mmo but like a buy it play it end it and leave it alone why?

Well in my case i loved it so far till they began the "add this event and erase it 12 days later forever" i tried to keep the rhytm of it but was imposible, and im a collector and achievemnt chaser so the simple idea of not being able to get those collections or achievemnts at my own rhytm because they are lost forever bugged me, enough to feel disapointed and stoped playing

WHY? well there goes, the game dont offer anything more after you did all the story more than collecting stuff, there is no high raids, no really super strong challenges once you defeat the last dungeon in its hardest mode (not so hard with a good coordinated zerging group). there is no real end game substance, they say end game is all the game that might sound true but is not really, i mean you can end game in days and then nothing more to do but collecting cosmetic stuff or some pvp, AGAIN must stuff you might want to get is gone forever.

Sure this 12 days events you must do before they gone forever, have some fun sometimes and some challenges on them but you have no time to enyoy them at fullest or try builds on them or other professions because after 12 days they gone forever.

There are not real expansions to the game just "fixes" or more collectibles and fancy armor looks aded to it (something i dont care anymore since i missed many of the events so my collection is incomplete forever, AND YES the game tabs reminds you is incomplete).

The game is good i can say it for sure (i was a fanboy after all) but dont take it like a long lasting mmo experience take it like a game you will enyoy fully till you end it and then casual logings.

Gameplay is fun but not extraordinary because actually like all say is a zerg fest anyway is entertaining nontheless, story lacks the punch its big brother had, story cinematics are mediocre indeed (just 2 npcs talking all times) again inferior in that aspect to GW1.

PVP: well is not balanced at all (a shame compared to gw1 that have one of the best mmo pvp balance of all games), is again a zerg fest talking about instanced pvp and world vs world wise

Does its price is worth it? yes

Does game is fun? yes as far as it lasts

Does is a game for long therm mmo players? NO, all real content is erased forever after 12 days (yes you missed it all and will never taste it)

Its pvp is high skill? maybe but feels very unbalanced in my opinion, and lacks real balance "its a zerg 1 thousand skills shot at you, then you die".

In my opinion is a good game worth its price but must be aproached not as a real mmo but as a game you play to end it and join others if want then you log off, and just log in again if they ever add a big expansion again.

Dont get to much hope on experiencing all the "content" they added on the gmae last year because is gone forever, yes dungeons they added, big bosses and all that living story stuff is gone so new players will not enyoy it, they say they add some of it (mediocre chunks of it) to the mysts but really is not good compensation.

SORRY for the long wall of text but just wanted to give you my aproach and point of view of my experience and disapointment to a game i loved but left because the very big reason they praise "the living story".

I dont hate the game i just got disapointed at it its all, is not the best game dont let fanboys blind you with that BUT is not bad either dont let haters blind you either, as i said is a game like console games, buy it end it and its done because the real "to do" stuff after it is no real hardcore, is all about collecting cosmetics stuff, ( many of them gone forever anyway).

So if you have the dime to spare buy it and taste it but aproach wisely.

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH