Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 50% off - ethical question

coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,838

Hi,

As you probably know, the price of the upcoming D3 expansion has been reduced by 50% recently.

Do you think it is "fair" towards the customers who pre-ordered the game a long time ago and had to pay the full price?

If something, I would expect that the customers who pre-order and pay for a product earlier would be advantaged over those who pay later and not the other way around. The situation would be different if the price dropped after the launch of the game which is natural. However, having those who purchase a product earlier, which is positive for the Company offering the product, spend 100% more money for it than those who made a later, but still pre-release purchase seems like a strange business practice.

What is your opinion.

Do you think that this business practice is in compliance with corporate values of a customer oriented company?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from December

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/19/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-expansion-dated-priced/

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will launch on March 25 at $40 as a digital standard edition.

A digital deluxe edition is also available at $59.99. Pre-purchase of both versions is available now.

amazon still has this price http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Reaper-Souls-Pc/dp/B00FENJVOE

what did D3 get reduced to ?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,148

It still says $40 for me. Can you link it?

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    It's 50% off of Diablo 3, not the Expansion: Reaper of Souls, which is still $40.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,876
    Originally posted by Derros
    It's 50% off of Diablo 3, not the Expansion: Reaper of Souls, which is still $40.

Yea. For the moment , I actually thought - "Lets buy it!"

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,838

Uninformed post apparently. I must have misread the information and thought that the cut was related to the expansion, not the original game.

It was not an intentional offense against Blizz, I am a big fan actually.

Anyway, I think you can ignore the thread then. Makes no sense now.

Appreciate the correction. My apologies.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

No biggie.

In fact, it is not only ethical, it is downright consumer friendly.

Essentially Blizz is saying ... the original D3 is a bit old now .... I will sell you the game (if you haven't played it yet) *AND* the expansion for the original price of $60.

I think it is a steal.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Not gonna lie, I was confused at first too.  I kept clicking on the link in the launcher and it bought me to the product page for Reaper of Souls still at $40 and was like wtf?  I would have totally picked up RoS for $20 but right now I have other things I can play that I can justify not paying for it at this time.