Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best sandbox mmorpg of 2014.

1235»

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by archeageking

this is going to be the biggest best badass sandbox mmorpg in 2014. LOL

Can you beleive those AAA mmorpg here in the USA still use phasing technology  in their whole world? instead of seamless world. its sooo 2008 phasing.

lol hilarious.

Good try, but EVE is still the best sandbox since SWG failed miserably in 2005.

And let's be fair, noone plays Asian grinders unless you love to powergrind and like to kill 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000  same animals to advance.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Muke

And let's be fair, noone plays Asian grinders unless you love to powergrind and like to kill 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000  same animals to advance.

This statement is sooooo 2010, anyone paying even a little attention can call you out on this one.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by steelwind

This statement is sooooo 2010, anyone paying even a little attention can call you out on this one.

No need to, I know I am right.

But np, I wish you all the best with this game, there can't be enough sandboxes in the mmo scene.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79

I felt like after seeing all the hype for the game then actually getting to play I was really disappointed. After everything the only part of it I enjoyed was the mount system. I love having my mount more a companion than a casted spell where they pop outta thin area. being able to have it follow me around and gear it and just right click to mount was really nice and immersive for me.

As for best sandbox, not sure about that. I played to 22 and it was mostly going from hub to hub leveling. Kill X collect X quests. There was an instance but it was a 3 man thing and not anything you could lvl through far as I could tell. You can only plant/build in certain areas- public farms or pay real money to buy a farm to build on(RU version). You also can't build your own farm anywhere, it's in a set area  that you'll know when you see it due to stacked cows and trees. Plants and such also have timers like farmville.

Combat for me was awful and boring. I respecced so many times trying to find something enjoyable. I don't mind tab target combat but this was as stale as EQ2 combat. Having to play an instrument to regain mana was cute at first but got really fucking annoying fast.

Maybe "endgame" is better but based on what my guildies told me people could blow you up in PvP and no one really cared about alliances. Everyone just complained about gankers. 

I think when it comes out over here I'd maybe give it another try but I'm really not too sure. There'd have to be something about the game that makes up for the combat that I don't enjoy. 

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

it will be f2p, so for sure i will taste it a bit, but the reviews from Korea where about a mediocre game, but ok what it offers is more appealing than ESO or Wildstar for me ...

also on the corner is BlackDesert, Albion, Repopulation, StarCitizen, etc

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I said before and Ill say again: this game is not what youre hoping it to be.

Its not sandbox since you dont have right instruments. All you can do is maul packs, make crops and do some PvP which has 0 meaning.

Its not theme park since there is almost 0 PvE content at level cap. And will be even less when they install January patch with new level cap.

This game is only for gankers, griefers and nolife PvP clans. You arent one of them? Dont waste your time 

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Can you beleive those AAA mmorpg here in the USA still use phasing technology  in their whole world? instead of seamless world. its sooo 2008 phasing.

lol hilarious.

Good try, but EVE is still the best sandbox since SWG failed miserably in 2005.

Well, to be honest, i could not get into Eve.

Tried it about 4 months and it was not my turf.

ArcheAge is just another setting and its also a bit steampunky, but its more of a sandbox then what we see if we look around.

All i saw was promises and cool plans, case studies and ideas - ArcheAge delivers what others promise.

The last game of such caliber was Anarchy Online, what laked the PvP ruff open and archaic world.

While i think, Eve is a great competitor when we come to sandbox elements, i dont think the games share the same audience.

That makes ArcheAge the best, what we will get in the Future.

How long that Future will last, depends on the games coming.

Its F2P, you can try it yourself rather sooner then later ^^

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Thorkune

lol hilarious.

I guess I am one of the few that has zero interest in Archeage. But, I won't completely write it off until I try it out at some point.

Nope, you're not the only one. After having played Alpha now I have now zero interest in Archeage and basically just quit. Forcing myself to play at this point

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

ya i took risk and bit for TESO and im loving it now....

they waited far too long ....tried wildstar the gf lag was awful

and now due ot me subbing TESO i wont be spending money on any other games.....

landmark beta was a bust the key situation was a joke.

as usual sony screwed up....

guildwars 2 ive 2 80th characters i have no idea how to fix due to there complete cluster f--k up of changes....i quit

see what YOU DONT DO....and i used to spend money every month on guildwars....

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by mari3k

sandbox = fail

There is a reason why all AAA mmos are theme park.

Indeed there is. Lack of imagination and lazyness on the part of the designers and overly conservative hedging on the part of the publishers.

Sandboxes are harder to design initially but much easier to maintain. As EvE shows. And SWG tanked AFTER the sandbox was transformed into the oh so glorious themepark.

Archeage is all but a sandbox. As soon as there are levels there cannot be a sandbox anymore since content is gated by thempark progression. Same goes for linear questing on rails. The "sandbox" elements make no sense in terms of a sandbox, but they sure do make the themepark more bearable. I like the game for what it is, though.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Rylah
    Originally posted by mari3k

sandbox = fail

There is a reason why all AAA mmos are theme park.

Indeed there is. Lack of imagination and lazyness on the part of the designers and overly conservative hedging on the part of the publishers.

Sandboxes are harder to design initially but much easier to maintain. As EvE shows. And SWG tanked AFTER the sandbox was transformed into the oh so glorious themepark.

Archeage is all but a sandbox. As soon as there are levels there cannot be a sandbox anymore since content is gated by thempark progression. Same goes for linear questing on rails. The "sandbox" elements make no sense in terms of a sandbox, but they sure do make the themepark more bearable. I like the game for what it is, though.

I agree with everything except 'Levels being a barrior' to a sandbox game. Levels can work with a sandbox game just as easy as skill points or any other type of progression.

Other than that- I think you hit he nail on the head.

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

I agree with everything except 'Levels being a barrior' to a sandbox game. Levels can work with a sandbox game just as easy as skill points or any other type of progression.

You can make it work "somehow". But usually levels (or hidden levels incarnated as skill points) make one player unproportionally stronger than the other one. If the leveling process is short it bears the question why it is there at all. If it is long it is /played > all. "Progressiion" in a sandbox should be horizontal - aka giving you more possibilities - and only very slightly vertical - aka making you stronger numerically.

• VelricVelric Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by Thorkune

lol hilarious.

I guess I am one of the few that has zero interest in Archeage. But, I won't completely write it off until I try it out at some point.

How can you have SWG as your avatar and not be salivating over this game?

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

lol hilarious.

Tab target = booooooo and bots

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"