Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody think Warlords of Draenor...

2»

Comments

• misrosskmisrossk Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    To make this game decent again they need to scrap this crap hand holding spec design and allow us to place points in a real tree again. Until that day comes I won't play WoW again.

Yup. 100% agree. This change killed the game for me. I really did try to like it but I couldn't get over how boring it is. Wotlk was the last GREAT xpac. Everything else after it has, so far, been trash to me.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by MorningStarGG
    Originally posted by noncley

...sounds kind of boring?

No new classes.

Now new races.

Same old enemies - mad Orcs.

Rehash of old landscapes.

Yet another level of grinding the same old raid dungeons over and over.

To me, this expansion doesn't seem to have any USP - Unique Selling Proposition. At leat Cata had a giant dragon and Pandaria had kung fu monks - and, even so, I personally found them weaker than the expansions that had gone before.

Am I wrong? What do you think?

New models we don't need no new races, a fun sort of housing, to see Outlands before it was blown to bits, and more. How does it in anyway seem boring? I came back for it and I'm sure this has a huge chance of being the best expansion yet. Tons of people have come back for it.

"I'm sure this has a huge chance of being the best expansion yet."

But why?

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    These are all interesting things, I grant you, but you have to admit that none of them are exactly game-shaking developments that will magnetically draw new players while solidifying the existing base. There's no 'big idea' here like there was with every other expansion:

The Burning Crusade... Blood Elves and Dranei!

Wrath of the Lich King... Death Knight hero class!

Catacysm... Goblins and Worgen!

MoP: Pandaren!

...Warlord of Draenor: reskinned toons, expansion of farm idea into garrisons, crafting from bank?

Seems like in your eyes if there isn't a new race or new class it's not worthy of being an expansion?

Not quite. What I am worried about is there isn't anything as 'exciting and new'' (as it were) as a new race or a new profession. Reskinning, a farm upgrade and some crafting improvement don't seem very exciting to me.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

For me two main selling points.. Garrisons and new character models and animations.

I am also surprised that you think 'new character models and animation' are going to carry this new expansion. From what I have seen, these seem like just a mild new reskinning and offer - am i wrong? - absolutely nothing in terms of new gameplay or experience. 

To me personally, these seem hardly enough for a major new expansion. 

I also find the new Character Models/Animations to be a bit lacking.  It's like Blizzard's saying, "Look, we took a game from 2004 and made it look like a game from 2009!" 

"It's the technology of the 80's... today!"- Toot, Drawn Together

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    These are all interesting things, I grant you, but you have to admit that none of them are exactly game-shaking developments that will magnetically draw new players while solidifying the existing base. There's no 'big idea' here like there was with every other expansion:

The Burning Crusade... Blood Elves and Dranei!

Wrath of the Lich King... Death Knight hero class!

Catacysm... Goblins and Worgen!

MoP: Pandaren!

...Warlord of Draenor: reskinned toons, expansion of farm idea into garrisons, crafting from bank?

But what does a new race add but another skin and another 150 quests in a starter zone maybe, but after that you are on the same content as everyone else, with the same end game. Pandaria was the first time that they created a whole zone around a new race and it was pretty good, but it is time to move on to something else.

Adding new classes just creates chaos within itself and they would then spend the whole of the new expansion trying to balance that class against all of the others, which i really don't think i have the strength for and when you look at the classes we have already, there is little room for maneuver to create another that would not clash with the existing ones.

I can't say that i wouldn't be excited to see one or the other added, but after so many years of play, you also know the inherent problems that they bring if not implemented properly, i mean, Death Knights, are they really a 'Hero' class now?

As a long term player, the changes that they are implementing are exciting for me as it shows yet again that they are listening to what the player base wants in the game, but of course putting the Blizzard twist on it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I won't be buying WoD because pet battles have become 'pay-to-win' in the sense that Murcalot is an 'I win button' and the only way to get him is to attend Blizzcon. This is a huge amount of money.

Whether WoD is any good is a moot point for me.

Before WoD is released, I will be playing Elite: Dangerous with an Oculus Rift headset - there is no way WoW could possibly beat that for shear fun.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I won't be buying WoD because pet battles have become 'pay-to-win' in the sense that Murcalot is an 'I win button' and the only way to get him is to attend Blizzcon. This is a huge amount of money.

Whether WoD is any good is a moot point for me.

Before WoD is released, I will be playing Elite: Dangerous with an Oculus Rift headset - there is no way WoW could possibly beat that for shear fun.

Talk about apple and oranges. image

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If doing the same shit over and over again was boring to everyone wow would have gone off line 9 years ago.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

No new classes.

Now new races.

To me, this expansion doesn't seem to have any USP - Unique Selling Proposition. At leat Cata had a giant dragon and Pandaria had kung fu monks - and, even so, I personally found them weaker than the expansions that had gone before.

does anyone think this post sounds kinda boring?

no new input.

no new anything.

rehash of old flames.

yet another level of trolling the same olf shit over and over.

to me this post doesnt seem to have any urs - uinique reading stuff. at least previous trolls tried to be kinda creative and had kung fu trolls - and, even so, i personally found them weaker than the first troll posts done before

am i wrong? what do you think?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Thane

No new classes.

Now new races.

does anyone think this post sounds kinda boring?

no new input.

no new anything.

rehash of old flames.

yet another level of trolling the same olf shit over and over.

to me this post doesnt seem to have any urs - uinique reading stuff. at least previous trolls tried to be kinda creative and had kung fu trolls - and, even so, i personally found them weaker than the first troll posts done before

am i wrong? what do you think?

1. New race is not even exciting: a new small starting zone up to lvl 10 is 1 hour of game play and then crawl through the 10-90 content again. No tx.

2. New class on top of the 11 ones already in the game. What extra would it bring except balance problems.

3. The new continent is not a rehash. It is a new landscape. 

Blizzard did something else that is exciting for the first time in a long time : regroup players.

Whether you played it 3 or 5 years ago, or are new (who would that be) or never quit, ALL of them will be at the same starting point of the new adventure. lvl 90 for free...

The possibility/option to start at lvl 90 right on the launch is appealing. Fresh new content for everyone without having to wade through 8 year old meaningless content.

I think regrouping your old player base around one central new adventure is refreshing. The connected servers will come in handy to let Azeroth feel fresh in player numbers too.

I think the OP is wrong: players make up the content and everyone is regrouped. 

-----

This expansion is about the new technology that was introduced over the last 2 years and being applied to the Dranei Lands. CRZ, connected realms and connected economies, advanced group phasing in Garrisons,  seamless instances without loading screens blended in the open (pvp) world. 

The things I read is that WoW is finally leaving the narrow technology of single server play and now is capable of blending open worlds and instances without players (on different realms) even noticing it. Due to the fact that instances will be integrated within the open world without loading screens.

This is what MMO's should have been a decade ago already: truely massive in player numbers without the problems of individual server restrictions and seperated instances.

That right there is far more exciting than the usual new race/class options.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by expresso

also sounds like they might even consider disabling flying in the new zones all together +1

This all the way. Even if it's just the new zone I'm tempted to go rumble a bit on a PvP server, if I dont have anything better to play at that time.

I hope ESO and Wildstar or any other fantasy game upcomer will never add flying to it! While it's exciting at first, quickly it turns the whole game-world into small and un-exciting skip fest. There's no obstacles or surprises in air, making it boring as heck.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    It seems fun enough to me.  If anything, the new character models should make it a worthwhile purchase.

You make me like charity

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Definitely not worth the release price. I might pick it up 6-12 months after the price drop and after the hype dies down.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Lfr killed the game for me. Dont want to see another raid for as long as i live.
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308

Look past the housing and new models, it's the same ol shit really, plus the the rehashed zones is a let down.

I don't think they know themselves where this game is going, this time travel xpac is proof of that

On a plus though it's nice to see some new 5 man dungeons :)

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Mpfive

Look past the housing and new models, it's the same ol shit really, plus the the rehashed zones is a let down.

I don't think they know themselves where this game is going, this time travel xpac is proof of that

On a plus though it's nice to see some new 5 man dungeons :)

Difficult to say that the zones are a let down when we haven't really seen much of them yet.

On your other point, what were you really expecting, it is an expansion, not a whole new game, so to all intents and purposes it is the same game with new content, pretty much the definition of an expansion. If you don't like the game for whatever reason now, you are unlikely to like the expansion either, that is no big surprise.

I think the question on direction is not one of them knowing where they are going as they plan very well ahead, it is more of some just don't like the direction they are being taken in, which is natural as you cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

Personally loving what i am hearing so far about it, but the proof is always in the pudding, so we will wait and see when the first set of Beta users get their hands on it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

No new classes.

Now new races.

The personal Garrison's have me sold. So much content in that feature alone.  Suggest you go read up and check it out.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

As an ex wow player this expansion sounds alot like a cash grab to me with very little new to offer but hey I don't play anymore and I know you wow players love your new dungeons and raids so I am not gonna bash the game that is the Rocky Marcianno of mmos.

Good luck all hope you have fun.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Garrisons, and the new pvp zone sold me. It actually is the best sounding x pac in awhile for WoW IMO.
  • BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

As an ex wow player this expansion sounds alot like a cash grab to me with very little new to offer but hey I don't play anymore and I know you wow players love your new dungeons and raids so I am not gonna bash the game that is the Rocky Marcianno of mmos.

Good luck all hope you have fun.

I wonder how many people had to google the reference to get it :)

I think the concept is a little...not quite shark jumpy, more like...setting up the ramp.  That being said, I will most likely still buy and play the game, but I am not as optimistic about the story/lore and where it's heading (or where it's been retconned in most cases).  They've given us outlands, and now draenor, I am hoping that the sights are firmly set on Argus, cause, well, the burning legion is last real "Big Bad" from the og warcraft lore, and anything to get the toons off of azeroth is good in my opinion.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Ok, well, first of all, are you telling me that adding in a new race or a new class would somehow make a major expansion for you? 

Why is it that a completely new storyline isn't enough to justify an expansion? It's just like every other WoW expansion. 

Wait what?  Just like every other expansion?  To be clear, I'm not agreeing with OP, but the fact remains that EVERY WoW expansion has added new races and/or characters except (apparently) WoD.  It's not really his/her fault for kind of expecting it at this point.

BC added BE's and space goats.

Wrath offered DK's

Cata with the worgen and goblins and even new race/class mixes.

Pandaria .. something about monks and pandas.

Warlords of Draenor....... what?  Nothing to see here.  (though technically they do add housing, it's just not a race/class related feature)

Myself, I just want the new character models and to revisit some of the BC-ish lore.  Yeah maybe it won't blow me away, but it's WoW.  It's like a comfortable shirt at this point.  You wear it when everything else is dirty.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

This xpac is a cash grab!! There is nothing else to it.

Yes they are gona slow down the leveling by making world pvp more present in the new maps. They said they want it to be more vanilla wow style. But again they are missing the point on everything we want from vanilla wow.

Also if you have to skip all previous content in the game and boost to 90 to live a bit of the vanilla WoW and i do say only a bit of it then it is not worth it.

Edit: i read a lot on this new xpac and that why i have change my stance on it. And said what i said about it. Also iti strue why no new class and/or race? It is time for them to get a new mmorpg out. They should let this one die or change it F2P.

Imagine they still have there free trial go up to 20 only and very limited. They should let it go up to 60.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Aren't all xpacs that cost money...cash grabs?  I for one am glad that they are slowing down leveling (I hadn't heard that from them yet, could you point me in the right direction to read on that?).  Also, 10 more levels this time instead of 5 (maybe that's the slow down?) makes me happy.  Leveling in Panda land was a joke, hit damn near max if you did all the quests in the first area, maybe with the 10 level spread, the quest flow and xp gain will actually allow you to quest in the different areas of Draenor.  Doubt it, but one can hope.

What exactly do you want from Vanilla wow to be in this xpac 10 years later, and please think carefully about that, and make sure the rose colored glasses are firmly placed back in the case before you answer.  I hear that a lot from people that bark and howl on the forums, and the one line that pops in my head is: "I do not think that means what you think it means."

No new races/classes.  I don't see the issue here.  What new race are they going to include on the world inhabited by two races we can already play?  Did you wanna play a Naaru? an Ethereal? (okay I kinda want that one, but I don't see it happening image).  Let's be honest, the Panda folk, while amusing, were a bit of a let down as a race.  Yes, most folks created one, some love em to high heavens, some are a bit too into em (for reasons), but I'd be willing to bet a lead designers job that the latest anthropomorphic race to join the stable is not what 3.5ish million players would have liked (among other things with Mists to be sure, but my money is on the bear).  Besides, the updated char models are (in what I have seen), pretty close to new races anyway....sorta.

And to the classes, what are they going to add that isn't already covered by the current classes in the game, or that wouldn't make any of the current classes obsolete?  And then there's the 6 months of game time (or longer, looking at the DK), to balance that class with the other classes.  IMHO it's best to leave the classes alone for a bit, let em simmer, then do a taste, and if you need to add salt, do it pinch by pinch.

I too am apprehensive bout the xpac, this may be it for me and my "favorite shirt", but not for any of the reasons stated above.  Mine are mainly about how and why were are getting to where this xpac is taking us.  

Awfully convenient, the aspects loose their mojo (and thus, no time guardian), and then a warrior (with no real spell casting ability that I can recall him displaying), finds a way to rip the dark portal a new one, to toss his beaten rear back in time, to rally the clans, that the alliance beat the first time they came through.  But this time, there'll be no demon juice for his dear ol' pappy to drink (I swear Garrosh has enough daddy issues to pay a team of therapists' house payments for a decade or more), but they will have...Tanks!  The same kind of tanks that both the Alliance and the Horde have now, but more "savage" cause, you know, Orcs.  To face off against, not just the Alliance, but the Horde he tried to purge of all other races as well.  Yeah, that'll end well.

Of course, knowing Blizz there is more to it than that....right?  Maybe? No? 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

For me two main selling points.. Garrisons and new character models and animations.

Garrisons are a mini game in itself and one can spend hours in it alone.

In my opinion this is the first expansion since BC i am actually very excited about and even pre ordered it.

Garrisons could be interesting - but I wouldn't say they are anything really new. They're just an offshoot of Pandaria's farms, aren't they?

I am also surprised that you think 'new character models and animation' are going to carry this new expansion. From what I have seen, these seem like just a mild new reskinning and offer - am i wrong? - absolutely nothing in terms of new gameplay or experience. 

To me personally, these seem hardly enough for a major new expansion. 

Ok, well, first of all, are you telling me that adding in a new race or a new class would somehow make a major expansion for you? 

Why is it that a completely new storyline isn't enough to justify an expansion? It's just like every other WoW expansion. 

As far as character models go, I don't think this is as trivial as you think it is. Remember that we're dealing with a 10 year-old game here, and we're probably dealing with some people with 10 year-old gaming hardware, too. So it should be interesting to see how they can optimize their graphics and make it current without significantly impacting their existing playerbase. 

Also, not sure why you think it's going to be a rehash of old landscapes. It is Outland, but the landscape isn't the same, completely new zones, etc. are included. 

I agree with everything you said but the hardware thing. No one who plays WoW has 10 year old gaming hardware. WoW had completely different system requirements back in the day. I remember WoW vanilla ran on 256mb of RAM and 2.5ghz CPU AMD crap cpu and an ati radeon 9500 lol. At the moment the minimum requirements are way above that. It requires a minimum of 1gb ram (WIndows XP if anyone uses that) or 2gb (vista/7/8).

So they are definitely not afraid to change the system requirements. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

i am actually starting to get a bit excited about it after reading up on what they're doing with it.

character models now that's about damn time!

apparently they're changing some of our burst cd's so we cant just macro it up and spend the rest of the expansion pressing 1 button.

healing is also getting changed so that it will be more fun

they're removing some abilities and forcing us be more picky in what to use and when

you'll have to earn a silver medal in challenges in the role you wish to play in heroics 

health and damage etc reduced so no more ridiculous numbers

also you wont have to fill up your bank and void storage with transmog gear anymore

basically they're fixing alot of mistakes made in the previous expansions.

I had fun once, it was terrible.