Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO fan's / haters, I suggest trying out this pre-alpha.

Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I can't discuss because of NDA, but you can get into the alpha and beta tests for $10 and it's totally worth it.  

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Pay them for entrance and not be able to talk about it? No thanks

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I will pass

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Sephros

Yeah that is how NDA works :P

But it will be lifted soon and that is 10x better then ESO cause there the NDA got lifted during open beta. Gloria Victis will have it's NDA lifted in pre-alpha soon :D Isn't that worth trying out for $10 looking at the game's features?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Gloria, isnt worth it!

Originally posted by Mikeyfree

Gloria, isnt worth it!

Why not?
    No just looking at the features does not make it worth $10 to be silenced. If I was in for free to test Id happily agree to an NDA. But not after ive given them money to test their product for them. Hilarious.

No just looking at the features does not make it worth $10 to be silenced. If I was in for free to test Id happily agree to an NDA. But not after ive given them money to test their product for them. Hilarious.

Better that then free open beta and then pay $60 at launch and 15 a month. If you don't want to spent $10 now I'll see you at launch when it is free ;)

And ESO had nda almost upto launch. Isn't that hilarious? :P Plz don't tell ppl it's buggy, we need them to pay $60 + 180 a year :P

I don't have a problem paying for a game if it is worth the price.  Being in the ESO beta, I got to see first hand without any investment whether I liked it or not.  This game wants me to pay to see if I like it?  And then if I didn't like it, not be able to talk about it?  Nope. 10$ is meaningless in the big picture but all the same, not gonna do it.

Cant compare the 2.  Anyone who wanted to try ESO got to try it for free.  Then people made the decision whether to purchase or not. I have purchased plenty of pre-alpha games and none have had an NDA yet.  

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120

You will be able to play it at launch for free.  Paying now just gets you into early access.. its just like every other early access.  You pay to get in to help test it.  Im sure when it hits beta there will be invites... whether its closed or open.  Just be patient and try it then to see if you like it.  No one is forcing anyone to buy the game now.  I am enjoying hte game so far.. it has real promise.

Partial loot PVP

RvR

Housing

Dynamic Weather

• VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

I can't discuss because of NDA, but you can get into the alpha and beta tests for $10 and it's totally worth it.  

They should pay you to test their code. That is the way it works in other computer fields, why should games be any different.

Originally posted by VeryDusty

They should pay you to test their code. That is the way it works in other computer fields, why should games be any different.

For one, you are not an employee of the company.  Anyone who is a fan of the company / game get an opportunity to make the game better by giving feedback and supporting said company with 10 dollars to help them complete a game is well worth the entry fee of playing the game earlier than anyone else.

Also, can you link me to companies in other computer fields that will pay me to test their products and give them feedback on them.  That sounds pretty awesome to do in my downtime when im not playing games or working.  Getting a working product when its released and having them pay me sounds way too awesome to pass up.

Originally posted by Ticonz

For one, you are not an employee of the company.  Anyone who is a fan of the company / game get an opportunity to make the game better by giving feedback and supporting said company with 10 dollars to help them complete a game is well worth the entry fee of playing the game earlier than anyone else.

Also, can you link me to companies in other computer fields that will pay me to test their products and give them feedback on them.  That sounds pretty awesome to do in my downtime when im not playing games or working.  Getting a working product when its released and having them pay me sounds way too awesome to pass up.

I know this for a fact because my wife does code testing as a consultant in the computer industry (this will be 20 yrs for her now), so YES you can get paid to be a tester.

Please spout more nonsense you know nothing about.

I know this for a fact because my wife does code testing as a consultant in the computer industry (this will be 20 yrs for her now), so YES you can get paid to be a tester.

Please spout more nonsense you know nothing about.

No need to all aggressive about it.  Your wife sounds like they are actually hired by the company to do the testing as a consultant which is completely different than someone playing a game in early access.  Please link me to a company like you said that would pay you to test their products w/o actually hiring you as an employee or consultant.  Your argument supports the fact that if you are early access testing for a company, you should be an employee of theirs?  o.O

• TaneonTaneon Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Looks promising, have been checking this game ever since they announced it... but sadly every time i truly want to get into it (and test alpha) i have this overwhelming feeling where i want it to be mount&blade online... and its sooooo far from it it hurts
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

What's with all the rage  op just suggested a game...nobody really cares how you spend your money..

Personally i won't be getting it till release, i've way too many early access games sitting in my pc. Still this does seem a promising game and will definitely try it if/when it's finished.

It is the 10.00 you pay them to allow you to test their game. That is what the big deal is about - I can see NDA, etc. not paying for it.
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    It is the 10.00 you pay them to allow you to test their game. That is what the big deal is about - I can see NDA, etc. not paying for it.

And does repeating it 10 times make it more interesting for the rest of us? I mean you made your point, now you can move on i guess. Also it seems you ignored the guy saying that NDA will be lifted soon; who is forcing you to buy it now?

I don't think 10$ are outrageous; but then again to each their own.

Originally posted by Killing91

And does repeating it 10 times make it more interesting for the rest of us? I mean you made your point, now you can move on i guess. Also it seems you ignored the guy saying that NDA will be lifted soon; who is forcing you to buy it now?

I don't think 10$ are outrageous; but then again to each their own.

Actually... reading Very Dusty's comment has changed my mind...  I think a small indie studio should spend all their resources paying every person interested in their products success who may be inexperienced in testing products.   I think the game is a great idea and therefore, I should be paid for it.  He's right...  companies who make other products in the computer tech field pay professionals to do it..  I have been playing games for over two decades... therefore I should get paid for it.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

GV is rough... but that is what early (pre) alpha is... A lot is missing

As far as the $10... It is like a kickstarter thing to help a small indy studio along... They are very involved with the community and the more support they get the faster they can roll out updates because they can get more help.

It's not like they are being dicks about it and calling it a founders pack and charging $100 and have a cash shop already in place (Firefall, EQN:L)

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    That may be true.. but you still have to pay. If they need testers they should just select them like other Devs.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by benseine

Yeah that is how NDA works :P But it will be lifted soon and that is 10x better then ESO cause there the NDA got lifted during open beta. Gloria Victis will have it's NDA lifted in pre-alpha soon :D Isn't that worth trying out for $10 looking at the game's features?

hmm on the other side of the coin, when they lift the NDA and more information is given by players (not gaming websites that make money from developer advertising) then maybe i will throw down $10. 

Seems a bit backwards to be plunking money down for a pre-alpha when i am not allowed to discuss said alpha, maybe the Devs of this game need to go look at how successful greenlit games on steam do.

Lolipops !

Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    That may be true.. but you still have to pay. If they need testers they should just select them like other Devs.

They don't NEED you to test it, they are giving you the option of funding them to play the game early.  I think it has to deal with the success of Minecraft and how big it got from crowd funding.  Star Citizen and Camelot Unchained are the same way with the exception of the price.  Camelot Unchained was $200 to start testing their modules.  Early Access is def not for everyone and I think they understand that.  Just wait for release.

Im actually in favor for paying to get early access to an alpha rather than being the 1% that get into alpha testing for MMO's, let alone the small "increased" percent that get into early beta builds.

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Yeah that is how NDA works :P But it will be lifted soon and that is 10x better then ESO cause there the NDA got lifted during open beta. Gloria Victis will have it's NDA lifted in pre-alpha soon :D Isn't that worth trying out for $10 looking at the game's features?

hmm on the other side of the coin, when they lift the NDA and more information is given by players (not gaming websites that make money from developer advertising) then maybe i will throw down $10. 

Seems a bit backwards to be plunking money down for a pre-alpha when i am not allowed to discuss said alpha, maybe the Devs of this game need to go look at how successful greenlit games on steam do.

The game has actually already been greenlit on steam.  It was the number one ranked vote for a while.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

The game has actually already been greenlit on steam.  It was the number one ranked vote for a while.

I think my point was that as far as i know most if not all but this game are greenlit early access with no NDA. Meaning i can discuss with others in early access about what works and what does not work. If they are gonna ask for cash to help them test it, they need to drop the NDA. That's how i feel, even if it's a small amount, the NDA should be gone.

Lolipops !

I think my point was that as far as i know most if not all but this game are greenlit early access with no NDA. Meaning i can discuss with others in early access about what works and what does not work. If they are gonna ask for cash to help them test it, they need to drop the NDA. That's how i feel, even if it's a small amount, the NDA should be gone.

You can discuss with other early access members on their forums!