Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else had a bad Beta experience this weekend?

alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I`ve had a really bad experience this beta, first the Mages Guild quest won`t let me close a portal i was able to close in a past beta...

Then the Fighters Guild quest bugs out when i`m supposed to help a guy kill some daedra...

Then various other quests bug out my guess is they do that when more than one person is there.

So i made a toon over at the Daggerfall Covenant... only to find out nobody can move past the 2nd island because parts of the Main Quest are not working. There are people gathered there relogging and all that, nothing works.

I did not try the AD side as i was saving it for launch but after today... 

I also found out that their Creative Director Paul Sage lied when he said crafters can make the best/equal to the best gear as you can`t make any jewelry at all right now...

Who else had a buggy beta this weekend?

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I noticed a big increase in bugged quests this weekend, compared with the previous 2 Betas.  Quests (or quest stages) that wren't previously bugged had bugs this time around.  One guy said in chat he had 12 bugged quests in his journal and I wasn't too far behind him with maybe 8 or 10.

Still had fun though.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    you know what they say.. even bad publicity, is publicity none the less :P
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

hmm well considering almost every thread is just like this, i would say you are not the only one OP

it's ok.. i thought people are still clinging to the fact that it's an old build and the PTS / launch client is months ahead of this one.. i'm sure it'll be fine at early access
  • NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

I'm sitting in Elden Root with 7 bugged quests left to complete, and no other available quests to take. A couple are still from Auridon, and there are 1-3 more that I abandoned, I can't really remember how many.

Still, I wouldn't say I'm having a bad experience. I enjoy the game, and I don't think the bugs will last forever. The spawn bugs are the most annoying to me, as it seems like they're part of an overall "feel" ESO is going for and will be the most difficult because the devs have to figure out how to do it in their style, rather than just.. get it fixed and throw the "feel" out the window.

Overall I still really like ESO, and this has just made me more anxious for Early Access. I realize some people are cancelling pre-orders because of bugs - but this is still beta, after all. Close to launch, so I understand concern, but I plan to move along pretty slowly, and if things are still bugged in Auridon (for instance) on Live.. I'll hang out and craft until it's fixed. I'm patient.

Lastly, on the topic of cancelled pre-orders.. even if three dozen people here voice their cancellation its just an unimportant drop in the bucket. In the grand scheme the percentage of people who feel the need to tell us they're cancelling is so small out of the player group here that no one will notice they're gone.

- Nellus

Originally posted by Slackker

I'm sitting in Elden Root with 7 bugged quests left to complete, and no other available quests to take. A couple are still from Auridon, and there are 1-3 more that I abandoned, I can't really remember how many.

Still, I wouldn't say I'm having a bad experience. I enjoy the game, and I don't think the bugs will last forever. The spawn bugs are the most annoying to me, as it seems like they're part of an overall "feel" ESO is going for and will be the most difficult because the devs have to figure out how to do it in their style, rather than just.. get it fixed and throw the "feel" out the window.

Overall I still really like ESO, and this has just made me more anxious for Early Access. I realize some people are cancelling pre-orders because of bugs - but this is still beta, after all. Close to launch, so I understand concern, but I plan to move along pretty slowly, and if things are still bugged in Auridon (for instance) on Live.. I'll hang out and craft until it's fixed. I'm patient.

Lastly, on the topic of cancelled pre-orders.. even if three dozen people here voice their cancellation its just an unimportant drop in the bucket. In the grand scheme the percentage of people who feel the need to tell us they're cancelling is so small out of the player group here that no one will notice they're gone.

to be fair for those 3 dozen that voiced the fact they cancelled their preorder, there is probably a few thousand attached to each of those people who didnt feel the need to tell everyone they were canceling and quietly went about their business... you can say it's beta all you want.. but this close to launch, with a lot on the line, ZOS should have treated this as a marketing event.. not as a "beta" that they'll take no information from other then how servers are holding up.. this weekend is basically open beta pre launch and regardless of it being "beta" there is no excuse for starter zones still being bugged out after however many years of development... the starter zones should be that polished it blinds you to level through them.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I expected this weekend to go smooth i mean they only recently aka 1 week ago added NPC collision... and this build had it. 

So it was an up to date build... that`s why i panicked when i saw most quests were bugged and they had 20 people standing there so i wasn`t the only one who couldn`t complete them.

Maybe they changed too much and too fast recently? I hope they do one more beta right now i`m not sure where i stand, its not about the money but i feel i`m making it worse by supporting them if this last beta is a reflection of the launch build... then again if most are fixed i`d play at launch.

It was a shocker especially since i expected this to be the last beta aka the smooth beta.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I just couldnt get into this game. Love the graphics and voice overs, everything else is bleh.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    *raises hand*
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    It's their instance system failing under heavy load. Too many people cycle through making folks sit around right after the target dies and the instance fails to trigger a new target for the folks waiting.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

I expected this weekend to go smooth i mean they only recently aka 1 week ago added NPC collision... and this build had it. 

Maybe they changed too much and too fast recently?

I don't see how you expected it to go smoothly since they did "just" add this feature.

As far as the second sentence, I don't think it has to do with "too much" but just needing more testing. Then again "this is the testing".

What better way to test new stuff then with a whole lot of players?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    I did, I walked in to this mens room you see and there was this goat and a ah nm wrong board
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Everyone did...get over it. If you didn't know or at least try to read....it was still an old build. Everyone mocks this answer, but us weekend warriors were still doing a stress test. That's all we ever were doing.

Try reading more and you'd be less disappointed.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Not me. I had a lot of fun actually. 

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Everyone did...get over it. If you didn't know or at least try to read....it was still an old build. Everyone mocks this answer, but us weekend warriors were still doing a stress test. That's all we ever were doing.

Hmm.. that's definitely the canned response.

However the PTS has far fewer people, and won't run into the overloaded instance issue that the weekend betas are having, so what difference does their version have to do with anything? They don't see the issue, so how can they test the issue?

If they were effective, and this actually IS some out of date version, and it's already been fixed on live, why didn't they update the non-PTS beta version from two weeks ago?

No, I see ESO having an issue with crowded instances all the way into the live game.

If they wanted a fix for over crowding, then they should have over-crowded the PTS and got 4 times as much data.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

Originally posted by DMKano

I noticed new bugged quests, one FIXED quest that was previously bugged and several that are STILL bugged.

So it's a mixed bag - but none of it bothered me that much as I hope to primarily focus on AvA.

And then I encountered bugs in Cyrodiil - many for the first time, that was more disappointing to me than any of the broken PvE quests which I don't care much for anyway.

As long as they focus on making Cyrodiil as smooth as possible - I could have 100 bugged PvE quests and it won't bother me one bit.

You're misunderstanding the issue. They didn't fix those quests you just happened to hit them at the right time and they weren't overloaded. If you had gone in with a bunch of other people and the got to the target first and then you hung out for the target to respawn (and the key part is there are plenty of others waiting for it to respawn with you AND the other instances as well) then the instance system would have puked and the quest would have bugged out.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

For those who cant pop up the menu after pressing "esc" button a thousand times,

press "." then "esc"

trust me it works!.... oh wait what? oh right. the beta is over :P

yeah that is pretty much the issue that had me the most, i even had to ask "how do i log out" making me look like a fool 

sigh

other than that, i started in AD, i never got far in the Beta, mainly saving the spoiler for the release, but i think i might like this game, as it is indeed quite fun doing some of the quest

So What Now?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    Originally posted by DMKano

I noticed new bugged quests, one FIXED quest that was previously bugged and several that are STILL bugged.

So it's a mixed bag - but none of it bothered me that much as I hope to primarily focus on AvA.

And then I encountered bugs in Cyrodiil - many for the first time, that was more disappointing to me than any of the broken PvE quests which I don't care much for anyway.

As long as they focus on making Cyrodiil as smooth as possible - I could have 100 bugged PvE quests and it won't bother me one bit.

You're misunderstanding the issue. They didn't fix those quests you just happened to hit them at the right time and they weren't overloaded. If you had gone in with a bunch of other people and the got to the target first and then you hung out for the target to respawn (and the key part is there are plenty of others waiting for it to respawn with you AND the other instances as well) then the instance system would have puked and the quest would have bugged out.

This^

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I had a lot of bugged quests or ones that were quirky at best.  I had 6 quests that I could not do and 2 others that were a real pain.  The one you had to go around healing peasants i this one zone.  However you could only heal ones that were laying on the ground.  In this big area there were only 2 spawns of those types so I basically had to camp one of them.  In another one you had to put this leash on a guar.  There were guars with arrows above them everywhere, but only certain ones you could harness up.  I just found one and camped it.  I like the game and am debating whether to shell out the $$ or not.  I am pretty sure if I will get it eventually once it drops in price.  I did not care for wildstar and EQ next is a ways off.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

However the PTS has far fewer people, and won't run into the overloaded instance issue that the weekend betas are having, so what difference does their version have to do with anything? They don't see the issue, so how can they test the issue?

If they were effective, and this actually IS some out of date version, and it's already been fixed on live, why didn't they update the non-PTS beta version from two weeks ago?

No, I see ESO having an issue with crowded instances all the way into the live game.

If they wanted a fix for over crowding, then they should have over-crowded the PTS and got 4 times as much data.

Far fewer people than the thousands? Ok....but you are misleading people to act that the PTS doesn't have almost all of the weekend beta test bugs fixed like they say. You'd know that if you were in the PST test.

Canned response? Typical from a crowd that just doesn't care about the truth....or at least wants to see what happens

[mod edit] So many people pretending to know anything about what will be at launch....laughable.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

Far fewer people than the thousands? Ok....but you are misleading people to act that the PTS doesn't have almost all of the weekend beta test bugs fixed like they say. You'd know that if you were in the PST test.

Canned response? Typical from a crowd that just doesn't care about the truth....or at least wants to see what happens

I say STFU til release from now on. So many people pretending to know anything about what will be at launch....laughable.

ALL the issues that the PTS players are saying are fixed.. are indeed fixed on the PTS because the amount of people on the PTS causing the issue in the first place is negligible compared to the amount of people on the stress test hammering away at the servers,

what you're also failing to see is like last beta weekend they said "we have mob colision on the PTS with revamped starting zones etc.. they're just not ready for testing yet." they were released this beta and it's only been 2 weeks, so even if it is not the most up-to date version of the PTS, it's only a week or 2 old at best.

i bought my copy, i'll play at launch, but i have have no disillusion that what we're experiencing this stress test, will likely be the exact same at launch.

Edit - Along with all add-ons still functioning correctly as the API is still as it was weeks ago.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

I`ve had a really bad experience this beta, first the Mages Guild quest won`t let me close a portal i was able to close in a past beta...

Then the Fighters Guild quest bugs out when i`m supposed to help a guy kill some daedra...

Then various other quests bug out my guess is they do that when more than one person is there.

So i made a toon over at the Daggerfall Covenant... only to find out nobody can move past the 2nd island because parts of the Main Quest are not working. There are people gathered there relogging and all that, nothing works.

I did not try the AD side as i was saving it for launch but after today... 

I also found out that their Creative Director Paul Sage lied when he said crafters can make the best/equal to the best gear as you can`t make any jewelry at all right now...

Who else had a buggy beta this weekend?

They'll fix the bugs and jewelry crafting will eventually make it into the game.

I introduced my girlfriend to MMO's this weekend and she seemed like she might be interested in playing at launch.  I would consider that a success for me.

• gringemoregringemore Member Posts: 182
    Was rough getting through them bugged quests but was so worth it once in Cyrodil. Especially towards the end all sides became so bloodthirsty and had many epic battles, Dominion was about to take another keep from Daggerfall and it ended right as the we started to bash the door in with a ram.
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Apparently the reading problem is yours.  This client was the same as the one on the PTS but with the Imperial stuff enabled, hence the more recent build number, or didn't you notice that?  

• mogilny89mogilny89 Member UncommonPosts: 32

This game is a huge disappointment . End of story.

Nothing about it is new, or fun really.  The sunbeams are nice for the first time you see them and the rain and snow.

The quests are lame, the pvp is overdone and in way too big an area that serves no purpose.

At any given moment, 90% of the pvp zone is completely vacant.  What purpose does that serve?