Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this "new engine" is what took 6 years to make? Nobody is coming back for this.

justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Member UncommonPosts: 559

[mod edit - NDA broken, removed links]

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!

Comments

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 186

wow! not what I was expecting ... but I guess it's just an engine upgrade with no new model upgrades? 6 years?!

Disappointing :(

• Lo/RezLo/Rez Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I dont mean to sound harsh but 6 years for some shadows, they could have made AO2 in that time :/
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,010
    They need to remake all models, effects and textures to take advantage of the new engine...till then it's just a ford trabsit with ferrari engine.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I don't usually go on looks for an mmorpg, but that looks kinda pitiful :( I never played AO though, maybe the gameplay was good?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Just make AO2 already. Thanks!
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,692
    Ain't nobody got time for this!
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,292

mmm 6 years back it was probably good enought...

and anyways, all the models ar old still so you are not going to see real improvements until they are all updated.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    That is awful. Unity 3D and a Sci-fi assest pack is a 1000 times better then this.
  • witchhammerwitchhammer Member Posts: 7

i was hoping so many years that tehy will upgrade this games visuals because the game itself never was broken and had so many features i really miss in todays games .

But instead of focusing on just one real thing (updating the engine) they startet to change so many things that changed the whole game a lot. They cut a lot to make it "easier" for new players but with that they startet to cut out the games soul too.

And now, so many time has went down the river and al they come up with is that ?

Really ?

Its a complete joke, as others said, even Unity kicks that engine in the ass. And all those lame excuses i cant hear any longer. I mean how long do you think will it take to renew/change/make a fitting updated 3D-Model with proper animations ? 1 year or ten ? I often think that theres only one person left thats working on that game that would excuse it a little bit, but even if it really would be just one person... the progress should be much further ...

All i can say after all this years is R.I.P my Metaphysicist, i loved you so much but i fear we will never see us again...

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    They could have made AO2 or something with the amount of time and money they put into it.
  • BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Considering they took all the sub money from AO, to pay for Conan, and TSW, its no surprise that this is the BIG ENGINE UPGRADE they were so expecting to bring the players back to. In other words, the management GUTTED Funcom, stole as much as they could, got caught with their sticky fingers redoing the books, and, they want the player base of all their games to bail them out. THEY DESERVE A GOD'S HAMMER TO BACK OF THEIR HEADS, and to rot in prisons for 3 life terms, while they sit witheir brains in their hands.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There's an NDA on the beta, guys. Locking it up.

To give feedback on moderation, contact mikeb@mmorpg.com

This discussion has been closed.