Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta to Retail Client Download?

xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Been out of the loop for awhile with gaming and beta's etc.

Had a look around but cant find anything.

Out of curiosity, any mention on a beta to client release patch or whatnot? Being a huge download, just would be convenient. I know standard practice would be you can't - just re-download or buy boxed copy.

But what is happening nowadays? Any word on whats going to happen?

If i know what the situation is going to be, least i can prepare for it.

Update:

Sorry been tired lately. This for Beta Client to Retail Client upon release. Rather re-downloading the game when the game gets released and deleting the beta.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I got no clue want...

Either you have a beta key and need to download the beta from your account page..

Or you allready have an old beta installed, in which case you use your patchclient (just start your game) to update the install

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Sorry just got up from sleep so was tired when posting.

Updated the post to make bit more sense. Question was Beta client version to retail client version.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by xenoclix

Been out of the loop for awhile with gaming and beta's etc.

Had a look around but cant find anything.

Out of curiosity, any mention on a beta to client release patch or whatnot? Being a huge download, just would be convenient. I know standard practice would be you can't - just re-download or buy boxed copy.

But what is happening nowadays? Any word on whats going to happen?

If i know what the situation is going to be, least i can prepare for it.

Update:

Sorry been tired lately. This for Beta Client to Retail Client upon release. Rather re-downloading the game when the game gets released and deleting the beta.

The beta client is transformed into the release client, yes.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    You just patch your beta client on release.  Don't have to redownload or reinstall.
  • SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Personally i'm a fan of a clean install when it comes to these things..will be deleting my beta client and cleaning drives with a  defrag for good measure before installing the launch client.