Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Housing announced for SWTOR.

124»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Too little, too late, too bad.

(And who cares? TOR had its shot and missed.)

I do.. player housing is always a welcome addition. And TOR had its shot at what exactly? you mean in pleasing you? well in that case no loss really.

Yeah, I have to say, It matters to me too. And I see it as a good thing.

• PatchezPatchez Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Too little, too late, too bad.

(And who cares? TOR had its shot and missed.)

I do.. player housing is always a welcome addition. And TOR had its shot at what exactly? you mean in pleasing you? well in that case no loss really.

Yeah, I have to say, It matters to me too. And I see it as a good thing.

Same here :)

I've never understood dealing in extremes. So the game failed to impress someone ages ago, no reason one can't come back to check it out on a regular basis to see if things have improved.

Still not the perfect game obviously but for what it's worth I think SWTOR has improved a hell of a lot in the last 12 months or so.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I'd hope for something to do for all crafting professions, plus mission rewards and loot drops.

Imagine a Sandpeople Dude dropping a Sofa or Wampa dropping a Wampa Fur carpet...

Forget Wampas, I want a Wookiee fur carpet.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331
    Originally posted by timidobserver
    My eyes always glaze over when I see anything about Player Housing. I just cannot understand the point. The only word that comes to mind is carebear. 

If my vocabulary were that limited I wouldn't admit it on the internet.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Patchez
    Originally posted by doodphace

This (from the QA) alone will make many people happy:

Q6: How will I be able to collect furniture and decorations in the game?

You will earn a set of starter decorations when you purchase your first Stronghold. Many decorations will be available on existing vendors throughout the game as new rewards for Reputations, PvP, Crew Skills, and more. While some of these decorations will be available for credits and other currencies, many will require components created by crafters.

The details you quoted plus:

Customize Your Strongholds

Display trophies earned in battle, craft state-of-the-art furniture, and unlock all-new rewards across the game. Then customize your Strongholds with hundreds of unique decorations to express your personal style.

Live on Multiple Planets

Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa or both – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!

Launch Your Guild Flagship

Rally your guild aboard your own Guild Flagship and join the renowned ranks of your faction’s starship fleet.

I have to say, credit where it's due....

This implementation has already far surpassed what I expected....I may have to re-sub and check it out :)

Ya I already posted those right before my comment that you quoted.

Like you said, I am blown away by this. Not only did I not expect player housing what so ever, but I def did not expect player housing with displyable torphies earnd from PVP+raiding+flashpoints+quests, as well as many craftable only furnature items, guild fleet ships etc etc.

I guess SWTOR being the number 2 MMO in the west is starting to pay off for them.

EDIT: To be completely honest, I am absolutly more blown away by this thread not having a  single comment yet about how this isn't new, and is just content made before launch etc etc lol

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I'd hope for something to do for all crafting professions, plus mission rewards and loot drops.

Imagine a Sandpeople Dude dropping a Sofa or Wampa dropping a Wampa Fur carpet...

Forget Wampas, I want a Wookiee fur carpet.

not bad, not bad...

also, I want a dead Taun Taun sleeping bag instead of a boring bed.

and btw what is going on with the announced "Guild fleet ships"? Any info on that yet?