Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest MMO Player Base To Date?

Was just wondering what current MMORPGs are worth playing as of early 2014? Which MMORPGs have a really active community and large number of daily players? I am willing to pay for an MMORPG monthly sub if the game is worth it so P2P/F2P MMOs are both fine recommendations if you know any. The only guys I'm not interested in are GW2 and WoW.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by LowjinSmooth
    Was just wondering what current MMORPGs are worth playing as of early 2014? Which MMORPGs have a really active community and large number of daily players? I am willing to pay for an MMORPG monthly sub if the game is worth it so P2P/F2P MMOs are both fine recommendations if you know any. The only guys I'm not interested in are GW2 and WoW.

Rift, TERA, Aion, EQ1, FFXIV would all be well populated at this time. EQ1 is still high population across most servers during prime time and I still play it every night.

All of these are F2P sans FFXIV, with Rift being the most F2P as you can hit max level and see all content without ever spending a dime.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Most everything is poorly populated, other than WoW.  GW2 is doing OK, but only if you really like zerg PvP.  Where it gets really difficult to judge is when you start talking about all of the F2P games, where the playerbase is bottom-heavy with very little happening at the "end game."  SWtOR is an example of that.

You make me like charity