Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The quest for epic loot.

renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

So i stumbled upon this mmorpg(?) (I am not sure what is a mmorpg these days.. :p) and i have to say its not bad...... the play style resembles diablo with 4/5 action skills at your disposal,the skill tree is really big and there is room for endless combos ^__^

So you run around in doungones kill mobs..... upgrade skills.... and get --THE EPIC LOOT-- but wait!! there is a twist! almost all of the doungones are player created! (awesome!!) 

Each player starts with his own castle which he can upgrade,spawn minions,add traps.. and even add/change the castle rooms (sandbox players this is for you! :)    after that you can attack other players castles!! and  steal their loot! (if you dont die in the procces XD)   you can watch replays of people that tried to steal your loot. (use this to perfect your defence! )

the game is currently in open beta state, but it seems like there wont be any big changes in the official release.

There are 4 class available: Warrior(sword shield),Mage(staff),Archer(crossbow),and a girl with a big axe.  each class plays really uniq,you can purchase all of them for ingame currency except for the girl (with the big axe)   

There is no pay to win system for what i have seen.

I only recommend  this game for casual players or as a sub game to your main one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------  Enjoy passing your time for that next big mmorpg :) 

I have been playing mmorpg's since 2002 .   

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

I don't know if I'd call it an MMORPG, but it is fun, yes. I played it during beta and was really impressed. It's much more a lobby game, I'd say, over an MMO. If I remember correctly, you're just blasting through other people's castles, right? And also pre-generated ones? 

It's kind of like a mash-up between Diablo and Clash of Clans. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by rensta
    So i stumbled upon this mmorpg(?) (I am not sure what is a mmorpg these days.. :p) and i have to say its not bad...... the play style resembles diablo with 4/5 action skills at your disposal,the skill tree is really big and there is room for endless combos ^__^So you run around in doungones kill mobs..... upgrade skills.... and get --THE EPIC LOOT-- but wait!! there is a twist! almost all of the doungones are player created! (awesome!!) Each player starts with his own castle which he can upgrade,spawn minions,add traps.. and even add/change the castle rooms (sandbox players this is for you! :)    after that you can attack other players castles!! and  steal their loot! (if you dont die in the procces XD)   you can watch replays of people that tried to steal your loot. (use this to perfect your defence! )  the game is currently in open beta state, but it seems like there wont be any big changes in the official release.There are 4 class available: Warrior(sword shield),Mage(staff),Archer(crossbow),and a girl with a big axe.  each class plays really uniq,you can purchase all of them for ingame currency except for the girl (with the big axe)   There is no pay to win system for what i have seen.I only recommend  this game for casual players or as a sub game to your main one.--------------------------------------------------------------------------  Enjoy passing your time for that next big mmorpg :) I have been playing mmorpg's since 2002.
    What is the NAME of this MMO?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is the full name of the game.

It is a mix of a dungeon builder and a dungeon crawler. First you choose a class. The best classes of course cost money. Then you build your castle and setup additional rooms, traps and monsters. With increasing level your monsters and traps become stronger. Second part of the game sends you to raid other players castles. You have to overcome the players defenses within a certain timeframe in order to loot his treasure room.

While it is fun in the beginning, it quickly becomes a F2P cashgrab. In order to upgrade your castle you constantly need to increase the level of your "castle heart" and further things like an architect bureau, monster hub, forge, and so on. Building times and the amount of needed ressources soon become horrible. So, you spend money or have to wait for days.

Another huge problem are the balancing issues. It is easily possible to setup your castles defenses (monsters combinations) in a way that makes it impossible for a player to reach the treasure room within the given timeframe.

Tried it, had a bit of fun and then quickly uninstalled it.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It's not bad as a coffee-break game, but I wouldn't class it as a "classic" because it's so repetitive.
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    It's got a lot of very negative reviews on Steam, I would probably steer clear of it. Sounds like a money sink.

O_o o_O

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Bigdavo
    It's got a lot of very negative reviews on Steam, I would probably steer clear of it. Sounds like a money sink.

I played it for a day, not because I hated it and uninstalled it, just that it was a time filler.

:D

I found it fun and interesting and never ever seemed to have the need for real money. Like I said, just one days worth. So it may get worse, but was fun and interesting to me.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Asariasha
    The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is the full name of the game.

I guess I should have Googled that, but I had no idea that was the name. I thought it was more of a description :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Your welcome.