Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something I have not experienced in PVP for a long long time...

2»

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Well done OP. Very entertaining read. I look forward to trying something similar in the next Beta.
  • WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Those other players must have been blind because it is very easy to spot people with those giant icons above their head, or maybe they saw you and just didn't care.

Sneak hides the icon and bar over  your head, only when outside of sneak or spotted can you see the icon.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Slowly but clearly people are starting to understand that this game needs open world PvP server.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Slowly but clearly people are starting to understand that this game needs open world PvP server.

No... you misunderstood...

Slowly but clearly people are starting to understand that Cyrodill is an Open world PvP server 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
  • ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

No... you misunderstood...

Slowly but clearly people are starting to understand that Cyrodill is an Open world PvP server 

Exactly. The map is huge.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • david31741david31741 Member Posts: 36

That's what Cyrodiil is....and there are going to be 20+ campaigns/servers to join.

If you want PvP - you never have to leave. It is full "open world PvP".

People who want to PvE don't have to enter Cyrodiil.

PvE & PvP can be separately balanced....it seems like a pretty sweet setup. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by david31741

That's what Cyrodiil is....and there are going to be 20+ campaigns/servers to join.

If you want PvP - you never have to leave. It is full "open world PvP".

People who want to PvE don't have to enter Cyrodiil.

PvE & PvP can be separately balanced....it seems like a pretty sweet setup. 

They will cap the Cyrodiil campaign/servers at  ~ 3000, 1000 per side. So the number of servers will depend on the player base. 20 is only 60,000 players... expect more like several hundred :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Iselin

They will cap the Cyrodiil campaign/servers at  ~ 3000, 1000 per side. So the number of servers will depend on the player base. 20 is only 60,000 players... expect more like several hundred :)

I thought it was 2000 per campaign, from ESO-wikia. Did they change it?

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Awesome post!! Enjoyed reading that and it shows that being patient and seeking other forms of war are there for choosing...
     Not trying to nitpick the numbers of players Cyro, I just remember readin that and found it strange in trying to divide 2000 three ways. Maybe the info I read is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.  image
  • gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Looks great
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

2000 is the number of players they want in Cyrodiil at a time for performance reasons. But 3000 is the actual cap since not everyone will be there all the time. There will be queues at times I'm sure - especially the first week.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by whisperwynd

2000 is the number of players they want in Cyrodiil at a time for performance reasons. But 3000 is the actual cap since not everyone will be there all the time. There will be queues at times I'm sure - especially the first week.

Well, that certainly makes more sense. I'm not that bad at math, so this re-affirms my sanity. Thank you.

• HonosHonos Member Posts: 93
    Thanks for this post.  It looks awesome and I can't wait to play!

Past: EQ, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, LotR, VG, WAR, GW, GW2, Rift
    Present: The Elder Scrolls Online
    Future: Everquest Next