Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the Game?

HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

I played RIFT at release, and and a lot of fun with it for a while before I lost interest.

Now at the 3rd anniversary I'm curious how the game's doing.  What's the population/level of activity like?  How has free-to-play affected the community and the game?  

I'm thinking I might want to jump back in some time.

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    From what I've been hearing (from a friend) that the game is still very active. Only one way to find out.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea game is still very active and has a lot of good guilds.  Don't pay attention to the open chat channels they seem to always have some trolls though, but I think that happens with every game.  If you already had an account after Storm Legion then you wont see any major f2p differences.  However if you did not get Storm Legion then you will need to pay and unlock the skill tree for warrior.  The other classes are optional.  I think they are coming out with 4 new ability tree's they will be fore sale, I dunno the price im thinking 15$ each.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    A F2P game that's worth every penny ;)
  • chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

interesting game AWFUL people in its chat......got called something real sick i wont repeat here for mispelling a bit....

big deal if i typed "hte grass is green" vs "the grass is green" neat how google knows to correct it but someone has to call you names. I'm sick a idiots in chats .....one guy there just kept calling everyone names and hippies....

never played world a warcrraft either yet the name callers told me to go back to it.....

Also the combat system is lacking....i have to click on each thing i want to attack and i can tell thats gonna be the death a me, and then get told to type "q" oh ya ok hold on while i get pounde dill type Q then attack....

the good, looks pretty good, the effects are nice , scenary etc. AND the big win is player instance homes called dimensions.

At time i type this...they just increased all pricing 35%.....its done then...you aint selling me on that increasing prices...

not for a 3 yr old game.

free to play...ok , just dont expect anymore from a guy that would....not when the jerk level in that game is huge.

Why should i have to constantly ignore/block crap////

as i said elsewhere none of these games are doing anything special or worth money they are sitting back sucking all our cash up ...hoping they can wait for 2050 before they have to do anything....guess what. Not all of us gamers will take the abuse. 

everyone of these games is just like your day job ....get to max level and do the same crap every day in and out....

• NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 Member UncommonPosts: 28

I think Rift is in its most interesting state. Alot of patches added and there is always new stuff added into the game, like dimensions, new crafting: Dream weaver, new dungeons. But the 2.6 patch was a bit poor, brought old bugs back, they are fixed now I guess. Rift store is updated regular and very easy to use, was very sceptic about it but now I feel its very natural to use. The chat channels can easily be turned off if it gets too vulgar. Rift is still fun to play and there is always something new if even you just doing dailies, a lot of world events to do. For me rift has gotten better. Even some guys told me years experienced WoW players thought rift is the best choice, both when it comes to gameplay and community.

And now for the awaiting patch 2.7 coming up soon with new roles! Oracle and Arbiter,(mage tank yes finally!) image

So there is always something to check out. Only thing remain is: Log in and try out for ur self!

Nice day to ya!

PS. You can just turn off chat if it gets too annoying, rofl! :P

• PortzeRkkkPortzeRkkk Member Posts: 2
    Not bad game, could be better.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

The game is not bad.

It is just frustrating it runs like shit on modern PCs since it cannot use multiple cores.

• RageGoriaRageGoria Member UncommonPosts: 61
    there are stil some crowdy shards around, no idea about the chats, sure there are trolls,nevertheless, queue-ing as dps in lfg normal dungeon will still take lawds of time ( or i'm just unlucky )