Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If any multiplayer game is now an MMO, what brought you here?

madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

For those of you who believe Counterstrike, Diablo 3, Dota and other like games are an MMO, I have one question....

What brought you to this website? There are websites that specialize in games in general, that would surely cover even more games, and thus providing you with even more opportunities for discussion or discoveries. This website is very limited in its coverage... sure it has branched out a little bit from covering just MMO's, but it still has very limited content in comparison to sites who cover the same content and even more....

Not gonna argue points with anyone... I just wanna know what brought you to a website that specializes MMO's (the english definition, not your personal one).

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by madazz

For those of you who believe Counterstrike, Diablo 3, Dota and other like games are an MMO, I have one question....

What brought you to this website? There are websites that specialize in games in general, that would surely cover even more games, and thus providing you with even more opportunities for discussion or discoveries. This website is very limited in its coverage... sure it has branched out a little bit from covering just MMO's, but it still has very limited content in comparison to sites who cover the same content and even more....

Not gonna argue points with anyone... I just wanna know what brought you to a website that specializes MMO's (the english definition, not your personal one).

MMOs brought me here... The constantly searching for one worth the time and not only the hype.

That said, with the very few MMORPGs worth mentioning I understand why they are expanding into the realm of multi-player and even single player RPG's.

Its that or pretty much nothing but F2P Gpotato type games that we will be discussing.

For serious single player RPG discussion I go to rpg codex (fight the decline!!!) but I even discuss MMORPGs there to a lesser extent on their sub forum- Just like I will discuss gaming in general here when its something that interests me.

The branching out to include other genres is fine with me personally- If anything I would like to see more 'revisited' type articles over older mmorpgs and articles reviewing games past the starting zone.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by madazz

I am also curious of the answers to this. I will sit back and just read for the time being. I want to read the reply.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Mmo=/=mmoRPG

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Mmo=/=mmoRPG

MMOG.com

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Forum pvp, and fun discussions, of course.

In fact, it is great to see that the meaning of MMOs is being broadened (or diluted depending on your viewpoint), so there can be even MORE interesting discussions.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I like many genres of game, but I find MMOs to be the most interesting to design and discuss the designs of; I came here because it seemed like a good place to discuss MMO design.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.