Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing Warlords Of Draenor?

KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

I made a blogpost on why i will be trying out Warlords Of Draenor. With new content it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. What about you? Will you be playing Warlords Of Draenor?

Blogpost:

http://strengthguidesus.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/will-you-be-playing-warlords-of-draenor/

«1

Comments

  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

    A good read.

    I've been playing WoW on and off since its release and no MMO out there has given me that epic feeling when exploring its vast beautiful worlds that are imaginative and not just boring flat featureless landscapes, it's a brilliant fantasy world.

    I liked TBC but didn't like WotLK so I skipped it, Cataclysm was nice but did very little to hold my interest and I just disliked MoP, but it has to be said, WoD has me as excited as I was with TBC and so I may return for this expansion as the features seem very interesting.

  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

     I've played it at release and even tried MoP (a year late) and I have to admit to myself I can no longer go back to Azeroth. 

    For me, and in no way does this reflect on the game itself, it is time to move on.

  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by tachgb

    A good read.

    I've been playing WoW on and off since its release and no MMO out there has given me that epic feeling when exploring its vast beautiful worlds that are imaginative and not just boring flat featureless landscapes, it's a brilliant fantasy world.

    I liked TBC but didn't like WotLK so I skipped it, Cataclysm was nice but did very little to hold my interest and I just disliked MoP, but it has to be said, WoD has me as excited as I was with TBC and so I may return for this expansion as the features seem very interesting.

    But thats the thing, exploring in WoW doesn't reward you, you only get an achievement for revealing the zone. You will never come across a random quest giver or an event off the road, unless you're flown there or told to go there. It's a very static world with quests hubs

  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

     I've played it at release and even tried MoP (a year late) and I have to admit to myself I can no longer go back to Azeroth. 

    For me, and in no way does this reflect on the game itself, it is time to move on.

    Agreed, my sub is up in WoW soon, and after playing ESO with all the choices, weapons and armor you can equiped, WoW seems very shallow to me now, I had a good 5 year run but it's time to depart and head for the next station:)

  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I'm pretty excited for WoD, they're doing a lot of necessary modernization for the game.  Updated art, housing, stat squish, elimination of superfluous abilities, talents, and stats.  Ashran sounds akin to the world PvP we're used to from MMO's like DAoC and GW.  They're going a long way toward making the game accessible to new and returning players and I think that's the right direction.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Still the best game on the market. After testing TESO, and that being an absolute fail, I will definitely be playing it.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,174
    I played from release until sparkle pony and see no reason to go back with the selling lvl 90 for $60 crap.

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70
    Moved on during Cataclysm, can't see myself returning. I used to resub regularly. 
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 136

    I've played off and on from 2004-2013.

     

    Vanilla was the highlight, for obvious reasons; coming from Everquest the content, questing, diversity was fantastic. I became obsessed with PVP and quickly hit rank 11 utilizing my autistic robot camping powers garnered from years of Everquest grinds. (As well as being in a top-10 Horde guild that will remain nameless.)

     

    Burning Crusade was pretty fantastic, but my guild had dissolved in late vanilla, so I spent most of it running Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley and doing heroics with my then close-knit group of friends. Some disappeared late in to TBC, right around the pvp gear wellfare patch. I got banned during a massive banwave for altering the climb angle so I could venture over into the terrain beside Burning Steppes (It's no longer there now.)

     

    WOTLK was Vanilla quality, to be honest. Sure, a LOT of content was cut during it's development (numerous raids, instances, a whole underground world.) but what we got, other than ToC was pretty great. (Ulduar being the pinnacle of raid content as far as I'm concerned.) All my friends are gone by mid to late WOTLK, I quit then, too.

     

    Cataclysm - Appropriately named. Talent tree nerfs take the fun out of leveling, despite the new low level content being decent. Population is dropping like a stone, almost all long-term players are gone by mid Cataclysm. Molten Core 2.0 was decent.

     

    Mists of Pandaria - Chingchongpotato, u riek bamboo? No thanks. The only thing about this NOT horrible is the zone and terrain design.

     

    WoD will probably follow the trend set by Cataclysm and MoP. Lower quality everything, lower population. More cash grabs and just general failure.  They're really out of touch with their more consistent, loyal playerbase. Dumbing everything down for "the masses" isn't the solution to Cataclysm driving so many off. Yes, the game is old, but it didn't have to be, and  a lot of us that quit, and really QUIT weren't bored with the game, but driven off by off the wall changes in fundamental design. It's too late now.

    Conclusion: WoW is the hot girlfriend that became too complacent, thus lazy, fat. Yeah, she could lose the weight, but she won't. Not because she can't, but because she lacks the conviction, backbone, from having things too easy.

     

  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Been playing on and off since a few months after release... I've played almost all AAA MMOs since then and I always end up back in WoW. Kinda feel like giving up on all other games... they're a slight distraction at best, but WoW just delivers more than any other MMO. So yeah, I'll be playing WoD.
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

    Probably, unless Blizzard announces that now horde and alliance are friends and can quest together or play in battlegrounds in same team ;) Tried TESO and hated the loading screens, how they destroyed any sense of faction pride,lack of ah and the awful combat. Since nothing else launches soon, I will try WoD and hope for an expansion like wotlk and not like cataclysm.

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,438

    prob will, unless ESO completely engulfs me

     

  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Im sure ill give it a play through to max level, but im not sure if im going to continue playing wow anymore.  
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Still the best game on the market. After testing TESO, and that being an absolute fail, I will definitely be playing it.

     

    This^^

  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

    Yes, yes I will. Just about to ding my Warrior to 90. Already have plans for my free booster. 

     

    I will give ESO at least a month of my time. Wildstar will probably get some, unless Blizz decides to be mmo-blockers and release WoD the same day as Wildstar, in which case, Wildstar won't get any of my time :(

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    Originally posted by tachgb

    A good read.

    I've been playing WoW on and off since its release and no MMO out there has given me that epic feeling when exploring its vast beautiful worlds that are imaginative and not just boring flat featureless landscapes, it's a brilliant fantasy world.

    I liked TBC but didn't like WotLK so I skipped it, Cataclysm was nice but did very little to hold my interest and I just disliked MoP, but it has to be said, WoD has me as excited as I was with TBC and so I may return for this expansion as the features seem very interesting.

    But thats the thing, exploring in WoW doesn't reward you, you only get an achievement for revealing the zone. You will never come across a random quest giver or an event off the road, unless you're flown there or told to go there. It's a very static world with quests hubs

    MoP introduced a lot of stuff for explorer's. There's hidden weapons all over MoP, and NPC's that give you stuff if you talk to them (but they don't have a big exclamation point on their head). Like Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman - gives you a special fishing lure that lets you catch more fish. Or all the Lost and Found weapons littered across Pandaria which you can transmog or use while questing if you found them while exploring (if you didn't explore and instead just followed the quest hubs, then you probably didn't find them).

    There's also the myriad of rare kung fu masters (and other rares) that have various loot to drop. Also not something given as a quest. Some fun trinkets to get out there. My favorite is Ai-Li's Skymirror.

    What about Sully's letter? It's just sitting there in the water and you either knew it was there and went to get it, accidentally found it (like I did by falling) or you explore.

    I'll admit, WoW is not exactly bursting at the seams with this kind of stuff, but there is some.

     

    As to the OP's questions, hopefully I'll like ESO enough to stay there. If that fails, then yes, I'll be back for Warlords.

  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Probably not, ESO has been a breath of fresh air, and the Garrison feature doesn't include any PvP options in the game type. If they make a SMITE style battleground for players to use their Garrisons for, I may come back to play that. As it stands, last time I came back was around August last year, and I was fully leveled to 90 and raid geared in 1.5 months, playing 2-3 hours a day. It was kind of sad and I got bored really fast. Making the journey even quicker by giving away level 90s does nothing to reassure my confidence in the game.

    Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

    Yes, but probably not until it goes on sale.

     

    **

     

    Now, if they decide to discount it the cost of the instant level 90 upgrade, which would result in paying me $20 to play, then I would play when it releases.

     

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Still the best game on the market. After testing TESO, and that being an absolute fail, I will definitely be playing it.

     

    This^^

    Fail to you, great to others;)

  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Kellth

    I made a blogpost on why i will be trying out Warlords Of Draenor. With new content it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. What about you? Will you be playing Warlords Of Draenor?

    Blogpost:

    http://strengthguidesus.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/will-you-be-playing-warlords-of-draenor/

    Yes, buying, one month - then the content will be dry again and the sub is cancelled.

    As previously. With every expansion. Or do they really provide more content this time?

    image

  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Still the best game on the market. After testing TESO, and that being an absolute fail, I will definitely be playing it.

     

    This^^

    Fail to you, great to others;)

    This really. I for one have to say that regarding TESO I had alot of fun trying it out so far. Funny thing is that last time I had this feeling was when... I played WoW for the first time back in vanilla times.

    Will I try WoD? Unlikely, Blizzard has to try harder than this to grab me again. Let's start i.e. with MoP's talent system...

    Well, sorry, but I prefer to have some better memory of WoW but with each expansion Blizzard is simply trashing it over and over again so thanks but no, thanks. There are other titles to play.

  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Yes I will.

    That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Keylogger_007

    I've played off and on from 2004-2013.

     

    Vanilla was the highlight, for obvious reasons; coming from Everquest the content, questing, diversity was fantastic. I became obsessed with PVP and quickly hit rank 11 utilizing my autistic robot camping powers garnered from years of Everquest grinds. (As well as being in a top-10 Horde guild that will remain nameless.)

     

    Burning Crusade was pretty fantastic, but my guild had dissolved in late vanilla, so I spent most of it running Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley and doing heroics with my then close-knit group of friends. Some disappeared late in to TBC, right around the pvp gear wellfare patch. I got banned during a massive banwave for altering the climb angle so I could venture over into the terrain beside Burning Steppes (It's no longer there now.)

     

    WOTLK was Vanilla quality, to be honest. Sure, a LOT of content was cut during it's development (numerous raids, instances, a whole underground world.) but what we got, other than ToC was pretty great. (Ulduar being the pinnacle of raid content as far as I'm concerned.) All my friends are gone by mid to late WOTLK, I quit then, too.

     

    Cataclysm - Appropriately named. Talent tree nerfs take the fun out of leveling, despite the new low level content being decent. Population is dropping like a stone, almost all long-term players are gone by mid Cataclysm. Molten Core 2.0 was decent.

     

    Mists of Pandaria - Chingchongpotato, u riek bamboo? No thanks. The only thing about this NOT horrible is the zone and terrain design.

     

    WoD will probably follow the trend set by Cataclysm and MoP. Lower quality everything, lower population. More cash grabs and just general failure.  They're really out of touch with their more consistent, loyal playerbase. Dumbing everything down for "the masses" isn't the solution to Cataclysm driving so many off. Yes, the game is old, but it didn't have to be, and  a lot of us that quit, and really QUIT weren't bored with the game, but driven off by off the wall changes in fundamental design. It's too late now.

    Conclusion: WoW is the hot girlfriend that became too complacent, thus lazy, fat. Yeah, she could lose the weight, but she won't. Not because she can't, but because she lacks the conviction, backbone, from having things too easy.

     

    i'd probably still play it if it was'nt for this obssession with dumbing everything down.. last straw for me was the removal of the talents.. so no i probably wont check WoD out.

    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Why not try it as long as every new MMO continues the path of failing to deliver or making a worse version of WoW?
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

    I've tried a few times going back to WoW due to some random moments of extreme boredom with games I was playing.

    I always get tired of it after a few hours of gameplay.

    It's boring and the world does not appeal to me at all anymore.

    It's a mystery to me how people still pay to play it.

    ..Cake..

Sign In or Register to comment.