Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Air and Underwater PVE and PVP?? Yes or No?

BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Hello all, I was just curious if Wildstar had Air and Underwater combat for PVE and PVP? I see you can go in the water and air but didn't know if there was combat in both. If it does that would be awesome! Either way though I'm definitely checking this game out! =)

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Chaoticwake

Hello all, I was just curious if Wildstar had Air and Underwater combat for PVE and PVP? I see you can go in the water and air but didn't know if there was combat in both. If it does that would be awesome! Either way though I'm definitely checking this game out! =)

I'm not sure what you mean by "air".

But there is the ability to go underwater and engage in combat from what I've seen in NDA approved streams.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Originally posted by AzurePrower
    Originally posted by Chaoticwake Hello all, I was just curious if Wildstar had Air and Underwater combat for PVE and PVP? I see you can go in the water and air but didn't know if there was combat in both. If it does that would be awesome! Either way though I'm definitely checking this game out! =)

But there is the ability to go underwater and engage in combat from what I've seen in NDA approved streams.

By air combat I'll give an example of say you wear a jet pack and fighting mobs in the air. Or for another example would be your character sits on a flying mounts back and you fight another character in the air.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Originally posted by Chaoticwake Hello all, I was just curious if Wildstar had Air and Underwater combat for PVE and PVP? I see you can go in the water and air but didn't know if there was combat in both. If it does that would be awesome! Either way though I'm definitely checking this game out! =)

By air combat I'll give an example of say you wear a jet pack and fighting mobs in the air. Or for another example would be your character sits on a flying mounts back and you fight another character in the air.

No flying in wildstar.   havent seen any air combat stuff on streams.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    With customizable mounts, I'd love to see PvP in the air or at sea. Underwater not so much.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Jet pack arenas / battlegrounds / warfronts could be fun. You should pitch the idea to them.  Or even low gravity. I saw a few quests in the streams that offered low gravity gameplay (super high jumps and slowfall).

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by zevian

No flying in wildstar.   havent seen any air combat stuff on streams.

I think by flying he means hover boards they have shown that in the dev videos.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

We've seen examples of underwater combat in some of the youtube videos, and if you use an ability on a hoverboard then it dismounts you.

A while back, the Devs hinted at there being air combat with the Pvp Warplots, but it was one of those things they left up to everyone to speculate on while they sat back and giggled, so we don't know for sure.