Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: The 12 Portents - Three Down, Nine to Go

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Age of Conan Producer's Letter has been published. In it, Joel Bylos takes a look at what the team has been working on. Most notably, he tells players that the Twelve Portents, world events of which there are currently three live, have been a huge success. Additionally, Bylos touches on the team's efforts to bring rebalancing Tier 4 PvP rewards.

These changes are not designed to nerf one class or another beyond playability. We are making careful, considered adjustments in order to foster a competitive atmosphere in the game. It’s certainly not our intention to reduce the viability of classes in PvE – but even PvE players need to stop and take pause when tank classes are topping the DPS parsers.

At the end of the day, be patient as we do our work. The beauty of an MMO is that adjustments can be made on an ongoing basis and we have and will continue to listen to feedback.

Read more on the Age of Conan site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

I actually enjoyed this game very much, probably because i played it a year after it's horrible launch where most of it's playerbase jumped ship. Even so, I've gone back to the game 4 times over the years and found it to be the only real Mature rated mmo in all aspects ( combat, story, graphics, etc.) that I've ever found. I recently tried to get back into it again, but simply found myself playing a single player rpg (85% of the time) in an mmo world.

I'm glad to see they still add a continueing stream of content to the game though. AoC was/is a classic example of what can happen when you release a game too soon, should of been so much more.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

More bags, always a good thing. World bosses are fun. An another inch forward of tradeskills is good too, but inching is slowed down a bit I guess :)

However, pvp? I wrote under the WAR closing column too, that AoC's still here because they came to their senses and stopped ruinig the game with the pursuit of the [redacted] pvp balance, and refocused to pve... The game is in great shape right now, Crom is full, and you think now is the perfect time to start ***ing around with pvp again? Sad news...

"These changes are not designed to nerf one class or another beyond playability." yep, you said that around the late 2000s as well, yet pve folks left the game by the hundreds, while you couldn't satisfy the pvp need for the "holy balance" either - because it doesn't exist... I hope it will be just an another "detour" which we will forget soon, just like the previous balancing attempts... :)

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I dont know I went back to this game and started over new on a conqueror. As soon as I left tortage at level 20 and went to connacht starting the quest chains up there which btw no one was around but myself. I was instantly killed by about 6-8 npcs everytime I tried to do a few quests. I instantly uninstalled and realized why I disliked this game so much in the first place. This game while not being hard and combat being fun has not even received a revamp at all in terms of content for leveling. Once you leave that starting island the game becomes so bland and drab at least in the early game its not even fun and just frustrating at times. Same problems persist as to why people quit in droves to begin with and it wasnt bugs, most people overlook them.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    They still haven't added the new crafting system they have been talking about for 2 years now...

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by JJ82
    They still haven't added the new crafting system they have been talking about for 2 years now...

Nope, but it's getting closer to release yet again, by an inch... seems good work takes time... a LOT of time apparently :)