Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: State of Decay: Lifeline Story Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a new developer blog post on the State of Decay site, the team gives some insight into the development of the forthcoming Lifeline expansion. The over-arching theme of the expansion is one that will give players opportunities to explore different perspectives and to find interesting new people in the world.

In zombie fiction, the military is often the go-to badguy. They’re the hammer to which every problem is a nail, blindly mowing everything down to serve some unknown goal.

But this view is fairly one-sided and naïve. On the State of Decay team, we have a different perspective (some of us firsthand) — the military is made up of many good men and women who stand on the line that divides safety and civilization from chaos and war.

Few people have a greater opportunity to make life-altering choices than soldiers. They’ve played that role as side characters in the original State of Decay...but now we are adding a new story, in which you take on that responsibility yourself.

Read the full developer blog on the State of Decay site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Still really sad no Multiplayer for SOD.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    This game got worse from x360 to the PC release. I honestly thought it was because they dumped it to start working on the MMO.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by logicbomb82
    Still really sad no Multiplayer for SOD.

I thought this game was multiplayer.. wow. I never really looked too much into it but I got the impression that it was like Dayz and other multiplayer suvival games.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I played State of Decay twice to the end, both times spending quite alot of effort to see and do everything available, and I enjoyed the shit out of it. It's true that I've often wished I could play it in a multiplayer, co-op environment, but I enjoyed the original release enough to be interested in the military perspective of focus they're giving to the new DLC's story.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)