Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Union: Stop calling games "free to play" which are not!

123457»

Comments

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

EU bureaucracy always create stupid laws

people suffer from them, i live in Greece ...

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by loulaki

If Greece hadn't racked up all that debt by shamelessly living beyond their means, then none of this would have happened. .. and being part of the EU and getting billions of euros have pretty much saved that country from absolute collapse..

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by loulaki

If Greece hadn't racked up all that debt by shamelessly living beyond their means, then none of this would have happened. .. and being part of the EU and getting billions of euros have pretty much saved that country from absolute collapse..

Well, you know what they say about those Greeks.

The Greeks invented sex...The Italians introduced it to women. =P

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

It's amazingly sad that the grasp of the English language in the EU is that poor.  I can't think of one F2P game that can't be played for free.

EDIT: If they can't see that "to play" is an appropriate qualification, they are the ones lacking in appropriate qualifications.

^That^

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AmargosaAmargosa Member Posts: 8

Quoting myself from gi.biz

I don't have much faith into those guys at the EU when it comes to modern technologies and the internet. Still I think the general idea is not bad. It often feels like the advertising is indeed abused or at least borderline to lure in customers. I don't mind paying for services or actual additional content. But almost the entire industry went crazy with F2P and DLC. When I sometimes look at what games offer me for DLC or the kind of unlocks I need to pay in F2P games I feel cheated.

But the industry is not the single problem. Another major factor to my experience are parents who are not taking care of the technology children use. If parents do not take care of it, take pre-cautions or where the children are able to steal and use the parents credit card then they are part of the problem too.

Indeed, the wording of "free to play" is arguable because nothing is for free. This business model got its place and I think its good for the industry and customers that it exists. But it must mature too, on both sides.