Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like ESO

13»

Comments

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Helleri
    There is nothing in my email to the ends of actually accessing a beta.
    ..snip

Found it....I probably actually need a new machine though given the system recommendations....meh...might be fine.

See you on friday lol

This is a 21GB game?! For the love of....That's bigger then my operating system. That is a larger install then every game currently on my machine combined. What could possibly justify using that much space? and what do you mean by see you on Friday?

Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    It's not really that I don't like, it's that I don't  care.  I like my Elder Scrolls as a single player game, I really have no interest whatsoever playing online with a bunch of idiots.  I'll just wait until the next installment by Bethesda.

I do realize the online game is by Zenimax and not Bethesda, but as far as I understand there is no definite answer to the question : Will there be more single player Elder Scrolls titles?   There is rumour that they are working on another Fallout game but Elder Scrolls single player experience might end with Skyrim.

Bethesda Softworks was founded as a limited liability company. Later the founder of bethesda co-founded Zenimax Media. Their respective HQ's are in the same building (not the same building complex - the same building). It's different faces of the same company. They actually operate by at least a dozen different names depending on what country your in. Same people though. The guy making a model for a fallout game likely works no more then 3 cubicles away from the guy who manages it's sales on a website.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485
    The game woud have to really disappoint me this weekend.. I really loved dishonored and liked Skyrim. Both were a little serious and gloomy for me - but I can't knock the game play. Those guys just know how to make engaging games near as I can tell.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    I voted Yes.  Not sure how I'll feel six months from now, however.  
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

This is a 21GB game?! For the love of....That's bigger then my operating system. That is a larger install then every game currently on my machine combined. What could possibly justify using that much space? and what do you mean by see you on Friday?

Welcome to modern gaming. Guild Wars 2 and LOTRO are a fair 18 GBs both (as are some FPS games, like Red Orchestra 2.) Just give yourself a pat on the back and be lucky that you don't play ArmA, that's like 40 GBs for me. - Actually, TESO is 29GBs.

I remember when we could fit games on floppy disks or a single cd, but that is a discussion for a completely another time.

- I do like ESO, and I have bought it. I, however, cannot say how long it will keep me; I expect it to stick with me for a good 2 - 4 months of active play, before slowing down. I highly doubt I will unsubscribe though, I mean, even though there are other games coming out (Such as Divinity), I have great interest in ESO and want to play it with my friends.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Playing ESO just made me want to go play TERA again, so that's what I've been doing. heh..

Joined - July 2004

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    You forgot option, "I like it but I can't afford to buy a 4-quad PC."

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Mostly what i liked so far

-sub ++++

-i did not see bikini knights ,social clothing crap +++++

-no lfg ,dungeon teleporting ++++

-no cash shop,+++++

and some other things.

what i did not like to see.

-no PvP really ------

-no housing ---

-combat is bit too simple ---

-manual aiming should be standard these days (if i wear plate chest and no hat at all,monsters / players should aim in the head ofc,etc) ---

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    There is nothing in my email to the ends of actually accessing a beta.
    ..snip

Found it....I probably actually need a new machine though given the system recommendations....meh...might be fine.

See you on friday lol

Is this a joke?  Have you been playing DOS games or something for the last 15 years?    I'm going with this must be sarcasm.  If not, welcome to the 2000's
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    It's not really that I don't like, it's that I don't  care.  I like my Elder Scrolls as a single player game, I really have no interest whatsoever playing online with a bunch of idiots.  I'll just wait until the next installment by Bethesda.

I do realize the online game is by Zenimax and not Bethesda, but as far as I understand there is no definite answer to the question : Will there be more single player Elder Scrolls titles?   There is rumour that they are working on another Fallout game but Elder Scrolls single player experience might end with Skyrim.

Then if they don't make any more, I just don't play any more.  Life goes on.  That doesn't make me want to play ESO any more than if they had the next Elder Scrolls game coming out next week.  It's just a game.  I play what they produce, if they don't produce, I don't play.  Plenty of games in the sea.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• pezitpezit Member UncommonPosts: 63

I see the hype never dies. The game is just another turd released to cash in on a famous IP, and they will succeed yet again, it will go f2p once they've gotten their winnings and the hype has died out.

The combat is like a shit version of skyrims combat (which is already pretty damn bland), the writing is god awful and not cringing while you listen to NPC's is hard, it reminds me of guild wars 2 in that regard. It's not a new virtual world that the genre desperately needs and what it should be about but another virtual lobby where you will stand around and queue for different things while you jump around in a city. There's no permanency, everyone can just learn almost everything and then swap their skills around, crafting will blow because there's no item decay/loss. The world will be dead as shit as soon as the hype crowd has reached max level, nothing to fight for in the open world.

TLDR: The game is just another one of many released after the success of WoW with no vision except the vision of $.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Don't like it.

Bland, mediocre and doesn't have chat bubbles.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Don't like it.

Bland, mediocre and doesn't have chat bubbles.

There's a chat bubble add on.

• dualband42dualband42 Member Posts: 14
    I like it, and i'll pay. (#1)!
  • codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

My problem is that, while I like it, I don't see it being my primary game, and while I would gladly spend money on it, I don't want to subscribe and then feel obligated to play as much as possible "to get my money's worth."

I would much rather pay for cosmetic gear and items, player/guild housing, etc. on an a la carte basis.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Judging from reports about it, its a pretty substantial failure at basic tasts. Thus I wont bother with it at release. I dont rule out that I'll reevaluate that game later.
  • EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by pezit

I see the hype never dies. The game is just another turd released to cash in on a famous IP, and they will succeed yet again, it will go f2p once they've gotten their winnings and the hype has died out.

The combat is like a shit version of skyrims combat (which is already pretty damn bland), the writing is god awful and not cringing while you listen to NPC's is hard, it reminds me of guild wars 2 in that regard. It's not a new virtual world that the genre desperately needs and what it should be about but another virtual lobby where you will stand around and queue for different things while you jump around in a city. There's no permanency, everyone can just learn almost everything and then swap their skills around, crafting will blow because there's no item decay/loss. The world will be dead as shit as soon as the hype crowd has reached max level, nothing to fight for in the open world.

TLDR: The game is just another one of many released after the success of WoW with no vision except the vision of $.

You sound like a sad depressed mofo, but I completely agree with everything you said :)

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I've been watching a ton of youtube impressions and reading a lot of previews and I'm starting to come around. The PvP looks and sounds awesome, the ability to mix and match skills is awesome. It has a lot of potential, the devs just have to keep adding content after release at a constant flow.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I don't like the "get past the first ten levels and it's great". It should be great right off the bat or at least good or at bare minimum tolerable.  I wouldn't read a book that the first ten chapters sucked, I wouldn't watch a tv show if the first ten episodes sucked. Why should a game get away with that logic?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

I played enough free to play mmorpgs to realize that what I really want to do is play one that is pay to play and prefereably does not have free trial on thesame server.

Pre-ordered and will play in early start, join us !

Originally posted by Adamantine
    Judging from reports about it, its a pretty substantial failure at basic tasts. Thus I wont bother with it at release. I dont rule out that I'll reevaluate that game later.

Shame you don't make your own decisions about things.  You could try the beta this weekend with the thousands of keys out there, but I'm sure the 'reports" you read must be right and it's 100% failure so just go with their opinions instead of your own right?

I find it interesting only 20% of the poll are people who don't like it and don't plan on playing it - but 80% of the comments here are from people who don't like it or are bashing on it.  Vocal minority FTW.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    I find it interesting only 20% of the poll are people who don't like it and don't plan on playing it - but 80% of the comments here are from people who don't like it or are bashing on it.  Vocal minority FTW.

I see what you are saying...clarifying it would help....

According to the poll at least, most will play it and the rest should stfu and move on. That's the way I see it at least.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."