Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Water effect / affect on skin hair in video games, can I have it?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

What games show your character getting wet?

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Sorry I'm not trying to make this sensual but this subject will have to deal with that as well I guess.  So far I found a final fantasy game that did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5k3IMcuGs

I guess FFXIV was suppose to but couldn't accommodate  the graphic's for the PS3.

• DarwinianDarwinian Member Posts: 38
    First game that comes to mind is Dragon's Dogma. If you character gets wet it has an instant  visual and de-buff effect on your character. When you get "soaked" you are "heavier' and therefore  your abilities , costing stamina to use, cost more. I thought it was an interesting touch in a game.
  • elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

In the latest patch  of FFXIV they enabled the wet look effect when you stand in the rain, or a water effect hits you.

Is more visible on some clothes compared to some others but you get it.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Uncharted, latest Tomb Raider (maybe?)... CryEngine 3.X has options for separate wet shaders to be used for this, but I don't remember if Crysis 2/3 actually employed it (or how visual it was), but I'd wager they probably did.

I definitely know there's been a surprising amount of games that have done this, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. ><