Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0.1 Discussion- What do you think?

1235»

Comments

  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by BadSpock

    Got my Barb to 60 last night. 

    Not as fun as my Monk. Just was missing that "omg that's cool/fun" factor that Monk has for me.

    D3/RoS not releasing on XB1 till probably September, so I'll have to buy for PC to start rocking out Crusader.

    I hope Crusader "clicks" with me as well as Monk does.

    Monk is farming Torment 3 w/o issue.

    Hehe .. i just "graduated" my wiz last night to T4 farming after getting a good shoulder drop that up my toughness.

    It would be fun to start leveling and restart the whole gear hunt at 70 though. All my gear will be obsolete soon.

    Are you doing that solo or in groups?

    Solo for me.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by BadSpock

    Got my Barb to 60 last night. 

    Not as fun as my Monk. Just was missing that "omg that's cool/fun" factor that Monk has for me.

    D3/RoS not releasing on XB1 till probably September, so I'll have to buy for PC to start rocking out Crusader.

    I hope Crusader "clicks" with me as well as Monk does.

    Monk is farming Torment 3 w/o issue.

    Hehe .. i just "graduated" my wiz last night to T4 farming after getting a good shoulder drop that up my toughness.

    It would be fun to start leveling and restart the whole gear hunt at 70 though. All my gear will be obsolete soon.

    Are you doing that solo or in groups?

    Solo for me.

    solo for me too.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

     

    Yep, very fun changes. Some of the affixes are really quite nasty now. I am glad I ran through this at first with a Monk who is pretty tanky. Even with my mantras, heals and other defensive abilities, they still can hit really hard. I am trying a Wizard now and loving the changes on her too. Yeah, I concur, there are some pretty nasty trash mobs too. Those blowy up guys in Act 3 that move really fast come to mind. Open door: *evil cackle* BOOM! image

     

    Funny thing related to one of my gripes earlier: the Wizard rolled tons of side areas in the first few maps of Act 1. I guess I just had a really bad initial run on the Monk.

     

    Yeah i have yet to play my monk seriously ... but the wiz (my main) is taking all the time. It is really fun to work out a good workable stable build based on a good amulet drop (22% arcane dmg + orbiting bombs ... so i move to a disintegration build).

    It probably will be even better when RoS is released, and we can have adventure mode.

    There are also fire/poison spitting trash that you have avoid. Standing in fire will kill you even if you have tons of toughness. It is certainly not a game you can steamroll unless you are playing at very low difficulty option.

     

  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

     It is certainly not a game you can steamroll unless you are playing at very low difficulty option.

    Very true. I still make mistakes or caught get with a horrible affix combo and get just mauled.

    I'm using a Cold damage build on my monk, great because I do high DPS and have slows, damage reductions, and attack speed decreases, as well as Daze effects and an 2 awesome legendaries that give me a chance to Freeze on hit, and a chance to Freeze instead of slow, so the synergy is beautiful.

    Oh also a legendary helm that gives a chance for a poison cloud to AoE everything around me, wish it was Cold but the added free damage is nice, thing procs ALL the time (also I have high attack speed).

    heerobya#1188 if anyone wants to look me up :)

    Don't let the paper doll DPS fool you, I have like +70% Cold damage which isn't reflected in that number.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

     It is certainly not a game you can steamroll unless you are playing at very low difficulty option.

    Very true. I still make mistakes or caught get with a horrible affix combo and get just mauled.

    I'm using a Cold damage build on my monk, great because I do high DPS and have slows, damage reductions, and attack speed decreases, as well as Daze effects and an 2 awesome legendaries that give me a chance to Freeze on hit, and a chance to Freeze instead of slow, so the synergy is beautiful.

    Oh also a legendary helm that gives a chance for a poison cloud to AoE everything around me, wish it was Cold but the added free damage is nice, thing procs ALL the time (also I have high attack speed).

    heerobya#1188 if anyone wants to look me up :)

    Don't let the paper doll DPS fool you, I have like +70% Cold damage which isn't reflected in that number.

    And cc is certainly very important in this game. I have a slow and a freeze from my passive & skills and that is a large part of my build. Pure dps will get you kill very fast.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by BadSpock

    Very true. I still make mistakes or caught get with a horrible affix combo and get just mauled.

    I'm using a Cold damage build on my monk, great because I do high DPS and have slows, damage reductions, and attack speed decreases, as well as Daze effects and an 2 awesome legendaries that give me a chance to Freeze on hit, and a chance to Freeze instead of slow, so the synergy is beautiful.

    Oh also a legendary helm that gives a chance for a poison cloud to AoE everything around me, wish it was Cold but the added free damage is nice, thing procs ALL the time (also I have high attack speed).

    heerobya#1188 if anyone wants to look me up :)

    Don't let the paper doll DPS fool you, I have like +70% Cold damage which isn't reflected in that number.

    I am using cold damage on my Wizard and a mix on the Monk. Will give cold damage a try on the Monk. I picked runes that give a good amount of resource because I find I go through it like crazy. Loving the fact that CC is actually important now. I hope that Blizzard never changes this. I am so tired of dps always being the end all and be all of most games.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Loving the fact that CC is actually important now. I hope that Blizzard never changes this. I am so tired of dps always being the end all and be all of most games.

    actually cc is always important (at least in some classes) in D3. For example, the standard critical mass wiz build before 2.01 replies on using frost nova to stun lock everything.

    Now there is a much better balance, and better build varieties.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    actually cc is always important (at least in some classes) in D3. For example, the standard critical mass wiz build before 2.01 replies on using frost nova to stun lock everything.

    Now there is a much better balance, and better build varieties.

     

    I did try a cc build on a wiz pre-patch but I found it was not very effective. Or perhaps I should say, it was not as effective then as it is now.

    Now if only Blizzard would make cc important in WoW again I would be really happy.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    actually cc is always important (at least in some classes) in D3. For example, the standard critical mass wiz build before 2.01 replies on using frost nova to stun lock everything.

    Now there is a much better balance, and better build varieties.

     

    I did try a cc build on a wiz pre-patch but I found it was not very effective. Or perhaps I should say, it was not as effective then as it is now.

    Now if only Blizzard would make cc important in WoW again I would be really happy.

    Now there need to be a balance. My current disintegration beam build would be a lot less effective withotu temporal flux to cc the mobs.

     

  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol

    wow .. 1.2M toughness .. i only have 600k or so on my SC wiz, and i kept dying to elites with the right (or wrong) combo affixes.

  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol

    wow .. 1.2M toughness .. i only have 600k or so on my SC wiz, and i kept dying to elites with the right (or wrong) combo affixes.

     

    Well, your Damage is massively higher than mine and most of my upgrades in the short time as lvl 60 have been toughness, which is fine because I don't want to die and lose her!!

     

     

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol

    wow .. 1.2M toughness .. i only have 600k or so on my SC wiz, and i kept dying to elites with the right (or wrong) combo affixes.

     

    Well, your Damage is massively higher than mine and most of my upgrades in the short time as lvl 60 have been toughness, which is fine because I don't want to die and lose her!!

     

     

    True .. i bet playing HC is very different. I am averaging couple of death every day (cause i am pushing torment level a bit). HC is too stressful for me, although i can understand why it is fun for others.

     

  • sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by baphamet

     


    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Originally posted by baphamet the changes are nice but still no pvp.
    I think it is really hard to balance all those skills for pvp. This game should not have pvp, and blizz should not have promised it.

     

     


     

    pvp was a big part of the diablo series, its what kept me playing for years.

    yes it should be in the game.

    Sorry but pvp has always been a minigame for Diablo

    The vast majority of players never even played it once

  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

    I'm having fun. I was frustrated at first because I had a very nicely geared Archon Wizard that I hadn't played in a long time. They nixed that build, so it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. I settled on an Arcane Torrent build and am back to destroying everything. I'm pretty excited to play through the new act and level a Crusader with friends. Right now, I'm just helping friends get caught up a bit, and farming Paragon XP. I haven't been very lucky with Legendary drops, but I'm not real worried about my gear being that it's all going to get replaced in a few weeks. 

     

    I liked the original D3 ,but farming for loot felt sort of pointless by the time I quit, so I lost motivation to play. This version of loot feels a lot better so far. 

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by sethman75
    Originally posted by baphamet

     


    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Originally posted by baphamet the changes are nice but still no pvp.
    I think it is really hard to balance all those skills for pvp. This game should not have pvp, and blizz should not have promised it.

     

     


     

    pvp was a big part of the diablo series, its what kept me playing for years.

    yes it should be in the game.

    Sorry but pvp has always been a minigame for Diablo

    The vast majority of players never even played it once

    This ^^^

    They should not have promised pvp at all. It is not a core gameplay of Diablo at all.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

    I'm having fun. I was frustrated at first because I had a very nicely geared Archon Wizard that I hadn't played in a long time. They nixed that build, so it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. I settled on an Arcane Torrent build and am back to destroying everything. I'm pretty excited to play through the new act and level a Crusader with friends. Right now, I'm just helping friends get caught up a bit, and farming Paragon XP. I haven't been very lucky with Legendary drops, but I'm not real worried about my gear being that it's all going to get replaced in a few weeks. 

     

    I liked the original D3 ,but farming for loot felt sort of pointless by the time I quit, so I lost motivation to play. This version of loot feels a lot better so far. 

    ha ha ha .. i have a nicely geared archon wiz before the patch too (500+k dps self buffed) although i sold off the best gear in anticipation of the patch.

    I tried a cold build with glacier spike & frozen orb and it was pretty cool. However, i got a legendary amulet drop with 22% arcane dmg, so i moved to a disintegration beam/archon build.

    It is fun ... i can kill all trash fast with disintegration beam ... and archon is now a great dps boost for elites & champs.

     

  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

    I'm having fun. I was frustrated at first because I had a very nicely geared Archon Wizard that I hadn't played in a long time. They nixed that build, so it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. I settled on an Arcane Torrent build and am back to destroying everything. I'm pretty excited to play through the new act and level a Crusader with friends. Right now, I'm just helping friends get caught up a bit, and farming Paragon XP. I haven't been very lucky with Legendary drops, but I'm not real worried about my gear being that it's all going to get replaced in a few weeks. 

     

    I liked the original D3 ,but farming for loot felt sort of pointless by the time I quit, so I lost motivation to play. This version of loot feels a lot better so far. 

    ha ha ha .. i have a nicely geared archon wiz before the patch too (500+k dps self buffed) although i sold off the best gear in anticipation of the patch.

    I tried a cold build with glacier spike & frozen orb and it was pretty cool. However, i got a legendary amulet drop with 22% arcane dmg, so i moved to a disintegration beam/archon build.

    It is fun ... i can kill all trash fast with disintegration beam ... and archon is now a great dps boost for elites & champs.

     

     

    That's one of the legendaries I want, but I have terrible luck lol. I'm running with this:

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ceQfSj!YdZ!ZcccZc

     

    You need some APOC to make it work. 10 should be sufficient. My sheet DPS is way lower, but my clear times are really good. The idea is to keep Arcane Orbs up and Teleport into groups of mobs while you spam Arcane Torrent. In any level of Torment, Illusionist will constantly proc, allowing you to spam Teleport into mobs faces for the damage and the stun.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

    That's one of the legendaries I want, but I have terrible luck lol. I'm running with this:

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ceQfSj!YdZ!ZcccZc

     

    You need some APOC to make it work. 10 should be sufficient. My sheet DPS is way lower, but my clear times are really good. The idea is to keep Arcane Orbs up and Teleport into groups of mobs while you spam Arcane Torrent. In any level of Torment, Illusionist will constantly proc, allowing you to spam Teleport into mobs faces for the damage and the stun.

    I don't think APOC is as important as before. I use arc lightning to get back my AP (i still have some APOC but has swapped out my old gear with better legendaries) and you can fill it up in a second or two.

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol

    That sounds like so much fun! I will give HC a try once the lag issues get resolved. It is hit-or-miss at the moment. Some game sessions are lagless, others get lag spikes of 1000 off and on. I think I will try it once RoS releases.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Ok, I got my Hardcore Barb to 60. It took a little under 1 full playthrough on Hard difficulty. She's now level 11 paragon and has approx. 1.2 million toughness so she can dance in fire...lol

    That sounds like so much fun! I will give HC a try once the lag issues get resolved. It is hit-or-miss at the moment. Some game sessions are lagless, others get lag spikes of 1000 off and on. I think I will try it once RoS releases.

    HC is too conservative to me. I cannot really experiment if i play HC. However, i can imagine why it is fun for some.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.