Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all of you like to roam Solo in an MMO

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I want to push your mind a little...

Ask yourself, why do you like to run around solo - when the focus is clearly on group-gaming in an MMO?

What I have found for myself now is, that I love playing solo - to be precise the illusion of playing solo - because I know when ever I want I will bump into other players. The illusion because nothing in an MMO is really accomplished solo. Nothing except questing and crafting, the solo content. And even then, we enjoy simply seeing other players. The majority of the content is layed out for a group. Even when you play in a battleground in PvP and call yourself solo-player, everything what leads to your success is accomplished by other players driving the goals of the game forward, which you for the time of being do not perceive by going on your own. Therefor mostly being fully immersed into your solo experience and 'think' you have a great impact. But the real impact is the joy you have playing, not really the impact .. what a group can do multiple times better than a single player.

I personally like to play PvP solo because I am an elitist when it comes to competitive gaming. Always the stealthiest of the stealth classes. And it is hard to find equally good players. And when you do, you have to completely adapt and sacrifice certain aspects which work perfectly for your own playstyle, to fit into the group. And then being reduced Just for one aspect. Dont like it. And it does not matter how good you perform, you are as good as the worst player in that group.

It is truly impossible to perform well in a group environment where every player has his Ego online. We all know it. Things work like a charm when everyone knows what he must do. But until then.. oh boy.

If you can get yourself to the point where you sort out players until you have found your 2 or 3 mirror images of your personal playstyle and skill, then congratulations. I personally do not have the stamina for this struggle, without getting paid for it.

This is why I roam solo. Because I know exactly what I am capable of. So in 98% of all situations I win and I lead the scoreboard with my killcount.

If that is interesting to you, then you will ask how this guy is so good? If not, then you will probably not even pay attention to score in general or this thread.

I spit on mob-ganking. I find it funny how you have fun 3v1. What's the matter? No challenge, no point.

But when we are honest, no multiplayer game out there is fun playing in complete solitude. Playing solo is fun with the knowing that you have other players all around you.

Just imagine yourself how it is to really play solo, on an empty server, you being the only 1 player online. Terrible, terrible feeling.

Take care and have fun whatever you currently enjoy solo -or- in a group!