It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It seems like every game I try falls into 1 of 2 categories, it's either a WoW clone (which I'm not a fan of) with maybe 1 or 2 novel features, but inherently the same as WoW, or an Indie game with tons of promising features but god awful implementation and gameplay.
I've tried tons of games and nothing can keep my attention for more than a few days (if even that much). Everything is the same, either a WoW clone or a disappointment. Maybe I'm not giving games enough time and I've overlooked something.
Either way, I'm fairly certain that what I'm looking for does not exist (yet), but I'd be willing to try something that even has half to most of these features. So if you're reading this and any particular game comes to mind (I'd even be interested in single player games or console games) feel free to mention it.
· Classless skill-based or multi-classing (think The Elder Scrolls 1-5, or D&D type character creation/progression)
· BIG open world (no invisible borders, minimal use of instances, and go anywhere I want as long as I can survive there)
· Nonlinear gameplay (not just hub to hub to hub… travel/exploration is encouraged)
· Action combat (no tab targeting, have to manually aim/dodge/block, etc.)
· Gear can be acquired through questing, crafting and looting (not all from 1 source)
· Non-combat gameplay options (Trade (think trade routes and goods, not just player to player item exchange), Exploration, Construction)
· Fantasy setting
· PvP isn’t forced on you